Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate Demo On The Way

Posted by Andy Green

Whipping up a storm in the eShop

Yesterday Konami producer Dave Cox took to Twitter to answer a few eager Castlevania fans' questions regarding the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series. Unfortunately he reiterated his stance that Lords of Shadow 2, a game already confirmed for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, would not be coming to Wii U.

He has since been talking about Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate, the 3DS iteration of the series which is due out this March. During this stint on Twitter he confirmed a demo will be made available to download from the 3DS eShop "just before release". Cox also promised that more news would be coming soon as well as a new trailer.

This should come as welcome news to those hoping to try out the game before they part with their cash. Are you looking forward to playing Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate?

[via twitter.com, gonintendo.com]

Knux

Knux said:

Good, now I can see if this game is going to be good or awful.

crash3386

crash3386 said:

played it at this years eurogamer dont understand why it has taken so long to come out but hopefully should be good

Windy

Windy said:

Wow Awesome! This Demo will make or break a buy for me. Thank god for the Power of Illusion demo and I didnt waste 39.99 on that

luminalace

luminalace said:

Awesome that a demo is coming but if it lets me down I won't buy the game which until now was a sure buy.

paburrows

paburrows said:

Windy: I downloaded the Power of Illusion demo and hated it, but then was given the actual game for Christmas and its my current favorite.

DarkCoolEdge

DarkCoolEdge said:

Great news. I'll download it as soon as possible.

@Reef7009 So true. Almost every interesting upcoming multiplatform game is skipping WiiU. I hope this is not going to be another Wii situation, it would inexcusable this time around.

Windy

Windy said:

@paburrows Thats Great News. I hope you enjoy it. How would you compare it to Gunman Clive? I love Gunman Clive and at 1.99 its a no lose, practically retail quality game. I just felt that Power of Illusion felt like a saturday morning cartoon

ogo79

ogo79 said:

@Reef7009
nope nothing is coming out for the wiiu, youve just wasted your money on a system that will never get any games!

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

The power of Illusion demo was a Beautiful & whimsical akward snooz fest. Anyways, i'm really looking forward to seeing how lousy this WesternVania demo is. :D

Windy

Windy said:

@WaveBoy Just the way I felt about Power of Illusion. its the game that could have been. personally if they take Castle of Illusion and make it a 3d Classic on 3DS they can make up for the mistake of Power of Illusion:)

Jaz007

Jaz007 said:

@Hokori You must have missed the article that reported it will have a topless vampire and eyeball gouging, really really ticked me off that they put that stuff in the game to make it M. They lost a potential sale with me for that.

GameGoddess32

GameGoddess32 said:

I'm glad they're going to release a demo..it looks awesome,but I'd like to try it before I buy it to see if it was worth waiting for.If the demo is as great as the gameplay I've seen,then I'm TOTALLY gonna buy it :D