Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 101 to 120 of 421

ThomasBW84

Well, I still enjoy my 3DS, and have no regrets about picking it up on launch. It seems slightly crazy to write it off at this stage, and I also don't believe it's been an overly poor launch line-up. I enjoyed Ghost Recon and Ridge Racer, moved on to Street Fighter, then Pilotwings, and then of course OoT. There's been games such as Nintendogs for fans of that kind of thing, some fun virtual console releases in the eShop, and the video side of things is starting to show signs of life.

In addition, the upcoming releases look pretty promising. There's quite a few exciting looking Nintendo releases on the way, (Mario 3DS can't come soon enough), Metal Gear, Cave Story, Sonic Generations, and Resi Revelations next year. I'm not saying I'll purchase all of these releases, but there is enough coming that I'm confident I'll be able to get my game on with the 3DS for a while yet.

The 3DS isn't perfect, but no console is. I'm excited by what is coming though,and have had a lot of enjoyable gaming hours so far.

Edited on by ThomasBW84

ThomasBW84

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3469-6599 | Nintendo Network ID: ThomasBW84 | Twitter:

melechofsin

3DS wins as a multimedia device too. It has netflix. In 3d soon. Cant do that anywhere. It has mp3 player. You load them through sd cards (u wont find these on either apple or sony devices, which is pathetic in 2011). U play these songs with awesome 3d effects... Gold. Not found anywhere. So we have movies, music. Oh yes, and a two screen web browser so i's comfy. What else? Guess it only does everything. Now games on the ipad? Seriously? An ipad is a computer... U need to compare it to a pc, a laptop. Not a portable handheld. Ipod touch maybe, and those are really bad devices to game because of the small screen and inferior everything basically....

melechofsin

komicturtle

I can't wait till you folks look back at this thread 3 years from now

That's if the world doesn't end next year...

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Ark

It has netflix. In 3d soon. Cant do that anywhere.

Nextflix won't really utilize 3D. Without 3D, Netflix is available on numerous other devices, home consoles and portable. Also, unlike other media players, 3DS doesn't even allow you to use your own movies. You need to pay a regular subscription to add that functionality, instead of having freedom to watch what you want on the other devices you mentioned. Netflix is only available in North America, not the other regions where 3DS is sold, so it's a moot point.

It has mp3 player. You load them through sd cards (u wont find these on either apple or sony devices, which is pathetic in 2011). U play these songs with awesome 3d effects... Gold. Not found anywhere.

If you're going to listen to music on the go, chances are you'll have the 3DS closed, thus nullifying the 3D visual effects. Having a visualizer in 3D doesn't automatically make it "better" than a 2D one, per se. Sony doesn't use SD cards because they use another common format, Memory Sticks. iPad/phone/pod does not use them because the built in storage makes them unnecessary, though there are ways of using SD cards on them. 3DS needs SD cards because of its limited built-in storage.

So we have movies, music. Oh yes, and a two screen web browser so i's comfy. What else? Guess it only does everything. Now games on the ipad? Seriously? An ipad is a computer... U need to compare it to a pc, a laptop. Not a portable handheld. Ipod touch maybe, and those are really bad devices to game because of the small screen and inferior everything basically....

The web browser is decent, though much slower than the ones featured on the iOS platform. The 3DS browser does not respond well to image-heavy websites. There are numerous great games for the iOS devices. I'm not sure how to reply to a statement such as "iPad is a computer" when it's more of tablet if anything. Small screen? The iPod Touch's screen is comparable to the 3DS and the iPad is much larger, though they are rather different in resolution. How is everything inferior on the iPod Touch...? o_O Care to elaborate?

Edited on by Ark

kkslider5552000

Honestly, I would never want Nintendo to fail.

But if I did, I would so hope it's because of overemphasizing having non-gaming applications and appealing to CORE GAMERS YO. And speaking of things I would never do or say, I would never say "true gaming fans", but if I did, they would not be CORE GAMERS YO.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

cangelo

melechofsin wrote:

3DS is phenomenal. I remember when I tried it at the store, the Nintendog looked so amazing in 3D. They had a glaases 3D game on the tv too connected to a ps and the 3d effect there just sucked. .

Probably just the demo you saw...I love the 3DS and it is phenomenal...I have a 55 inch LED tv with 3D hooked up to my PS3...it's awesome. I can't wait until Uncharted 3 comes out!!!

3DS does it without glasses which is HUGE as I don't use my 3D tv if there are more than two people watching/playing a game. Usually just me.

Playing 3D on a 55 inch tv in HD trumps playing on a little screen and the effects are better in the large screen. I'm not talking about demoing it at a store, I own both and use them every week.

Not having to keep the 55 inch screen at just the right angle and just the right distance is nice...I'm used to it on the 3DS and it doesn't bother me, but it's nicer on the television with glasses.

Having portable 3D is awesome! Especially with a camera to take pictures with.

