Circle Pad Pro XL Available Through Nintendo's Online Store In North America

Posted by Orla Madden

Priced at $19.99, shipping this Friday

Although it was previously thought that the Circle Pad Pro XL would not be making it Stateside, a listing for the peripheral has appeared on ShopNintendo, Nintendo of America's official online store. The add-on is available for pre-order at $19.99 and is scheduled to ship this Friday, 19th April.

An enlarged version of the original Circle Pad Pro and aimed solely at 3DS XL owners, this controller expansion allows gamers to use a second analog stick. It's compatible with titles such as Kid Icarus: Uprising and the recently released Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate.

Will you purchase the Circle Pad Pro XL? If you're having doubts, why not read our recent review on the bulky piece of hardware.

[via nintendoeverything.com, store.nintendo.com]

Koapa

Koapa said:

I have it at home 4 days (Europe)
But I dont like the XL. It´s for my friend.

47drift

47drift said:

I've had one since February. Imported it just for MH3U. No regrets. It's absolutely great, and feels very comfortable to hold. Makes playing Monster Hunter between the Wii U and 3DS feel like the same experience.

lebad

lebad said:

For Kid Icarus: Uprising it's only for left hand persons, but could be used with Metal Gear and Resident evil revelation

Byuu

Byuu said:

Why is that? You can purchase it anywhere here in Europe.

Will-75

Will-75 said:

I got mine a couple of weeks back for Monster Hunter U. , I have a regular 3DS and have a circle pad for it also I love it I'd recommend one they can also be used with the new version of Nano Assault thats on the e-shop .

goblinpunk

goblinpunk said:

Anyone buy anything through Nintendo's online store? Do they charge extra for shipping?

Edit: Shipping is $5 extra

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Lol! NOA fail!!! I'm getting one probably today from a friend here whom had a brother in Europe a couple of weeks ago. Little late there NOA.

I've got 5 games that are compatible with the dumb thing!

Tasuki

Tasuki said:

Wow Nintendo just keeps surprising us this week.

Who was it that said oh their Gamestop guy told them that it wasnt coming to NA cause how poor the original CPP sold? That proof again that Gamestop doesn't know what they are talking about.

XyVoX

XyVoX said:

Ive heard all the nonsense about why Nintendo didn't put one in the 3DS XL but truth is its just a plain and simple revenue stream thats all, in this day and age where many things are getting slimmer slicker etc this cumbersome device is ridiculous, needed granted for some games but ridiculous all the same.

CrabGats

CrabGats said:

I'm getting it just for the sake of convenience, when I buy a game that needs it. Not now, though. Soon.

SCAR392

SCAR392 said:

I'm getting this. I would have gotten the 3DS Monster Hunter 3 if this came out with it, but I ended up just getting the Wii U. I still would have been able to go online, so the portability was the advantage of the 3DS without having to buy both games.

KnightRider666

KnightRider666 said:

I'm not a fan as I've said before, but I'm happy that this came to the US for anybody who actually wants this thing:)

Arcamenel

Arcamenel said:

Not sure if i should get this or not even though I'm loving me some MH3U. Already over 100 hours clocked in.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

MH3U plays fine without this... so I'll pass till I find it for like 5$ on amazon... even then I might pass.

Musharna

Musharna said:

Usless accessory can play games fine without it. I do have about 15 of them though. lol

KiroX777

KiroX777 said:

useless circle pads and what not -.- we need new leaders running nintnendo. some that are actually in touch with what gamers want. How much longer we let them Eff up this gaming generation before its too late... thats all im saying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4nYjBvzM_I watch this video with an opened mind...

Cotton

Cotton said:

Even though I have spent a lot of time with MH3U without it I do think it would make the game a lot easier so I may get it

Jellitoe

Jellitoe said:

Almost bought this today, but its almost 30 bucks after taxes and shipping fee's, could not justify the cost.