LEGO City: Undercover Trailer Brings More Crazy

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Building some hype

LEGO City: Undercover arrives in North America and Europe in March, so naturally more footage of GTA LEGO — as we've taken to calling it — has started to emerge. Previous videos have shown some zany and movie-based jokes, though the latest trailer focuses on more of the storyline and game footage.

You can check it out, in all of its peculiar and funny glory, below. It has helicopters, clowns, quirky dialogue and introduces the villain; who's excited about this one?

[via destructoid.com]

cornishlee

cornishlee said:

Really on the fence about this one. All the trailers look great but the GTA comparisons put me off.

Rapadash6

Rapadash6 said:

I've only ever thought of the Lego games as merely competent in terms of gameplay. I really want to like this game, but I just have a feeling it'll only be average. If there's a demo, I will try it for sure though.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

Sir, here is a cheque with my name on it. Write down any number on this piece of paper and I will pay it!

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd said:

well hopefully i can get this with monster hunter ultimate or i will have to hold it off for a tiny bit :P

jayblue

jayblue said:

gta dont think so its only called that cause its open world,hope its a good game though as looking forward to playing demo if there is one.

cyrus_zuo

cyrus_zuo said:

My son: Why is it single player? LEGO is all about playing together.

I am totally interested in this, but have no plans to get it simply b/c it isn't Co-Op. I'll continue enjoying LEGO LoTR :).

WindWakerLink

WindWakerLink said:

Could someone clarify something for me? Some time last year, one of the reps for Nintendo said @ an event: "If you preordered Lego City, you will get a big Lego Helicopter thing." But I don't see that anywhere. Instead, I see you'll get a McCain figure.... Seems like like a huge downgrade doesn't it? Regardless, I still plan to get this. ...just...does anyone know what I'm talking about in regards to the "Lego Helicopter bonus" thing??

rjejr

rjejr said:

It looks like Lego Batman only without Batman. I think a big selling point of the Lego games is the humour they inject into the licenses. It also looks like MySims Agents on the Wii, and that blew.

That scene with the skylift made me think they REALLY need to make a Lego 007. Just imagine fighting a Lego Jaws and Lego Oddjob and doing whatever with a Lego Octopussy. How many limbs would a Lego Octopussy have ;-)

insert James Bond theme here. Or Goldfinger theme.

Konata

Konata said:

I'm not really into Lego games, but this one looks really good. Totally gonna get this.

Holly

Holly said:

I hate to say the same thing everyone else is saying, but...I typically dislike LEGO games, but this actually looks good!

C7_

C7_ said:

Why is this game the best advertised on the WiiU? I've never even considered buying a lego game but now I'm actually looking forward to this.

In fact this game is better advertised than the WiiU itself. Geez Nintendo, this is looking like more a system seller than Pikmin 3 was supposed to be at E3, what with what little information we're getting on that.

erv

erv said:

Oh, the timing!

Seriously, a handful of days after tri ultimate? I'm buying tri ultimate and will buy this by the looks of it, but that won't be day one. So here come the "sales are disappointing" people, asking "why? people don't like it" etc. etc. - come on, there's going to be people waiting with some of their purchases like me I guess.

Looks like an awesome game I'll play somewhere down the line though :D

ThomasBW84Admin

ThomasBW84 said:

I must say I'm getting tempted by this one, just because I love silly humour.

I can stop with the LEGO GTA references if necessary, just a little joke really. It looks like the structure is similar, as has already been said, with story missions combining with an open/sandbox world. This does look impressive and, who knows, could really shift some systems by virtue of being an exclusive.

Phle

Phle said:

I'm going to love this! Jumping up and down and laughing when I watched the trailer is a good sign.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

When I first heard of this, I thought, & said to myself I'll keep my eye on it. Later I kinda got in a mode of, "Eh, looks kinda cool, but not something I really, really want." Then, I get back into a "If I get a WU, I'll probably get this." The trailer looks good, but right now, I don't own a WU. On a side note - I'm glad Lego is/has been over the past year, or so going back to making their own (actual) theme Legos building blocks, an example being the Monster Fighter, or what/e it's called, along w/ the Lego City theme. Maybe it's just me, but it seemed that for years they were only doing licenses, not their own themes. I'm glad they're doing that again, just like when I was a kid back in the 90's.

Edit: Final verdict: If I get a WU, I'm getting this. :)