Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 921 to 940 of 945

McGruber

I want to pick this up for it's online, but IDK if there would even be anyone playing (as is the case with most 3DS online games). Any insight NL?

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

roy130390

@McGruber Online is probably dead considering the poor reception. It's a shame since it's actually a pretty good game.

roy130390

kkslider5552000

The thing that ACTUALLY annoys me about this game is that as a Metroid fan, I basically have to get it. And likely sooner rather than later, if I want to properly experience the multiplayer (which everyone says is the only good way to play it).

Bioshock Infinite Let's Play, please watch and enjoy!:
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I maintain that the only real problem I have with this game is it wasn't a simultaneous reveal with another Metroid game.

I now have zero problems with this game.

Bolt_Strike

Can we all pretend this game never existed now then?

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

meleebrawler

@Bolt_Strike Fat chance. Prime 4 is probably going to touch on this game's secret ending in some way. Maybe we'll see the mechs continue to be used, even.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Spoony_Tech

@Bolt_Strike Why would we do that, this game is actually fun! Might not be the Metroid we wanted but doesn't make the game horrible. I would think the popularity of this game may spike a bit now with the other announcements.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

PikPi

The game is good. Not amazing or stellar but it was definitely fun. Poor thing never stood a chance.

PikPi

kkslider5552000

Bolt_Strike wrote:

Can we all pretend this game never existed now then?

if a Metroid 2 remake is gonna take elements of Other M, I will make sure you and everyone remember this for the rest of your lives. : 3

Edited on by kkslider5552000

roy130390

The reception this game got breaks my heart. We had the opportunity to haven an expanded Metroid Universe that has more options to appeal for more people. if this game was announced along with these games, it probably wouldn't have received the hate and unfair treatment it got. I never felt more disappointed about the gaming community since in most cases I saw it wasn't just disliking the game, it was pure hatred, bias and the need to attack the game in every chance they got.

roy130390

meleebrawler

@roy130390 Somehow, I doubt Nintendo or whoever is doing Prime 4 are really going to take the ''complaints'' to heart, and will continue developing the Federation regardless. Kind of have to if Sylux is involved, after all.

And come on... who doesn't want to see one of those mechs in a non-chibi setting?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

roy130390

@meleebrawler I really hope you are right. To me, FF had the right approach for a multiplayer Metroid game and my only problem with it was the chibi art, since atmosphere is really important in Metroid games and the aesthetic actually affected it in a negative way. However, the damage wasn't even close to make the game something bad and well, who says the Federation can't have their own version of soccer to practice using their mech suits?

roy130390

ollietaro

It looks like this game is taxing to solo. How is the single player experience? It looks like there's a lot of shooting when soloing which I noticed in YouTube videos. Is Prime Hunters a better solo experience?

ollietaro

I-U

This game may end up being my favorite game in the Metroid Series. It's difficult for me to put anything above Hunters just due to the time I've played that game, but there are a lot of things right about Federation Force that will likely keep me playing for quite some time. I got 100% completion about a month or so ago, and I'm now working towards getting all the MODs. Aftershock is the only one I've yet to get. I could grind a Talvania mission in Hard Mode for it, but I'm instead trying my luck while replaying all of the missions. Within the last month, I've almost done three playthroughs of Normal Mode. The diversity in gameplay and the arsenal options available are arguably the best the series has seen. I hope that Prime 4 will continue to push arsenal customization further, because I do not see it being the better experience personally if it just plays it safe with upgrades.

Edited on by I-U

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

ollietaro

@I-U This makes me happy to hear that someone thoroughly enjoyed a game that was unfairly dragged through the internet mud. Did you play mostly through online multiplayer?

ollietaro

Tiefseemiez

Yes, me too.
I honestly didn't play much of it, because it is not a genre I am usually into and I too didn't like the Chibi art style, but the hours I had with it were really fun.
It was amazing to see how much atmosphere it had only by level-design, setting and especially music though the visuals were so basic in that regard.
It really as well-made and I bought it because I was really sorry for the developers who seemed to have put a lot of thought and passion into this just to get flamed by the internet. They didn't deserve the hate.
It is a good game.

Never want to come down, never want to put my feet back down on the ground.

I-U

ollietaro wrote:

@I-U This makes me happy to hear that someone thoroughly enjoyed a game that was unfairly dragged through the internet mud. Did you play mostly through online multiplayer?

I have mostly played the game solo. I did enjoy playing through missions online with others, but didn't feel I was as immersed in the environments as I could be. I think my favorite missions online were the boss missions, like with Sawken and Samus, where four players can easily dominate with the right combos. It's a shame the online has died down a lot. The last time I played online was with another player on Mother Lode around a week ago and I had fun helping them get triple medal. It was interesting to see how the other player played that mission versus my approach having gotten 100%. There are plenty of ways to play through the game.

Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic