Injustice: Gods Among Us For Wii U May Not Support Cross-Unlock Content With iOS Version

Posted by Orla Madden

Perhaps in a future update?

Just days before its release in the UK, we were given unfortunate news that Injustice: Gods Among Us will miss its scheduled release date of 19th April this week in that region. For any Brits reading it's worth noting that it'll only be delayed by one week, launching on 26th April.

Now, it seems, the spotlight has been turned to its DLC situation: the Wii U edition apparently doesn't support the cross-unlock content functionality with the iOS version. Users of the mobile version can unlock items for use in the console title, and vice versa, but according to a tweet from IGN, the Wii U's menu doesn't seem to include this DLC option. In fact in a prior tweet, the same editor says he can't find evidence for DLC of any kind.

What are your thoughts on this? Will this have any effect on your choice to pick up the game when it's released next week? Let us know in the comment section.

[via twitter.com, siliconera.com]

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

No one better be shocked when this sells badly on Wii U. And it's the developers fault for half-a**ing another third party title on a Nintendo system. Why do they keep doing this, and then cry when th game doesn't sell?

Give us the same game as what's on LAST GEN systems for crying out loud!

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

We'll make a Wii U version of a multiplatform game... And remove ALL the bonus features! We'll make millions, its genius! MWAHAHAHAHA!!!

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

Game feels complete even without that stuff. There's tons of unlockables already in the game.

Nntndo_1986

Nntndo_1986 said:

While I didn't expect to get future DLC and yes it's "big con" for something you already pay $60 for :(, I did have some hope that I could sign in to WB ID and get skins and maps that I have unlocked in iOS game... I mean I can sign in to uPlay for ACIII and ZOmbiU...
Seems like Nintendo said "Screw Origin EA, but yeah lets get together Ubi..."

By the way I am very much enjoying the game, must admit not too big of a fighter fan, last time I really played was in college back with MK3, but I really can't remember most of those games any way lol...

Boxmonkey

Boxmonkey said:

I'm starting to think the only games I'm going to bother buying on the wii u will be first party titles. I'm not paying the same amount for a game that's on another system with more content.

luminalace

luminalace said:

While the relatively positive reviews means I will probably get this title, I can't say I am not disappointed about the lacking features. I really hope an update fixes these things but I don't hold my breath!

Wildfire

Wildfire said:

Besides this, there's another thing that's worriyng me. According to Jeff Gertsman from GiantBomb (if I'm not mistaken) we can't fight online with friends on Wii U, only random fights.
I think I'll still get the game but I don't understand the absence of certain features.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

The Dlc option might be missing from the game menu as unlike 360, Ps3, there is no direct link from games to estore, as proven by the way Zen Pinball tells to you to open eShop to purchase more tables when you select to buy a table. When asked why this was the case Zen said its a restriction of eShop.
No point in having an option to buy dlc in game if its not going to work it only causes confusion as Zen Pinball did.

You'd probably find the no ios cross-contentent would be down to eStore resrictions.

I'm pretty sure the devs said DLC will be available on all platforms, and if this is so you'll probably get notified in game when new dlc appears.

arcnas

arcnas said:

the week delay made me buy the PS3 version as i want to play it now, so im sure this delay and other bad news wont help sales, they lost mine to sony

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

Nintendo owners shafted again with another sloppy lazy port. I'm curious as to what the frame rate is like

kotetamer

kotetamer said:

The back of the box does say dlc but I don't know. There's no reason not to have DLC honestly. I prefer the wii u version as the ps3 controller isn't comfortable with it's layout, the 360 is better but having to pay just to pay to get dlc seems like a shaft.

PinkSpider

PinkSpider said:

The Wii U is gonna go the same way as Wii with Nintendo being the only company that truly support it with quality polished titles. Sad but true I think

arcnas

arcnas said:

I really want the Wii U to succeed bu im concerned, EA announce Fifa for PSĀ£ and 360 but no mention on Wii U its got to have the biggest titles to succeed.

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

Lets not forget this comes from ign... who for many years have had very close links to Microsoft/Xbox.

As said before just because there is no in game option to buy dlc doesn't mean there wont be, the eStore is quite a closed system, compared to Xbox marketplace and Ps Store, (and probably more secure because of it tbh) and restricts how games interact with the eStore. Zen and other devs have confirmed this already, via miiverse and forums.

The devs said al platforms will get dlc, I've yet to see packaging but apparanty it does state dlc compatabiity. So in every likelyhood there will be dlc, but may not support ios unlocks.

This is IGN fueling the Anti-WiiU fire.. simple as that.

MadAdam81

MadAdam81 said:

@GiftedGimp You certainly make a good point about the eShop, don't forget there are also codes you can enter in the eShop menu and they can always send stuff through street pass (Warriors Orichi 3 did this with 3 free X-Mas themed outfits).

GiftedGimp

GiftedGimp said:

@MadAdam81 It's pretty obvious to me the reviewer at IGN didn't see a dlc option in game, Had a look in eStore for day1 dlc and saw non and assumed that it means DLC isn't supported and sent out a tweet.

To be fair NL included the words 'May Not' and 'iOs Cross-Platform' in this stories headline. It seems a Number of readers have changed those words to 'Wiil Not support DLC' in thier minds.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Not a great big DLC fan tbh,so I'm not bothered,long as I can get a copy next week,I don't care.

Captain_Gonru

Captain_Gonru said:

Meh. I had already decided to hold off for the inevitable "Game Of The Year" edition. No sense paying for the DLC at all, IMHO.

Captain_Toad

Captain_Toad said:

It's probably a guess since I've yet to own a WiiU but i've seen a video of a WiiU game DLC in the WiiU eshop instead of the game itself. Maybe that's probably what's gonna be happening?

SetupDisk

SetupDisk said:

I'll have to look it up but some site already reported that the Wii U version will be getting DLC.(I was trying to find all I could before I downloaded it yesterday) As for the smartphone stuff I don't really care.

HawkeyeWii

HawkeyeWii said:

I got the game yesterday and the Wii U box says it will support DLC in the future.
Not to mention even if it doesn't end up getting it, this game is absolutely amazing!
It is a must have for and Wii U owner. One of the best games to grace the system thus far.

Drewciffer

Drewciffer said:

The back of the box says it WILL support DLC content, it's just not yet available. SO CALM DOWN, YA'LL

TheXboxHero

TheXboxHero said:

It showed DLC in the box cover on the back, so its obviously coming so they are probably just setting it up :)

Pachterkid

Pachterkid said:

Just be impressed that it's actually coming out alongside the other versions of the game and not several months after the fact.