Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 921 to 940 of 955

meleebrawler

That hard mode mission select music is surprisingly heart-pounding and intense.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

UNSOLUTEDSALT

I just finished the game and haven't seen the post credits, but I just wanted to say that this was one of the coolest extended-universe Metroid games I've played. After that last mission as well I wouldn't be mad at a proper prime game using this engine. Screw attack FTW!

UNSOLUTEDSALT

Twitter:

Pahvi

UNSOLUTEDSALT wrote:

one of the coolest extended-universe Metroid games I've played.

What are the other such titles - Metroid Pinball?

"The review score of 6 becomes a 9 when looked at another angle. And vice versa." -me?

Spoony_Tech

@Pahvi That's what I was thinking too. Didn't even think about pinball but Hunters would be the other.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

shaneoh

Only completed the first mission so far, but I've got a feeling I'm going to be enjoying the game right to the end. On my next session I will be giving multiplayer a go.

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Andyliini

I just completed the main story of this game, all missions, that is. I played through most of the missions solo, nut had to jump online for Mission 11, it became too hard for me to beat alone. I was surprised how well the game ran online. I played with a few people from Japan (at least seemingly Japanese) and the game ran great, no lag, no disconnects, no graphical of framerate hiccups, like I was playing locally. NLG really did good job with the netcode. Also, the game looks way better in motion than in screens.

Anyway, the controls took a mission or two to get used to, but control scheme A with gyro enabled worked great in the end, much better than touchscreen aiming like Hunters, for example. The missions were quite varied, although there were a bit too many base defense missions for my liking. Theys always felt too hectic to play solo. The bosses were great, especially the final boss, NLG continues to nail them right from Luigi's Mansion 2.

I feel a bit sad about the games reception and low sales, as I don't feel they were all justified. Hopefully the next game from NLG strikes gold again.

Dunno how I feel.

Nintendo Network ID: Andyliini | Twitter:

yokokazuo

Looking for some people to play hard mode with if anyone is interested. Got just a few of the final missions to get 3 medals in now.
If anyone wants to join me, pleas @ me and we can add each other and set up a time to play.

My backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Peach64

This is £14.85 at ShopTo for those in the UK.

Peach64

Spoony_Tech

Still say it's worth that price and then some. While not a great traditional Metroid game it's still a good game.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

McGruber

I want to pick this up for it's online, but IDK if there would even be anyone playing (as is the case with most 3DS online games). Any insight NL?

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

roy130390

@McGruber Online is probably dead considering the poor reception. It's a shame since it's actually a pretty good game.

roy130390

kkslider5552000

The thing that ACTUALLY annoys me about this game is that as a Metroid fan, I basically have to get it. And likely sooner rather than later, if I want to properly experience the multiplayer (which everyone says is the only good way to play it).

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

kkslider5552000

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I maintain that the only real problem I have with this game is it wasn't a simultaneous reveal with another Metroid game.

I now have zero problems with this game.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Bolt_Strike

Can we all pretend this game never existed now then?

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

meleebrawler

@Bolt_Strike Fat chance. Prime 4 is probably going to touch on this game's secret ending in some way. Maybe we'll see the mechs continue to be used, even.

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Spoony_Tech

@Bolt_Strike Why would we do that, this game is actually fun! Might not be the Metroid we wanted but doesn't make the game horrible. I would think the popularity of this game may spike a bit now with the other announcements.

MERG said:

PikPi

The game is good. Not amazing or stellar but it was definitely fun. Poor thing never stood a chance.

PikPi

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic