Video: Sheik Deals Death In Latest Hyrule Warriors Trailer

Posted by Alex Olney

Wielding the power of the goddesses

For any fan of the Zelda series, Sheik is unforgettable. A mysterious ninja who supplies a semi-deus ex machina role in The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, Sheik provided one of the best twists in the entire game — and one which meant that all of those uncomfortable feelings Link had during the course of his adventure weren't as unfounded as he perhaps thought.

In this latest trailer for the promising hack-and-slash title Hyrule Warriors, we finally get to see some clean, unadulterated gameplay for how this assassin takes care of her enemies.

The more hawk-eyed and fox-eared of you may notice that through the Goddess' Harp Sheik plays a number of distinctly recognisable melodies. The first one happens at around 0:24, namely Nocturne of Shadow – the warp song learnt to take Link to the Shadow Temple. It seems the harp is able to call on many different elemental powers to ensnare its foes at the hands of the secretive Sheikah. Can you name all the others featured in the trailer from memory?

We've been promised even more news, so who knows what new faces and places there may yet be in the game. Head over to Niconico and catch the presentation when it's streamed live tomorrow.

Pass your gaze below to see the trailer in all its glory.

HarryK

HarryK said:

My love for the Ocarina songs will prevent me from playing any other character.

Nicolai

Nicolai said:

Wow... whatever reasons I had before for not buying this game, I at least have to buy it to play as Sheik now.

Tops

Tops said:

Sheik confirmed to be as awesome as we all knew she'd be!

Yorumi

Yorumi said:

They really need to make a zelda game that has two stories, one you play as link one you play as zelda.

Ryno

Ryno said:

Looks like a "boring button masher," I can't believe Nintendo thinks we are stupid enough to buy a lame game like this by just throwing on a Zelda skin to a Warriors game.

Just kidding. I skipped the N64 so never played OoT but this game continues to look better and better.

AJWolfTill

AJWolfTill said:

Oh no Nintendo/Tecmo Koei are using an idea I had to fantastic effect. Excellent stuff!

CaviarMeths

CaviarMeths said:

In order, I saw skills corresponding to Nocturne of Shadow, Song of Storms, Serenade of Water (this one looks like a shield/aura), Bolero of Fire, and Prelude of Light. Awesome thing to base a skill set around!

drewb0203

drewb0203 said:

I will never understand why I'm not hyped for this. I want to be hyped, but this game just isnt doing it for me.

Kenology

Kenology said:

Background music sounds like a rocked out arrangement of Twilight Princess main theme.

brewsky

brewsky said:

@ColdingLight Dynasty Warriors games have always had adjustable difficulty modes (I think 4? Maybe 5 modes?). If you want challenge, you'll get it.

Leu10antFalcon

Leu10antFalcon said:

Queen Zelda-- master of ninjitsu! The Sheik is gonna kick some butt when Hyrule Warriors launch first in Japan. Europe and North America are not too far away from their launch either.

Link506

Link506 said:

I actually don't like sheik as much as the others... She's still good, but Midna will be my main most likely.

ThreadShadow

ThreadShadow said:

I don't know. Using the harp as a weapon either magical or physically doesn't really work. Why not work with the actual weapons Nintendo has previously given Sheik, like the whip, and smoke bombs? The twin daggers are fine, but the harp is too much-as a weapon, imo.