CyberConnect2 Confirm Interest In Solatorobo Sequel

Posted by Orla Madden

The quest for a new adventure has begun

CyberConnect2 boss Hiroshi Matsuyama has revealed at a Namco Bandai event in Barcelona that his company would love to do a sequel to Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

Matsuyama was questioned about the possibility of a sequel, in which he expressed his desire for a new title and confirmed that they are already working on the new story. Unfortunately, he couldn't reveal a platform or any idea when to expect the game, so we'll have to sit back and twiddle our thumbs for now.

We gave Solatorobo: Red the Hunter a very respectable 9/10 when we reviewed it. Have you played this charming DS title, and are you excited to hear this news? Let us know in the comment section below.

From the web

Kitty_hime1 said:

Can't wait! I loved the first one so this one I bet will be even more awesome than the first!

XCWarrior said:

Cool to hear. The first one sits on my shelf in the "to play" list, but I will get to it.

chiptoon said:

I can confirm my interest in Solatorobo. Now if only I could find a copy, I would buy it.

CanisWolfred said:

Best news all yesterday. I'm definitely looking forward to it. The first one was one of the most appealing-to-me games I've ever seen.

Auracle said:

You do not know the rejoicing this has brought me. The first one was just so charismatic and unique. I always hoped that there would be a second. Thank you CyberConnect2!

Knux said:

This reminds me that I need to get back to playing Solatorobo. I hope this turns out to be true though! Now we just need a Radiant Historia sequel, and the world will be a better place.

WiiLovePeace said:

Oh MAN Solatorobo was an AWESOME game Too bad it didn't sell very well afaik. & I agree with @Knux Radiant Historia definitely deserves a sequel too

Blaze said:

Sounds interesting. The original is still sitting on my shelf somewhere, waiting to be played. Perhaps now would be a good time to play it?

MegaLegends3 said:

I bought it launch day to show my support! I would TOTALLY do the same for a 3DS sequel. It must happen! SOON!

Henmii said:

Yeah, I would love a sequel! Hopefully with some added Zelda-esque puzzles!

Tail concerto on the 3DS is also very appreciated, since I have never played it!

Ganmaku said:

I loved the first one. The art direction was probably the best on the DS. The only let down was it was a little too easy, regardless I'd love a sequel though.

sinalefa said:

I am in the boat of "bought it, but still in the shelf". Besides getting good reviews, I got as a way of supporting Xseed for localizing The Last Story, and I ended up buying two copies of that one, although it was not intentional, haha.

Anyway, as soon as White 2 leaves me any hint of free time, I will get to it.

Marioman64 said:

yes Yes YES! Solatorobo was a beautiful game! not just from the immersive platform-esque psuedo-rpg elements with real time combat awesomeness, but you think the story is over and then BAM gameplay times a million! and then new game plus! I can't wait to see a sequel for sure

Nintendawg said:

Not only is Red the Hunter an amazing game, it is also DSi-enhanced and optimized. If they show all that love to the 3DS instalment, it is going to set a new standard for rpg's on the system.

edcomics said:

The DSi game was decent, though I felt it got boring in the second segment. There did seem to be a great amount of content, but I almost would have been more entertained by a shorter game. I did feel a bit ripped off after playing the real game, because the trailer made it seem like animated cinematics would appear throughout the game. Instead, you get a beautifully animated intro video with great music, and then it's just jagged pixels and MIDI music for the rest of the experience. Perhaps I expected too much. Like I said, though, it was a decent game. It just got old after a while.