Forums

Topic: Metroid Prime Federation Force (and Blast Ball)

Posts 481 to 500 of 923

Joeynator3000

Yeeeaaah, the chibi thing really shouldn't be in this, that's the only thing I don't like about the game.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Koopa-King

@Operative: The weird thing is that the "Federation" are the only things in the game that look remotely chibi. While everything is toned down from metroid they all look the part. Im sure it was down to a design choice but since we've heard nothing on the game NOBODY HAS EXPLAINED ANYTHING! The biggest problem with the game is all the miscommunication.

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

Nintendo Network ID: nyansloth

Joeynator3000

I have the weird feeling that they're gonna use Miis in this. >.>

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Koopa-King

@Megumi: I guess that wouldn't be Mii-ting your standards for this game EH?
Although the idea of Mii's doesnt seem like that bad of an idea. Maybe I just like them too much.

Edited on by Koopa-King

The fact you are reading this proves you are able to have an attention span longer than me. Well done sir or madam!

kyuubikid213

While I don't have a problem with any aspect of the game (because it's not out yet and I'll reserve judgment until then...or until we get more footage/information), I think the best way to solve everyone's problems is to change the "Federation Force" bit and make it Metroid Prime Hunters 2.

Untitled

Keep the gameplay the same and rework the story so it's Samus and the other bounty hunters tackling some sort of threat that needs all of their help.

BAM. Problem of Samus not being in the game? SOLVED. Chibi art style (that I don't have a problem with)? SOLVED. Connection to another Metroid title? SOLVED.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

Koopa-King

@kyuubikid213: I'm fairly certain they already confirmed that Samus would be in the game but would have a different role. Whether that means gameplay or just a story element we dont know but I thought I should keep you in the know.

kyuubikid213

@Koopa-King: I know that much. But I still see it listed as one of the problems with this unreleased game when someone brings it up.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers wrote:

Metroid Prime 3? Mega rehash. So rehashy it's not even funny. Oh wait, Bolt likes it so it's not a rehash

It's not just bias. Prime 2 and 3 simply change the gameplay on a larger scale than the recent platformers and Smash. I haven't seen anything from games like 3D World and Tropical Freeze that has the same effect on their respective IPs gameplay as gameplay elements like Hypermode, Wii controls, and the Grapple Lasso has in Prime 3.

IceClimbers wrote:

Rehashing isn't necessarily a bad thing. Creativity and innovation aren't always good either - just look at Sonic. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Smash sticks to the series' formula.

That's true, it's not always black and white, they should only innovate in areas where innovation makes sense. However, they're not getting this balance right and rehashing IPs that could use some bigger improvements. I'd have no problem with say, Kirby or Yoshi rehashing because I can't really think of anywhere else for them to go (aside from 3D, but the novelty of that will wear off quickly).

kyuubikid213 wrote:

@IceClimbers: Maybe it's been cancelled along with the Metroid IP because of the children that cried about it and flocked to the YouTube page simply to dislike it.

Untitled

Honestly though, I think the massive (and largely undeserved) backlash from E3 has resulted in the game getting reworked in some form or fashion to try and appease those vocal individuals.

Personally, I think the game looks fine and I'm sure it'll be a blast [ball] to play. I just won't be surprised if we see even less Metroid in the future since both this (technically a Prime title) and Other M (traditional Metroid for the modern audience) have overwhelming disdain from "fans". This kind of outcry doesn't get the game you want made any faster. If anything, all this shows (from a purely numbers standpoint) is that Metroid needs to die since there's no room (according to the "fans") for the series to branch out to something different every once in a while or grow as a whole.

That works both ways, Nintendo outright killing off the IP because they're not willing to make a game more like Prime or the Classic 2D games. In fact, I'd say it's more immature of Nintendo because they have control over the IP, if they're not willing to make the Metroid game that the fanbase wants and deserves, then it shows that they have a narrow minded, dictatorial vision of what the Metroid series should be. If they want the series to branch out, they need a good balance of familiar elements that define the series and new elements that create a different experience. With FF they're leaning almost entirely in the direction of the latter, which is what the fanbase is upset about.

kyuubikid213 wrote:

While I don't have a problem with any aspect of the game (because it's not out yet and I'll reserve judgment until then...or until we get more footage/information), I think the best way to solve everyone's problems is to change the "Federation Force" bit and make it Metroid Prime Hunters 2.