Anyhow...both are fantastic but it sounds like your limited viewing of 3D at a store was not a good indication to compare the two.

cangelo

kkslider5552000

Every attempt to use 3D for 3DS has been terrible for me. I've never seen anything in 3D ever so that might help explain it. But I have failed to find a way for the 3D to fully work for more than 30 seconds EVER for moving images, and even if I did, I fear for my neck's safety.

However, I still knew going into this it would just be a pointless, mildly amusing gimmick to help sell the system and little more so it's not a problem for me.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Raylax

theblackdragon wrote:

Sushi wrote:

There's more fail in this thread than the History exam results of a New Earth Creationist. On all sides of the argument.

just sit back, relax, and enjoy. :3

Oh, I certainly am :3

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

CanisWolfred

@Topic

Well, now you see why I don't own a 3DS, and why I usually wait a year or two before getting a system. Although I do intend to get a PS Vita at launch, but only if it comes with a Memory Stick and Wipeout is a Launch title.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Chris720

Disappointed with the Wii U... I could be, I could well be... it depends on the launch titles and what Ninty has to offer from out of the box. If it's like the 3DS where we have to wait another 2-3 months before any of the online functionality is up and running, then the Wii U is going to kinda suck from day one.

The only reason the 3DS had such a crappy start was because of it's launch titles and there was no online functionality... there was a friends list, notifications and well... that was about it. 2-3 months later we finally get our hands on the Internet Browser and the eShop that made the 3DS just that much better.

The 3DS will grow over a the rest of this year and early into 2012 and I'm guessing that after it's been out for over a year I can the 3DS being one of the "must-have" consoles on the market... at the moment, it's just a gimmicky little console with 3D visuals with not too many bells and whistles.

But with what Nintendo have done so far is pretty spectacular and I can't wait to see what else they'll do with it... 2011 and 2012 will probably ebe the best years of my life as a gamer.

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

yoyogamer

Maybe TBD should make a "Universal whinning thread" (UWT).

This is a signature.

Mandoble

With the Wii you have most third party main devs saying, well, it is too underpowered to put my game there and the effort to downgrade that game is too high and the end result too poor so, if you want to play my game, better buy a PS3/XBoX/PC. Now it happens that the 3DS has a power roughly comparable with the Wii, while PS Vita is more in the range of current PS3/XBoX, so I guess the final reaction of game devs will still be the same. They will be able to put their games with little extra effort and modifications in PS3/XBoX/PC and also Vita and WiiU (+ next gen smartphones, pads), but not in 3DS. And what is worse, all the game types that were fitting well for DS (and selling quite well too) cannot be "transformed" into 3DS ones, if they do DS users will not be able to play them, but for 3DS standards these games would be rated quite low. I think 3DS future cannot be darker.

Mandoble

Retro_Gamer

Wisconsin1 wrote:

I don't think it will be like this for ever, but its going to be a while and a lot more games later before I pick up another 3DS

I don't blame you in a sense, there really hasn't been any meaty games for 3DS yet and while Ocarina of Time is great we've already played it before. I'm sure around the holiday there will be enough real games to buy the system again.

Currently Playing:
Zelda II: Adventure of Link

Terave

The last quarter of this year... THEN a lot of games are coming which we are (probably) hoping for!

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

GreatManaTree

komicturtle92 wrote:

I can't wait till you folks look back at this thread 3 years from now

That's if the world doesn't end next year...

.....The world ends in 2012?....Haha.... from 2000 to 2005 people were excited about Nostradamus, and thought the world would end soon....And now people think the world ends in 2012, because of the Maya's said so?...?....I am sorry, but i can't take a folk serious let's not go out of our way to insult religious members of the forums, please and thank you — TBD

So, now that's clear, let's talk about the future.....Me personally don't really like tablets and smartphones....they are very expensive and fulnerable. It is said that those products are taking over in the years to come....Also, because they have free and cheap games! The worst case scenario is, when the gaming market collapse, they must lower the price of games...so game developers don't get 10.000,- a month, but 2000,- for example....

.....I think that's even better!....So, game developers can create their games with love again, instead of just having ajob that pays very well!

Edited on by theblackdragon

GreatManaTree

Rocossa

We were sopposed to die 2 months ago. I feel ripped off.

I'm not going to get a 3DS until good titles hit the shelves, which will happen this year. That and I'm broke.

Rocossa

GreatManaTree

I love the 3DS, that's a fact! I would recommend to buy it! The only 2 things missing at the moment are games and online capacity.....I think Sony enjoys that.....Online capacity, and i mean chat/message, etc, is nearly as important in 2011 as good games.....a lot of people rather play a crap game, if they can do it online, than another lonely expereance....A spotpass is nice, but it's nothing without a decent communication ability...same with 3DS friends.....

GreatManaTree

Bass_X0

Anyways, once a new Castlevania, Contra and Punch-Out!!! especially are announced I'll be mega creaming my pants.

You can expect to play them about 18 months after they first get announced. Minimum.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.