Runner 2 Patch Now Available To Download

Posted by Andy Green

A few niggling issues fixed

BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner 2 Future Legend of Rhythm Alien was released for the Wii U eShop around a month ago but unfortunately some gamers experienced a few problems with it - one of which involved the game freezing upon trying to exit the software.

The developer Gaijin Games impressively got a patch made up and sent it to Nintendo quick smart. The update has now been approved and is available to download from the eShop.

We enjoyed this one regardless of the issues, as we explained in our Runner 2 review. This patch should make the whole experience much more smooth.

Did you run into any problems with Runner 2? Let us know in the comments below.

[via twitter.com]

MKUltra

MKUltra said:

Now just to wait for the game in Europe, hopefully we get the patched version, or at least the patch on the same day.

@Optimist_Prime Quite fast for an indie company, I imagine Nintendo took a while to process it to based on the time it takes for them to check over things.

AlmightyDerek

AlmightyDerek said:

@tripunktoj

A few other things. I know it fixes the bug that each level saves your last score instead of the highest score (which was the worst part for me) and the screen where it asks you if you want to play online is supposed to look better and not seem like the system is stuck. I know a few other things were changed but that's what I remember anyway.

skjia

skjia said:

The freezing glitch was fixed by Nintendo a while ago wasn't it?

GazPlant

GazPlant said:

Well I suppose there's some bright side to it still not being out here :/

iphys

iphys said:

Yay, I've been waiting for this. Unfortunately, I have other games to play at the moment, so Runner2 will have to wait.

Tony_342

Tony_342 said:

There's no way it took Nintendo an entire month to approve a patch. Gaijin Games posted on Twitter that "The bug has been fixed, and we're pushing it through the pipeline now!" on March 20th. I don't know why they claimed "It's already in Nintendo's hands" on February 27th. Maybe it was just a figure of speech. Still, they are a very small studio and I'm sure they worked their butts off to get this done.

skjia

skjia said:

@Metal_Slugger
Well all I know is it would freeze whenever I exited the game, then Nintendo released a small patch for the wii u, and it never happened again.

rambosdad

rambosdad said:

Please release this in Europe, my smallest one has been waiting for nearly a year. I'm stuck in a eternal Christmas eve. I have to pretend to be runner on the phone sometimes to appease him that I will be coming one day soon (runner has a comedy Scottish accent.)

CoffeeWithGames

CoffeeWithGames said:

For those of you that have the game, and experienced the freezing issue. Has the patch solved it completely? I held off buying it after seeing early comments about the freezing issue.

Prof_Elvin_Gadd

Prof_Elvin_Gadd said:

@Zodiak13 You should have saved yourself the $14.99 and tried the demo version first. Oh well. Live and learn.

I found the demo fun, but I'm hoping this goes on sale in the future before I pick it up.

Zodiak13

Zodiak13 said:

@Prof_Elvin_Gadd I suppose, but my heart is never in a demo, so I can't trust what it tells me. Plus, every review I read made it sound awesome. Also, in the end I supported an indie developer on the WiiU, so I can accept a $15 donation I guess.

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Yep, it works. I was loving Runner2 but every time I tried going back to the home screen I had to unplug the system. Really didn't like doing that so I stopped playing. Tried yesterday after the patch installed and no problems. Finally into the 4th world. Ooh, it's gettin' tricky....

Dpullam

Dpullam said:

This is good news. When I finally get around to buying this game it will be the most bug free it could possibly be.

Giygas_95

Giygas_95 said:

Thank goodness, but a month to approve a patch? Couldn't they have sped that up a little?