Video: Nyamyam's Jennifer Schneidereit Talks Tengami On Wii U

Posted by Damien McFerran

Folding is fun

We personally can't wait to get our hands on Tengami, and with the launch looming ever closer it's the perfect time to remind ourselves of how amazing this Wii U eShop adventure is looking.

Created by UK studio Nyamyam, Tengami is described as a "relaxing" and "reflective" experience, and the hands-on time we got with the game when we visited Nyamyam's offices last year certainly reinforces that stance.

Family Gamer TV head and Nintendo Life contributor Andy Robertson got chance to enjoy some hands-on time of his own recently, and also had a quick chat with Nyamyam's Jennifer Schneidereit.

You can view the footage below — let us know what you think and if you'll be picking up Tengami when it hits the eShop this year.

[via youtube.com]

Nintenjoe64

Nintenjoe64 said:

Just reading the word 'Nyamyam' makes the Nyan cat song play in my head. This game is definitely on my radar.

MAB

MAB said:

Sounds alright to me... Hopefully those 3 chapters are big with plenty to do in them ;)

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

That looks beautiful and it's something my partner and daughter will enjoy as well.

Baum897

Baum897 said:

Hmm the game looks a lot more interesting as I imagined. (just judging from the video) I'm not sure, if I'll buy it around its release (neither got time nor enough money for another game on my list), but I will definitely try to get it sometime throughout the year, I guess.

Also...Jennifer Schneidereit's from Germany/Austria, huh? I can tell just from hearing how she pronounces some words :D

Maneauleau

Maneauleau said:

Nice game, definitely should reward the creators with a purchase when it's out. When, where and what was that event again?

originaljohn

originaljohn said:

Played the demo @ eurogamer last year. I have to say the game is very interesting. In some ways it reminds me of Flower on the ps3 which was a great hangover game haha

BertoFlyingFox

BertoFlyingFox said:

For some of these games that require you to do something on the gamepad while wanting to look at something on screen, it would be great if they allowed you to hold the gamepad sideways with the screen acting as a magnifying glass.

It just seems kind of bothersome to hold the gamepad normally in one hand, with it sideways there'd be more of a hand-hold and it feels kind of natural, like holding a notepad.

Anyway, I've been waiting for this to hit the eShop, getting it on day1.

boywundr

boywundr said:

I'm a huge fan of pop-up books (making them and reading) so I was already pretty excited for this game... but that was pushed over the edge when I saw they used MODO to create the assets (quick screen shot at 00:30)! It's the 3D program I use for work/freelance so it's great to see it in action for games. Very cool!

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

This is what I actually expected from Nintendo's PictureBook Games on WiiWare and DSiWare, needless to say they were a big let down.

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

I probably wouldn't buy this game at launch, but I really dig the art style of the game. The gameplay also seems rather interesting so as long as it has at least an 8-10 hour campaign and scores rather favorably with reviewers it'll definitely be on my radar for a potential future purchase.

Smug43

Smug43 said:

It will be interesting to see the scoring on this game.. I bet it varies wildly because it appears to be setting a completely different atmosphere and mood...