Video: Impa and a Naginata Mean Bad News For Gohma in Hyrule Warriors

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

More slick action from Koei Tecmo

Now that some Japanese press copies of Hyrule Warriors are in the wild, there's no shortage of footage popping up online for those that want to see the whole game before it arrives. For those seeking an element of surprise when it arrives in stores, however, there's the conventional hype machine of Koei Tecmo and Nintendo to tease us along with slick snippets.

After yet more official video in Japan today — ahead of a Nintendo Direct in the West next week — we have a new official trailer that shows Impa wielding a rather deadly Naginata, sweeping helpless minions aside before taking on Gohma, a villain revealed in the past week. As usual there are a variety of slick combos before more powerful attacks are unleashed.

You can check it out below — 7-8 more weeks to go, Western gamers.

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

Man, those were some pretty slick moves. She might even be able to give the Wonderful 101's Chewgi a run for his money.

2Sang

2Sang said:

I just want to see the character roster. I'm too curious to see who's going to be unlockable.

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

Suddenly, the waiting becomes harder. I'm going to yell "Unify NAGINATA!" as soon as I play as Impa with the Naginata, because, why not?

Clandon

Clandon said:

@Ryu_Niiyama September is gonna be so hype! Smash Bros. 3DS in Japan which means we get to know the full roster, AND Hyrule Warriors for us to play!

Alucard83

Alucard83 said:

My only complain is that there is no blood. Takes away reality. Yes some games should be a bit M rated on Nintendo! Just because is a Zelda game doesn't mean it needs to stay kiddy! nuff said

Iggly

Iggly said:

@Alucard83 Not sure how blood automatically makes a game M Rated, well unless it's gonna be at the levels of Ninja Gaiden or Mortal Kombat. Plus I don't see what makes Hyrule Warriors a kiddy game, you're literally killing hordes of armies and their commanders.

Tiberius29

Tiberius29 said:

Day 1 buy for me.
But, this boss reminds me of a past Sony E3 2006, "Hit its weak point for massive damage!"

Ryu_Niiyama

Ryu_Niiyama said:

@Alucard83

I play Musou games rather sparingly (mostly the orochi and samurai variants) but I don't remember blood in those either. So I'm not sure as to what you are getting at. To be quite honest even if there was blood I don't understand how that makes a game more 'adult' oriented. Gameplay and story are the same.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

I wonder if Sheik will have any alternate weapons.. A Katana would be cool, or the chain whip.

B3ND3R

B3ND3R said:

@Alucard83 I honestly do not see this as kiddy. Don't think little kids are going to be able to manage the battlefield (even on normal)..

Cia

Cia said:

@B3ND3R Then how was i able to play through hard games like Zelda 2 or Ghost's and Goblins when i was a kid? Being a kid doesn't make you a bad player necessarily.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

Nice to see some people here respect The heir to the throne of the roaming Rhullo, leader of the space pirate band known across the universe as the Guyzoch, Prince Vorkken's first mate Chewgi!

ICHIkatakuri

ICHIkatakuri said:

This game has always been a day one buy for me but this video has got me now waiting impatiently for its release. The chaps at w-force have given the animations, backgrounds and character models so much attention since E3 even that it's really starting to look like it will be a bit of a beautiful game and those moves will make you feel like a bad ass.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Looks like this version of Ghoma has claws that can form a protective mask! Cool!

JD1000

JD1000 said:

I am so hyped! This game has looked so exciting from the start, and now I'm bargaining on it filling the void of cool action games the recent past. Correction; Dangerous levels of hype.