Nintendo Delivers Another eShop Sizzle Reel to Hype Some Download Treats

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Wii U and 3DS eShop releases featured

During its August Nintendo Direct broadcast Nintendo of Europe released a rather awesome eShop sizzle reel. Such is the nature of development that plenty of those titles are yet to grace the download platforms, but today's Nintendo Direct broadcasts did include a fresh video that highlighted upcoming releases once again.

Some were different and some were making their second appearance; the full list of titles shown is below.

Wii U eShop

3DS eShop

It's quite a packed list, and there are plenty of games that we're eagerly anticipating. Be sure to keep an eye on our Wii U eShop and 3DS eShop features section for recent and upcoming interviews with some of these developers; in the meantime, check out the sizzle reel below and let us know what you think.

gefflt

gefflt said:

With a little luck we'll eventually get our hands on Plants Vs. Zombies: It's about time! :)

SkywardCrowbar

SkywardCrowbar said:

They all look great, but I'm really interested in Pier Solar and Teslagrad. Nothing on Rusty Pup though?

Emblem

Emblem said:

@DefHalan Agreed, the reel is nice and all but i was disappointed no dates have been given to all the eshop stuff we have seen so far.

DualWielding

DualWielding said:

for those that do not have PS3 or Vita, get Knytt Underground once its released on Wii U, its a really great game

Vriess

Vriess said:

Shovel Knight yeah!! I've backed this game through Kickstarter and I want it bad! :P

Kodeen

Kodeen said:

@DefHalan

Couldn't tell you about the other games, but in the latest update for the Pier Solar Kickstarter they state they are still aiming for a December release (as of last month).

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I'm greatly looking forward to a large number of these games, with Shovel Knight at the top of my indie list :D I wish they would've added release dates to the games in the trailer but oh well. I'll just keep waiting.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

@Spuratis

Shovel Knight is clearly king of the sizzle real. ;)
There's some nice looking stuff on here, the wii U has come a long way since launch. It looks far more appealing to me than the N64 or GCN ever did. I may of missed 1 year with the console, but 4 + will be just plenty. I usually get a teeny weeny bit burn out or tired of a new console after it's 3rd year anyways. :P

Mr-DNA

Mr-DNA said:

During that reel, I think I was yelling "Dates, I need DATES, Reggie!" at my computer.

WYLD-WOO

WYLD-WOO said:

I want all the 3DS titles, apart from Picnose3. Have some great memories of putty squad on my Amiga. Let`s hope for the 3DS version of Shovel Khight soon.

ogo79

ogo79 said:

you know, back when everyone was crying for sengoku 3 for vc, and once it finally came, no one ever comes back and says something like "awesome! im finally glad this came out. worth the wait!"
same thing is happening with pier solar, all the crying, now its coming, and no one has anything else to say about it at this point.
people spend more time complaining about a game that doesnt come out, and once it arrives you cant even come back and show yer thanks.
oh wait. earthbound was the only exception

KingMike

KingMike said:

Putty Squad... I CAN HAZ baby-eating slime anywhere. :D
(well, assuming it is still as weird as it was on Super Nintendo)

sadsack777

sadsack777 said:

we all need 2d space shooters were are they Nintendo u know the wii u is a good match for it so get ur donkey out of the board rooms and give what ur fans what its use keeping u there so it time to give back