Not too long ago Nintendo of America's Dan Adelman stated that 20-30 "new Indie games" could come to the Wii U eShop by the end of the year. Based on a sizzle reel released by Nintendo of Europe and broadcast as part of today's Nintendo Direct presentation, that number seems entirely feasible.
Below are all of the games that appear in the video, including quite a few that have been either low profile or unannounced up to this point.
- Cubemen 2 by Nnooo
- Festival of Magic by Snowcastle Games
- Forced by BetaDwarf
- Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams by Black Forest Games
- Ittle Dew by Ludosity
- Knytt Underground by Ripstone
- Pure Chess by Ripstone
- March of War by ISOTX
- Monkey Pirates by Henchmen Studio
- Nihilumbra by BeautiFun Games
- Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut by Toxic Games
- Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails by Dakko Dakko
- So Hungry by Xiotex Studios
- Squids Deluxe by The Game Bakers
- Tengami by Nyamyam
- Teslagrad by Rain AS
- TNT Racers by Keen Games
- Wooden Sen'SeY by Upper Byte
We'll update game pages and content for all of these games in the coming weeks, and will catch up with these developers to chat about bringing their games to Wii U. Although the video is focused on Australian and European developers and releases, we can be confident that most — maybe even all — of these games will come to both PAL regions and North America.
Check it out below and let us know which ones catch your eye.