Xenoblade Chronicles 2 has been available for nearly two weeks, offering an enormous adventure for Switch owners to take on. With its own Expansion Pass and some areas needing improvement it's a title that'll have a number of updates, and Monolith Soft has outlined the first major patch - version 1.1.1.
It's due to go live on 22nd December, and in an official post by Monolith Soft there's confirmation of some bug fixes and other notable changes. Check out the details below.
Greetings to everyone playing Xenoblade Chronicles 2. This is Director Takahashi at Monolith Soft. Today I’d like to talk about the main updates that will be seen in the Ver. 1.1.1 update, which will be distributed next week on Friday December 22nd.
In addition to some bug fixes, we will address the following points:
- An easy mode will be added to Tiger! Tiger!
- When you press the X Button, the Skip Travel screen will open the map to your current location. We hope this will make it easier to spot Skip Travel locations and Salvage Points on the map.
- An additional 1:1 zoom on the mini map will be displayed by pressing the L Stick. This will allow improved visibility of your surroundings and make it easier to check quest locations.
We will further improve the convenience of the mini map as we add more quests and additional elements for second playthroughs next year. We appreciate your continued patience.
Note: The second playthrough elements will be available for all players, not just those who purchased the Expansion Pass.
- In your second playthrough, you will be able to have “those” Blades join your party! You can also dispatch Blades like Pyra and Dromarch as a Merc Group, and unlock the “LV 4 Special” of a certain Blade.
- We will distribute the following useful items to those who purchased the Expansion Pass:
- Driver Essentials Set: 10 x Rare Core Crystal, 1 x Legendary Core Crystal, 3 x Overdrive Protocol
- Upgrade Parts for Poppi: 30,000 ether
- Pyra’s Favourite Things: 5 x Jenerossi Tea
- Nia’s Favourite Things: 5 x Ardainian Bear Carving
So there you have it, a 'second playthrough' option next year that sounds rather like a form of New Game+, and some changes to the map and so on next week.
Are you still working through Xenoblade Chronicles 2?