Untitled

Keep the gameplay the same and rework the story so it's Samus and the other bounty hunters tackling some sort of threat that needs all of their help.

BAM. Problem of Samus not being in the game? SOLVED. Chibi art style (that I don't have a problem with)? SOLVED. Connection to another Metroid title? SOLVED.

I think the opposite needs to happen, actually, keep the characters but change the gameplay. The Federation soldiers fit perfectly, the problem is that the gameplay isn't as Metroid like as it should be. Change up the gameplay and especially the level design to be meatier and more exploration based while keeping the co-op gameplay and then you've got a good foundation for spinoff gameplay.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

IceClimbers

Ok, I'd have to agree with @Bolt_Strike here. Fed Force does lean a bit too much in one direction for my tastes.

As for what's happened with Fed Force, I imagine it's been pushed back. The question is whether it was pushed back to flesh out the release schedule, or because the game is being reworked?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Araquanid

I'm still waiting for the answer to "what could smash 4 have done to not be a rehash while still implementing new things and still appealing to melee fans that hated brawl because it had new things".

Lmao, it seems like everygame that has any changes is just shunned for not being like the others.. and any game that has similar mechanics and gameplay is a straight up rehash.

bolt wrote:

It's not just bias. Prime 2 and 3 simply change the gameplay on a larger scale than the recent platformers and Smash. I haven't seen anything from games like 3D World and Tropical Freeze that has the same effect on their respective IPs gameplay as gameplay elements like Hypermode, Wii controls, and the Grapple Lasso has in Prime 3.

Hypermode was actually what has people complaining about prime 3 the most. Anybody who doesn't favor three over the others will surely mention that hypermode was an op and unnecessary addition aside from the late game where it's the entire game. Having it on a regular basis took the extreme measures out of fighting, while still making boss battles a bit more epic with having to switch between modes... which doesn't differ much since you lose a lot of visors and the beams can't be switched.. basically you have 2 beams, power and hyper, and the power just upgrades. We had 4-6 beams in MP1/2 we switched between, hyper mode is just a filler.

Grapple lasso was awesome, not gonna lie.

Wii controls didn't mean much really. They just simply made the game easier to play, when trilogy/JP versions of the older games came out, you can notice it doesn't change much except nerf a couple bosses with better aiming (curse you boost ball bas-) and generally make the experience more appealing. (FUN FACT: MP3 has a hackable beta in MP2 on the game cube which contains a lot of the norion part of the game, only models and textures were fixed up from the GC to wii transition.. and controls.)

The question is, if prime 4 did release.. what would nintendo be able to do to make it innovative enough to not be considered a rehash, while appealing enough and similar to past titles to appease modern metroid fans? Wii u game pad can provide some interesting tricks..

The only thing I hate, is how since prime 3 onward, they have been lazying out of the environmental aspect of the game, particularly.. scanning and I mean this for prime 3 too, not just OM and FF. Prime 1 and 2 had ton of things to scan and has 3d models/good pictures to show the scans.. as well as long text. Prime 3 kept it really short, and most of the images hardly looks like the scannable object, if there was an image... there was plenty to scan though, just none of it was intriguing enough.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Blast

You know... I've made a hype train for this game. It's still chugging along. I've been having alotta fun this gen thanks to my Wii U and PS4 and 3DS. Some of you guys are making gaming sound horrible when its not. There's some horrible gaming practices but overall gaming is great.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Socar

@Grumblevolcano: The merging now makes it that they can come up with fresh ideas.

Also, The disc content if its free really isn't a problem. I don't see how that can be a problem in the first place when the game is only trying to teach you the basics before unlocking further on. Isn't it the same as in game content where you can't unlock a specific stage unless you do some conditions?

