Super Mario Busters Ain't Afraid of no Ghost

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Use the ekto-thingy-majig

YouTube is a home for many lovingly-crafted fan creations, whether real-life dramatisations, animations or someone sounding off in front of a camera about the latest big thing. Some of its gaming content is rather neat, with production values often going beyond humble origins; one example of this is the animated cartoon Super Mario Busters.

As the title suggests, this is a mash-up of Ghostbusters and Super Mario Bros., with plenty of cameos and fan-service to look out for. It's slickly animated, wacky and has all of the authentic sound-effects and in-jokes that anyone could reasonably want; its creator James Farr has told us that a sequel is already in the making.

Check it out below and let us know what you think.

From the web

Morpheel said:

Egon-Luigi is just the best thing ever created in the history of fan made cartoons.

Thank you.

MrWalkieTalkie said:

One of my least favorite forms of animation, used in one of the best ways imaginable! Impressive!

Void said:

@Chrono_Cross Weird, I didn't notice that, since I don't use the news tab.
Thomas, or somebody else who puts tags on posts (If thats even a job, here at Nintendolife, I couldn't imagine it being one.), made a mistake, I imagine.

ThomasBW84 said:

@Void We have some tags (Feature, Talking Point, Review, Rumour etc), but I can ask about one for Video, we'll see.

Apart from that, we try to promote Nintendo culture, too

AltDotNerd said:

Rozuulina: "Are. You. An. Arceus?"
Mario: "Mmm-mmm shakes head"
Rozuulina: "Then. DIE!"

DerpSandwich said:

I kind of expected there to be some Luigi's Mansion-esque vacuum sucking...

Really awesome, though!

Ecto-1 said:

Mind blown... That was awesome! Thanks, Nintendolife, you just made my day, even if you did misspell my name (its eCto, not eKto).

timp29 said:

Really clever. Props to everyone involved in the production of that.

Very cool vid. of the Ghostbusters with the Mario Bros. replacing 2 of the 4 Ghostbusters. I almost fell over laughing my head off when I saw that Daisy was supposed to be Janine with the, "WE GOT ONE!!" line.

dc_10 said:

Cannot believe what I just saw!!! Pure genius!!!! EPIC LEVEL OVER 9000!!!

Capt_N said:

Not a fan of GB, but this was awesome for all the Nintendo references, as well as what GB refs I think I got.