Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 501 to 520 of 923

Araquanid

KO-Cub wrote:

During that 5 years of no Metroid, did you ever hear people wanting a cheap graphic, chibbi, full multiplayer-based, Metroid that didn't have the hint of Samus or high lore and exploration?

Did you ever hear people saying they DIDN'T want another metroid game at all spin-off or not either? I'm sure if nintendo said at E3 "Hey guys, would you like a metroid spin-off? our team is working very hard to try and continue the series, and we'd like to provide a new spin off game for the time being as opposed to nothing, we'll start the development immidiantly" I'm sure fans would be cheering still as long as it wasn't pinball 2.

Also samus has been confirmed a LONG time ago.. also I like how you're complaining about the lore (aka the minor hidden details NO GAME has ever mentioned at reveal.) and exploriation when the game hasn't seen more than a level to justify no exploration or indepth lore.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

@kyuubikid213 Let's forget about what Nintendo's said about this game for a moment (because you have to remember, this is PR, it's usually not 100% honest) and look at the facts surrounding this game.

-The gameplay style is completely different from Metroid and the levels we've seen don't showcase any kind of familiar Metroid elements besides general FPS gameplay and a handful of generic weapons.
-Metroid Prime 4 is not in development at all. Not just unfinished, no one has even started on it as of E3.
-The Metroid series generally has a low attach rate and low sales.

Now with that in mind let's come back to Nintendo's PR. Do you really buy that this game is a spinoff designed to tide the fans over until the next main game? I would argue not, taking into consideration the above facts it doesn't seem that Nintendo is interested in making a main series game the way the fans want it at all. If they did, we would have seen or at least heard about a new Metroid game that sticks to Samus' roots at this point, like how Nintendo has said they were making Zelda U a while ago but has Nintendo given Metroid fans the same kind of assurance? Nope, it's always "we'd like to make one but we can't right now", which is a non-committal answer. So I can't buy their statement that this is just a spinoff, it's not believable when they've gone out of their way to avoid the main series gameplay. If they want the fanbase to give FF a chance they need to provide some sort of evidence (not just the same wishy-washy PR statements we've been hearing for the last 2 or 3 years) that the main series gameplay isn't being abandoned, either by working more of it into FF or definitively stating that a main series game is in the works. That's the only way they can regain the fanbase's trust.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Did you ever hear people saying they DIDN'T want another metroid game at all spin-off or not either? I'm sure if nintendo said at E3 "Hey guys, would you like a metroid spin-off? our team is working very hard to try and continue the series, and we'd like to provide a new spin off game for the time being as opposed to nothing, we'll start the development immidiantly" I'm sure fans would be cheering still as long as it wasn't pinball 2.

That's a question that shouldn't even be asked, if they can't be bothered to appeal to what the fanbase wants, then they shouldn't even bother with the IP in the first place. It'd be better for Metroid to die with its dignity intact than have it driven into the ground. It should be understood that if Nintendo wants to continue with Metroid then on some level they need to give the fans what they want. If it's taking too long to work on the next game, do what they're doing with Zelda U and provide remakes of games the fans enjoyed to bide their time and provide occasional updates, that at least assures the fanbase that Nintendo is actually taking them into consideration. Like I said to kyuukid213 above, Nintendo hasn't assured the Metroid fanbase that they actually want to make the game the fanbase wants them to make and in fact they're implying more that they don't want to make that game at all, so there's no reason to trust Nintendo's plans for the series.

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Also samus has been confirmed a LONG time ago.. also I like how you're complaining about the lore (aka the minor hidden details NO GAME has ever mentioned at reveal.) and exploriation when the game hasn't seen more than a level to justify no exploration or indepth lore.

Say what you will about needing to see the final product, but first impressions are very important, especially to a more casual audience that may not follow what's going on with the game. So if they wanted to convey that this game has those things, they really should've done a better job of that in its initial reveal at E3 to make sure people fundamentally understand what the game is about.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Socar

@Bolt_Strike: Problem is that Reggie himself said that Nintendo knows the awareness of the true Metroid game. Thing is, its not happening right now at this moment.

Actually, first impressions don't do much other than giving idea to players what they have to deal with. Wind Waker turned out to be a great game despite its artstyle (Which I love btw!). Again, you and all of us here know only very little about the game. Also, didn't Tanabe-San said that while the game is a spin off, it explains the events that would lead into the prime series?

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

DefHalan

My brother is convinced that Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters will make an appearance and possibly play a big role in this game or future Metroid games.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

Artwark wrote:

Problem is that Reggie himself said that Nintendo knows the awareness of the true Metroid game. Thing is, its not happening right now at this moment.

There's a huge difference between knowing about the problem and actually doing something about it. They could do a better job of satiating the fan demand, why not do a quick remake of Super Metroid for instance? That would be a crowd pleaser.

Artwark wrote:

Actually, first impressions don't do much other than giving idea to players what they have to deal with.

Exactly. And if there's confusion about what they're dealing with as there is with this game, it's a bad first impression.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Socar

@Bolt_Strike: Actually, a Metroid remake will be a LOT better than nothing. But I don't think Super Metroid needs it but rather Metroid 2 which definitely needs it as the game could use the map style in Dark Moon.

Honestly, not only are you limiting other users who want to express their opinions about the game but your further telling yourself that you probably have not much of faith in you anymore seeing as how you're overly negative about a game that's not even an ACTUAL true Metroid game let alone a TRUE sequel of the real deal. I'm negative most of the time, but when it comes to Nintendo, I'm positive just as long as it delivers quality.

Sure, maybe the 3DS library might not be as memorable as the DS but you can't deny the quality that we have for the 3DS.

By this point, I'm willing to bet that someone will counterattack your opinion one last time to the point that he/she will express their own comment.

