Mighty No. 9 Wii U Stretch Goal Has Been Reduced

Posted by Andy Green

It's now set at a cool $2,200,000

The Kickstarter campaign for Mighty No. 9 kicked off over the weekend and it has already smashed through its original $900,000 goal, meaning the game will definitely be coming to PC.

When comcept USA revealed its new project it stated a home console version for Wii U, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 would be made should the funding reach $2,500,000. However, this has since changed, as the developer has reduced that target to $2,200,000, so it's now more likely to blast into the Wii U eShop when it launches around Spring 2015.

At the time of writing Mighty No. 9 has racked up just over $1,500,000 in funding and it isn't showing any signs of slowing down. In terms of stretch goals, three have already been unlocked and as a result there will be two more stages added to the finished product, Mac and Linux versions will emerge and there will also be a New Game Plus and a Turbo Mode.

Should the project obtain $1,750,000 a making-of documentary will also be secured. At the pace the campaign is moving the newly-modified $2,200,000 target should be hit before it wraps up in 27 days time.

Are you pleased Mighty No. 9 is doing so well? Is this something you'd like to see in the Wii U eShop come 2015? Let us know your thoughts in the comment section below.

[via kickstarter.com]

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

Nice.
I'm still on the edge about backing it; I want to support this but I'm not sure if I should spend most of the little money I have on backing it.

XneroX

XneroX said:

Already threw in 5 bucks, gonna throw more when the paycheck comes

Gridatttack

Gridatttack said:

Nice. Hope we get console versions! :)

I still wonder the ??? goals...since they shifted them...

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I don't back kickstarter anything but I'm quite tempted to put in $5 just so I can have a "say" in some of the game & my name in the credits. I'm happy they lowered the price of the stretch goals but I really don't think it was necessary since it's clearly going to easily shatter $2.5 million. Awesome stuff :)

DerpSandwich

DerpSandwich said:

Psh, like he even needed to lower it! Maybe he reacted to a lot of people wondering why it was so high. If so, he's a really awesome dude.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

I'm glad it's looking more and more like a Wii U version will happen. I'm not going to pledge any money, but I will support it by buying it when it comes out!

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

I'll probably put $5-10 towards it. I'm extremely excited for this. There was just so much passion oozing out of the KickStarter trailer. Inafune & Miyamoto for life baby. :*

tanookisuit

tanookisuit said:

I feel the same, I dont' back kickstarters no matter how cool they could be, but I love to watch the cash roll in and fail or full out succeed, and when they do make it I'm aware of a lot more of the project than some crappy press stuff so I'm more likely to buy it. I think shovel knight went that way and I wouldn't have cared but now I'd probably buy it because of all I saw.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@DerpSandwich

According to an update they made, a TON of people wanted this on consoles, so they appreciated that and thus shifted some stretch goals for this to become a priority.

PerezBro99

PerezBro99 said:

That sad moment when you realize this game isn't coming until "spring 2015". But that won't take my excitement for this game away😎

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

At this rate, I'll be shocked if we didn't get Mighty No. 9 on the Wii U. The reduced stretch goal along with the dedicated Mega Man fan base should all but guarantee this to happen. I hope Inafune has some cool rewards afterwards as well.

As of right now, it is over 1.55 million.

MikeDanger

MikeDanger said:

I only want to know who the hell contributed $10,000 just to have dinner with the man.

I mean, it sounds ok if the plane ticket and hotel were included, but it's just for one dinner. All the other prizes sound better for less.

tsm7

tsm7 said:

That's good. 2.5 million for a 900,000 base goal did seem like a bit of a...stretch!
Terrible, I know. Couldn't help it.

JaxonH

JaxonH said:

I'm a long time Mega Man fan, born in 1984 and grew up playing the games as a child. This is a dream come true, and the first time I've EVER backed Kickstarter. How could I not? A new HD "Mega Man" game on Wii U? Yeah buddy! That's what I've been dying to see for years!

I love how Inafune keeps us backers updated constantly with emails. Just got one today revealing a new boss, Mighty No 5. Showed the whole process from brainstorm sketches, to refinement analysis from Inafune, back to further expounded sketches, to further refinement analysis from Inafune, to approval of final design. And I gotta say, the boss looks sick! Mighty No 5 is all money Inafune! Money!

Kaine_Morrison

Kaine_Morrison said:

I'm only going to back it, when it gets near the $2, 2000,000.oo mark.
I'll donate between 20 and 60. I Want to play this on my WiiU and ONLY on the WiiU.

HappyHappyist

HappyHappyist said:

This is one of the first times i've ever been truly PSYCHED for a game. Capcom has teased us for a long time, this game is coming directly from the REAL creator of Megaman!
now, i've never played a megaman game, although i'm definitely doing the best i can to remedy that. i really funded this for the TRUE megaman fans. and since this is a game made by the true creator of megaman (not made by capcom, this is made by Inafune), i want this to be the first game i play i the megaman series.

unrandomsam

unrandomsam said:

Interesting thing when it comes to costs is Dragon's Crown cost about 1,000,000 USD.
The big publishers more than likely spend more money on deciding not to do something than it would cost to just pay someone to do it.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

Yep, not too mention that if it releases on current gen consoles than the Wii U will be the superior version.

MakeMyBiscuit

MakeMyBiscuit said:

I hope it goes through. I already backed it with $20.00 so I can get the digital version. I just wished the game console version was avaliable at a lower tier as in the Shante Kickstarter which I also backed at $15.00.

Bring it on!

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

Who the mess is spending all their money to back this? They have more than a mil just from asking people xD

JJtheTexan

JJtheTexan said:

It would be nice if they'd make Wii U and other consoles a higher priority than a documentary.
I'm excited about the game but I won't support the Kickstarter fund until the next stretch goal to be achieved is Wii U.

MIDP

MIDP said:

This is different from Mega Man how...?
Not complainin, just sayin'
Same with the "Metroid-like" kickstarter, "Ghost Song", as well

ikki5

ikki5 said:

anyone else find it weird how making a game dev documentary is more important than releasing it on consoles to them?

AdanVC

AdanVC said:

I'm so ready to get this on Wii U... but before, the actual game needs to be created, haha.