@Bolt_Strike: Except that the higher ups aren't the ones making these new games and they are letting the young generations make them.

The ability to make your own fighting stage for Smash, Being one of the few fighting games on a handheld...definitely something noteworthy.

Its funny how you say that abusing the IP is a cash grab when it has the potential to make a loss. And please don't give an example from SEGA as they are not what they use to be. I rather play Tri Force Heroes than Sonic Boom for as not great game as heroes is, its at best a finished game unlike Boom which is why I'm curious about FF because no matter how mixed it might be, its most likely going to be a finished game something that you rarely see in the game world these days. So I don't think you can compare Boom over FF.

I can dare say that Zero Mission is just a rehash of Fusion. But who would complain about that when they are both GREAT GAMES?

Heck, there are countless debates over which Zelda game is the best when they ALL WERE!

After so long...I'm back. Don't ask why

Nintendo Network ID: ArtwarkSwark | Twitter:

Tubalcain

@Artwark: what is good, what is not, what is the best. All of the things you are saying are just your opinion. You cant have a fruitfull debate if you insist that what you think are facts.

Tubalcain

jump

After Triforce Heroes I'd much rather have this on the Wii U so it'll have better internet connection rather than me playing a dumb solo version of it by myself on the train but then again considering Zelda's lobby is already starting to be empty and this game's backlash I may not be even able to find people to play with online regardless.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

kyuubikid213

Hey, @Bolt_Strike, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, okay?

Come closer... No. Closer. Closer.... Okay, good. You ready?

IT'S A SPIN-OFF!!

Please tell me how many times a spin-off changed the style of the main series completely. I could be completely wrong, but Four Swords didn't change Zelda forever and Mario Party sure as heck didn't change Super Mario forever.

I'm on YouTube.

I pro...

Socar

@Tubalcain: Neither does @Bolt_Strike. I'm curious as to how he'll keep counter attacking his points until it comes to the point that he's given up his argument.

No scratch that. I'd be amazed if @skywake were to show up and counter his argument.

Edited on by Socar

LaserdiscGal

Guys take it to the unpopular opinions thread, this is a discussion for Federation Force.

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Socar

@Santa: But that's just the point. For everything around here that he's complaining about, it ends up with the quality of FF.

Seriously, how could be say that nearly every 3DS game and Wii U game is a rehash after rehash when clearly, many of them aren't? And he's assuming that since the spinoffs that Nintendo has here are of a mix bag, he's overconfident that FF will end up here as well and I assure you that the spinoffs that Nintendo released this year aren't all bad.

KO-Cub

kyuubikid213 wrote:

Hey, @Bolt_Strike, I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, okay?

Come closer... No. Closer. Closer.... Okay, good. You ready?

IT'S A SPIN-OFF!!

Please tell me how many times a spin-off changed the style of the main series completely. I could be completely wrong, but Four Swords didn't change Zelda forever and Mario Party sure as heck didn't change Super Mario forever.

Chill, no need to be a smart arse. But seriously, it's the worst idea, because spin-offs are to only be made when they're wanted. People wanted more of Raiden from MGS4 and to see how awesome he could be, Boom Revengeance was made, because people wanted it. During that 5 years of no Metroid, did you ever hear people wanting a cheap graphic, chibbi, full multiplayer-based, Metroid that didn't have the hint of Samus or high lore and exploration? While this can have the potential to be bought and likes, it's risky. I know this does sound far-fetched, but this does impact the series because, believe it or not people may not buy it, thus ruining everything the devs worked for and they might not have extra for a proper Metroid game. But we have to give a benefit of the doubt and show support or we won't be getting a good Metroid at all.
It's "milking" at it's finest.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Araquanid

Santa wrote:

Guys take it to the unpopular opinions thread, this is a discussion for Federation Force.

Our discussion has pushed the boarders of off topic and slightly becoming broader in terms of universal content, however tbf this is part of the FF discussion in that we're trying to persuade others to give the game a chance and try to make people become a bit more optamistic about accepting new titles, and gaining a clear understand of what FF/any future titles need to do to improve.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Sorry, this topic has been locked.