Scribblenauts Unlimited Delayed In Europe Until 2013

Posted by Orla Madden

And we don't know why just yet

5th Cell, developer of Scribblenauts Unlimited, has confirmed that the Wii U title — and the 3DS title too, for that matter — won't hit European shores until 2013. Responding to a post on NeoGAF, 5th Cell CEO Jeremiah Slaczka denied that it's an issue of localisation.

"Nope. It's due to stuff I can't talk about until 2013. Scribblenauts and Super Scribblenauts were released NA and EU the same day. Trust me. I want your money. It's due to things outside of development."

Slackza remained silent on just what those "things outside of development" are; we hope they aren't too severe. Since Scribblenauts Unlimited launched alongside the new console across the Atlantic earlier this week, we had our fingers crossed that we would soon be embarking on a new adventure with Maxwell — alas, our hopes have been dashed.

If this was a game you were looking forward to getting your hands on this year, it's time to scribble it out of your diary. What do you make of this news? Don't fret, though, as there are still plenty of Wii U titles to look forward to before 2012 is out. Check out our final list of the European Wii U launch list now.

[via neogaf.com]

Related Games

Pikpikp

Pikpikp said:

I feel sorry for you Europeans, I'm having so much fun with this game.

Haxonberik

Haxonberik said:

This is going to be one of my first Wii U games when I get it on Christmas. Ill also get Nano Assault Neo (looks glorious), Trine 2, and maybe Toki Tori 2 and NSMB U if I can.

mudjo

mudjo said:

It's a launch game in Australia (according to Wikipedia, which is super trustworthy).

Monsti

Monsti said:

:( I really wanted to play this with my girlfriend over the holidays.

OracleOfTruth

OracleOfTruth said:

I wonder what the issues were? NL, let us all know if you find out. Until then, hang in there Europe! :)

BenAV

BenAV said:

What? Noooo!
This is one of the games that I've already paid for to get on day one. D:
Looks like I'll have to make a stop at EB and choose something else then.

luminalace

luminalace said:

Just to confirm, the game is NOT delayed in Australia and New Zealand! European Wii U owners can import the game from those countries if they want it bad enough! No idea why it's delayed in Europe and not Down Under!

Hoerig

Hoerig said:

If you live in the UK or France it shouldn't be hard to get your hands on an American copy. Besides im waiting on the 3ds version till after the holidays it doesn't look as fun as the Wii U version lacking the object editor and all.

pinta_vodki

pinta_vodki said:

Shoot, I was so looking forward to getting the PC version (no Wii U for me just yet) and it's apparently been delayed as well...

BenAV

BenAV said:

Ah, thanks.
Well that's good then, means I don't have to change my preorder to something else.
I'll go into EB on Monday or something just to make sure, but looks like I'll still be getting it on launch then.

Looks like it's the Europeans that'll need to import from us for a change.
Or if it's going to be on the eShop they could always just change their region to Australia and download it.

luminalace

luminalace said:

Yeah I assumed it would be delayed for us too hence why I checked and stumbled upon that article! I have nevr heard of someone in Europe needing to change their region to Australia which will be cool, that is if it actually appears on the eShop Day 1!

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

Ha! Us Australian's still get it at launch! The only time in the history of the world is it an advantage to be a Nintendo gamer in Australia!

cdude

cdude said:

I was hoping some of you would speculate on what the hell, outside of dev time, could cause a delay until 2013 cuz i'm clueless and the fact that he cant talk about seems strange...anyhoo, i'll start.

You think theyre having a supply problem and wont have enough for all of europe?

Maybe they dont like their current printers for the region and are waiting for the cobtract to expire?

Clueless.

ChibiJib

ChibiJib said:

Oh man! What about the steam version?! I reaaallly hate living in Australia.

EDIT: Wait, nevermind. I just saw luminalace's post. YAY!

Schprocket

Schprocket said:

Is there any site where it's posted exactly what hoops developers have to jump through for European release. I still stand by my 'universal English' releases open to all territories with a globally quantified rating system. Continental Europeans generally have a better handle on English than Anglophonic regions do on 2nd languages so this option should be available to all.

On tomorrow's to-do list, we invade Antarctica..... :)

harlowlad

harlowlad said:

Any recommendations on what Australian site to order this from ??? Never imported a PAL game to UK before!!!! Thanks

Henmii

Henmii said:

I might buy it someday. I am not sad about the delay, since I'll buy my Wii u next year!

TheAdza

TheAdza said:

I really hope it still releases here in Australia at launch. I have a feeling that it will be announced that it won't be in the next few days. Otherwise it's just going to be Mario for me.