Video: Dakko Dakko Shows Off Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Looking to scratch an itch

There are a number of intriguing titles expected to land on the Wii U eShop later in 2013 and into next year, one of which is Scram Kitty and His Buddy on Rails, a game from the UK-based Dakko Dakko studio .

This is a Wii U eShop exclusive and Nintendo UK has released a video interview from E3, with Dakko Dakko's Rhodri Broadbent explaining more about the game ahead of its planned Winter 2013 release. He explains the origin of the name and, most intriguingly, a great deal about how the game works and its focus on GamePad play.

Check out the video below, while you should also take a look at our own interview with Dakko Dakko, where Broadbent outlined his reasons for working on Wii U and the sources of inspiration behind this new release.

banacheck

banacheck said:

Looks good i hope it supports the Pro Pad because playing with the GamePad is pointless, same with Pikmin off NintendoLand as your not using both screens, it's a needless screen so to say.

banacheck

banacheck said:

This would make a good Talking Point for NL with a Poll.

I hope someday Nintendo has it's own optional subscription, look at these upcoming releases in the form of DuckTales: Remastered, Cloudberry Kingdom, ibb & obb and Stealth Inc: A Clone in the Dark. On Playstation Plus you'll get a 20% discount, meaning i'm more likely i'll buy these from the PSN Store, because its cheaper at the of the day. So Nintendo does need to think about stuff like this as a lot of people own multi consoles, but its still early days for Nintendo & Wii U.

But i do like this game, the video does look good.

PS but i do support my Wii U.

sletari

sletari said:

At first I didn't care about this game, but this video got me interested! It'd be nice to see the multiplayer mode as well

ricklongo

ricklongo said:

There are quite a few promising e-Shop titles launching this year, and this is one of them. Still not as high up in my radar as Giana Sisters and Oliver & Spike (and A Hat in Time, but that's still not confirmed), but still looks pretty good.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@banacheck

Nintendo already has the Deluxe Digital Promotion for Wii U, so I love to get that extra credit that I can use as I please. Not to mention each download also gives us coins for Club Nintendo.

Regarding this game, it really looks unique and fun. Certainly getting it.

Jukilum

Jukilum said:

@banacheck Two screens is only pointless in single player on Pikmin Adventure. If you're doing multiplayer, which is clearly what it's meant for, two screens are vital.

banacheck

banacheck said:

sinalefa

The coins for Club Nintendo you save up to pick what? for me pointless, Deluxe Digital Promotion, you earn points equivalent to about 10%, so how many points is 10%. I never use my club Nintendo i leave them code things in my game, glad you like it tho, but for me PS+ pays for it self in its frist week. Because at the moment its one subscription for two platforms PS3, PSVita & soon one subscription to use on all 3 platforms PS4,PS3,PSVita.

JustinH

JustinH said:

I'll probably get this... I suppose it depends on the release date and maybe reviews, but I'm definitely keeping my eye on this.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@banacheck

I guess the American Club is better since you can redeem coins for games or merchandising, and get the Platinum reward every year. And you get a $5 credit for every $50 bought on eShop.

A friend who has PS+ told me about the free games he can get, but he never mentioned those discounts. Maybe because he is a cheapskate who only picks the free games and never buys any, lol.

aaronsullivan

aaronsullivan said:

VERY impressed with this. I want to play that right now, actually. Unless there are some awful reviews this is a day one purchase for me. :)

banacheck

banacheck said:

sinalefa

He must be a bit slow or something because discounts you can make massive saving on, especially if your buying your rental games new & buying off the PSN.