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Bolt_Strike

Artwark wrote:

Actually, a Metroid remake will be a LOT better than nothing. But I don't think Super Metroid needs it but rather Metroid 2 which definitely needs it as the game could use the map style in Dark Moon.

Super Metroid would be the smarter choice for a remake by far. Nintendo is going to want something quick and easy that could give them the best return on their investment. Super Metroid is already a pretty functional game that doesn't need as much updating and it's regarded by many as the best Metroid game in the series so it stands the best chance of getting better sales. Metroid II would be more of a risk, the game isn't as polished, not very well known, and would need more work put in to improve it, so I don't think it's as good a choice.

Artwark wrote:

Honestly, not only are you limiting other users who want to express their opinions about the game but your further telling yourself that you probably have not much of faith in you anymore seeing as how you're overly negative about a game that's not even an ACTUAL true Metroid game let alone a TRUE sequel of the real deal. I'm negative most of the time, but when it comes to Nintendo, I'm positive just as long as it delivers quality.

Sure, maybe the 3DS library might not be as memorable as the DS but you can't deny the quality that we have for the 3DS.

Okay, first of all I'm not limiting users' opinions at all, I'm simply expressing mine. Second, quality is not good enough for a video game, you can make a game as polished all you want but if it's not fun, it doesn't serve its purpose. And fun is subjective, so it's perfectly reasonable to be negative at any time depending on their preferences. And I'm seeing virtually nothing this gen that truly grabs my attention.

Bolt_Strike

TuVictus

DefHalan wrote:

My brother is convinced that Sylux from Metroid Prime Hunters will make an appearance and possibly play a big role in this game or future Metroid games.

I'm pretty sure Tanabe directly stated at E3 that the ship at the end of Prime 3 was Sylux's and that he would play a big role in Prime 4.

TuVictus

DefHalan

Operative wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I'm pretty sure Tanabe directly stated at E3 that the ship at the end of Prime 3 was Sylux's and that he would play a big role in Prime 4.

I am not sure if he actually said that but that would be weird information for press to glance over. That would mean Prime 4 is in development, maybe not being programmed or anything but at least being worked on from a story point.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

Bolt_Strike

DefHalan wrote:

Operative wrote:

DefHalan wrote:

I am not sure if he actually said that but that would be weird information for press to glance over. That would mean Prime 4 is in development, maybe not being programmed or anything but at least being worked on from a story point.

From the sounds of things Tanabe has a basic concept and storyline behind the game already, but the game isn't moving forward because none of the dev teams want to work on it. The game doesn't necessarily need to be in development to share those kinds of vague details.

Bolt_Strike

TuVictus

Yep, exactly. Sylux is confirmed from the head honcho himself to be the focus of the next mainline Metroid game, as far as the Prime games go.

""There’s still more I want to build around the story of Sylux and Samus. There’s something going on between them. I want to make a game that touches upon [it]."

"I’m also thinking that, in that eventual game between Sylux and Samus that might get made, that I wants to involve the [Galactic] Federation as well," he said. "So it would be a good idea to release a game like Federation Forces to flesh out its role in the galaxy before moving on to that."

TuVictus

Joeynator3000

...............I miss Trace. TwT lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

IceClimbers

Will be interesting to see who develops Metroid Prime 4 when (and if) that comes around. Retro Studios? Armature? EPD (formerly EAD and SPD)? Team Ninja? Bungie (as if that'd ever happen)?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Sparx

Blast wrote:

You know... I've made a hype train for this game. It's still chugging along. I've been having alotta fun this gen thanks to my Wii U and PS4 and 3DS. Some of you guys are making gaming sound horrible when its not. There's some horrible gaming practices but overall gaming is great.

still got room on that train?

My avatar is from here

kyuubikid213

Sparx wrote:

Blast wrote:

You know... I've made a hype train for this game. It's still chugging along. I've been having alotta fun this gen thanks to my Wii U and PS4 and 3DS. Some of you guys are making gaming sound horrible when its not. There's some horrible gaming practices but overall gaming is great.

still got room on that train?

It doesn't look like it'll be a bad game at all. Slide over.

Edited on by kyuubikid213

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

I-U

DefHalan wrote:

I'm also convinced Sylux is going to return in Federation Force. Two of the most notable tidbits of information following the game's reveal were 1) confirmation that it was Sylux following Samus at the end of Prime 3 and 2) Tanabe is interested in having Sylux play a larger role in Prime 4. There is no reason for Tanabe to really mention this information, or make it a focus of any interview, unless Federation Force is going to have Sylux return in some capacity to help lead into the future continuation of the Prime games. Since this game is suppose to have a greater focus on the Galactic Federation, Sylux should be appearing considering that the hunter stole significant technology from right under the organization's nose.

Edited on by I-U

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Araquanid

Megumi wrote:

...............I miss Trace. TwT lol

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Luffymcduck

Merry Christmas to everyone in advance!

Untitled

If you want to see my short parody series of Metroid Prime Federation Force click here.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Grumblevolcano

Given this seems to be the only active Metroid thread and this is Prime related I'll mention here. Parts of the first Metroid Prime (seems to be Magmoor Caverns and parts of Phendrana Drifts) has been recreated in Halo 5 and it looks rather cool.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

I-U

On the subject of recreation, I like that Metroid Prime Federation Force seems to be bringing back another snow/icy themed setting into the Metroid Prime series. I like Bryyo Ice, enjoy Phendrana Drifts and love Arcterra, so I'm looking forward to the missions that take place in this new setting. It already seems to have its vicious predator in the Ice Beasts, comparable to Phendrana's Sheegoths. I do think that new setting could end up being really interesting.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

Sorry, this topic has been locked.