Nintendo Confirms Lineup and Big Plans for New York Comic Con

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Eiji Aonuma to host a special developer presentation

The New York Comic Con event hits the Javit Centre in the city from 10th-13th October, and Nintendo of America has confirmed that, like at previous events such as PAX Prime, it'll be going all out to impress attendees. A standout event will be a special developer presentation by The Legend of Zelda series produce Eiji Aonuma — that's on 11th October in room 1A06 at 2:45 p.m. ET, with a first-come first-served basis.

Aside from that event, Nintendo will have special events on Kid's Day (Sunday 13th October), with game tournaments, artist demonstrations and giveaways. In the now-standard off-the-wall Ninty event, there'll also be a sandcastle artist sculpting a recreation of Windfall Island from The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD at the Javits Inner Roadway, directly in front of the Javits Convention Center — it'll be on display over the weekend days. The Nintendo World store will also have a presence, and from 12th October will be selling, among other things, Pokémon X & Y and 2DS hardware.

Naturally, many of us go to these events to have hands-on time with games, so below are the details for all of the titles that'll be available to play.

Wii U

Wii U eShop

3DS

3DS eShop

So, are you heading to the New York Comic Con? If so, let us know which games you're most keen to play.

Yosher

Yosher said:

Yoshi's New Island seems to have been completely omitted as a playable demo in the recent conventions, it's not at First Look either which I'll attend this Saturday.

Oh well. Glad to see there still being a good amount of games to try out!

Whopper744

Whopper744 said:

@WingedFish That's about right. I have to say, I do enjoy going to the occasional Reds games up there in Ohio though. Not that it has to do with video games but it's more than what we've got. haha.

Yoshis_VGM

Yoshis_VGM said:

Wait wait wait...please tell me I'm not the only one that sees Mario Party: Island Tour on the 3DS demo list??

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

I hope Nintendo is aware that the convention cannot be delayed. If you're exhibiting, you have to be ready on the scheduled dates.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Burning_Spear

These are demos, so no need to delay them for being incomplete. Someone should inform Nintendo that they can do like Bethesda and launch DKC in December and then patch away until they are happy. Not.

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

@WingedFish If you are not in a major Metro area (New York City, LA, Chicago, Washington, Boston, San Jose, Philadelphia, Dallas, Houston, Atlanta) you don't matter enough to them to put something in your city. Think how few Apple Stores are located in your state and how long it took them to get there, same principles apply to Nintendo putting a presence somewhere.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

Here's hoping someone records footage of Mario Party: Island Tour while there so we can get a clearer idea on what the game looks like, so that way the silence from Nintendo isn't deafening.

wombatkidd

wombatkidd said:

@sinalefa Don't forget introducing brand new bugs in the patch that need fixing and never getting around to fixing some of the original bugs even after 50 gajillion patches. That's the Bathesda way! ;)

readyletsgo

readyletsgo said:

Is it just me or does Mario and sonic at the Olympics look worth a buy? I have never bought a Mario and sonic game as I see them as pure cash grabs but after seeing it on yesterday's direct I'm actually interested in it!

Now I am a single player gamer but you can play online with others right? Should I look into it more or just forget about it? It looks beautiful must say.

Genesaur

Genesaur said:

God... Bayonetta 2, Sonic Lost World, Shantae and the Pirate's Curse, Shovel Knight, A Link Between Worlds... a shame I won't be going.

Marshi

Marshi said:

@Darknyht Thank your lucky stars you get that much choice! In the uk we get a very ocasional event in london(which being in the south of england is no good to me as I live in the north) or germany once a year,neither choice is good for a majority of people in europe!

Darknyht

Darknyht said:

@Marshi For most of us, that might as well be the case. LA and New York get the majority of the events, which puts them on the coast of a country approx. 2800 miles (4506.1632 km) wide. Even if you decide to go, the cost of everything puts it out of the reach of the average american family who doesn't want to run up debt on a credit card (granted there are few of us left).

element187

element187 said:

@readyletsgo I'm going to purchase it over lost world. Being my first Mario and sonic game as well... The online part makes it too tempting. My wife liked the trailer and I can't refuse a game that she will play with me.