New Japanese Trailer for Dragon Quest VII 3DS Remake

Posted by Katy Ellis

Slime-o-riffic

Square Enix of Japan has unveiled a new trailer for the upcoming 3DS remake of the PlayStation classic Dragon Quest VII. While the 3DS remake will remain largely true to its predecessor, we reported earlier this month that there will be visible encounters rather than random battles, which can be seen in the trailer. According to CVG the remake will be renamed Dragon Quest VII: Warriors of Eden.

The game will be released on 7th February 2013 in Japan. While there has not yet been an official announcement, it seems very likely that DQVII will be localised for Western audiences, in-keeping with the previous releases of Dragon Quest remakes on DS.

[via computerandvideogames.com]

ueI

ueI said:

The uploader has not made the video available in my country.

Boo_Buster

Boo_Buster said:

I live in the US. Everything should be available to me, including this video! ;) Seriously though, it wouldn't let me watch it and I totally want to. I love DQ! (Both Dragon Quest and Dairy Queen)

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

Give me European dates for this one and for DQM: Terry's Wonderland 3D and I will glady become a 3DS owner. It's all I'm waiting for, really.

nindocrash

nindocrash said:

hmm. never played a title in dragonquest series. i figure im far to behind in the story. and i don't see how. where to start here.

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

@nindocrash DQ VII isn't related in any way to previous installments. Basically, you have two trilogies so far (DQ I, II & III and DQ IV, V & VI) and four basically stand-alone titles (DQ VII, VIII, IX and X).

nindocrash

nindocrash said:

thanks you @fchinaski:) i thought it was gonna be final fantasy all over again lol.

for srue gonna play this ever/or when. it gets here

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

The uploader has not made the video available in my country. Well that sucks, guess I'll just ignore the game for now then.

Windy

Windy said:

@ antipop621 Oh man you made me laugh LOL I just wish we could get a sniff of Dragon Quest X online for Wii In North america and Europe but they have been terribly quiet on a Port of the game :(

marc_max

marc_max said:

This could be my first Dragon Quest game! I love how the Toriyama's style is finally shown as it should be!

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Why must you torture us Squeenix?
Don't punish us just because most people here are ignorant to the brilliance of Dragon Quest. D:

Pikachupwnage

Pikachupwnage said:

DO WANT!

And hopefully they confirm DQMTW3D for western release. It usually takes what about a year for them to announce localization of a DQ game? There is still hope for that. We know DQ7 is a shoe in though.

pikku

pikku said:

I kinda wish they stuck with the 2D/3D hybrid they had going with the DS trilogy, just smoothed up the edges a little bit. Oh welI, I'll still get it if it ever comes to NA.

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

@Windy: Not a chance they'll waste their time/money with a Wii version out West. You should be hoping for a localization of the Wii U version.

@pikmaniac: Chances are they only used that style on DS because the DS games were ports of PS1 remakes in Japan in the first place, and it's about the best the DS could handle anyway. IMO, that style would look pretty terrible on 3DS, and it makes far more sense to remake everything properly.

I really don't get why people are just ASSUMING DQVII will make it out West. We very nearly didn't get VI due to the terrible sales of V (had I but known at the time). If it wasn't for Nintendo picking up the publication of IX and seeing it sell well, we wouldn't have VI at all, or Monsters Joker 2. But I want the 3DS Rocket Slime game...not looking very likely at this point. :(

Xilef

Xilef said:

I have yet to play a DQ game, this could be a nice start if it makes it over here.

RR529

RR529 said:

I've never played a DQ game before. If this makes it out west, I'll try picking it up.

XD375

XD375 said:

I loved this one on the PS1, I need to catch up on the DS remakes too...

Hokori

Hokori said:

@Xilef That's a tricky one, a lot of people think VII is the worst (IDK haven't played VII) but Ive only played IV, VI, IX and my favorite of those is IX and least favorite is IV

retro_player_22

retro_player_22 said:

@Hokori More is okay but for now I think a few would be alright, we already got a PS2 port of Tales of the Abyss and now we're getting a PS1 remake of DQ7, the only thing I want is if we could get what the Japanese ppl are getting like Bravely Default and Terry's Wonderland.

Samholy

Samholy said:

holy shiiiiit its a huge remake !
they totally revamped the graphics, i wasnt expecting that

sweetiepiejonus

sweetiepiejonus said:

This and Dragon Warrior III are the only titles (in the main series) I've yet to play. Really hope this will get localized and soon.

malle66

malle66 said:

I'll be getting this when it comes to the US. Got all the other DS versions.