CyberConnect2 Confirm Interest In Solatorobo Sequel

Posted by Orla Madden

The quest for a new adventure has begun

CyberConnect2 boss Hiroshi Matsuyama has revealed at a Namco Bandai event in Barcelona that his company would love to do a sequel to Solatorobo: Red the Hunter.

Matsuyama was questioned about the possibility of a sequel, in which he expressed his desire for a new title and confirmed that they are already working on the new story. Unfortunately, he couldn't reveal a platform or any idea when to expect the game, so we'll have to sit back and twiddle our thumbs for now.

We gave Solatorobo: Red the Hunter a very respectable 9/10 when we reviewed it. Have you played this charming DS title, and are you excited to hear this news? Let us know in the comment section below.

[via vg247.com, koi-nya.net]

Kitty_hime1

Kitty_hime1 said:

Can't wait! I loved the first one so this one I bet will be even more awesome than the first!

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

Cool to hear. The first one sits on my shelf in the "to play" list, but I will get to it.

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

I can confirm my interest in Solatorobo. Now if only I could find a copy, I would buy it.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

Best news all yesterday. I'm definitely looking forward to it. The first one was one of the most appealing-to-me games I've ever seen.

True_Hero

True_Hero said:

You do not know the rejoicing this has brought me. The first one was just so charismatic and unique. I always hoped that there would be a second. Thank you CyberConnect2! :)

Knux

Knux said:

This reminds me that I need to get back to playing Solatorobo. I hope this turns out to be true though! Now we just need a Radiant Historia sequel, and the world will be a better place. :D

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Oh MAN Solatorobo was an AWESOME game :D Too bad it didn't sell very well afaik. & I agree with @Knux Radiant Historia definitely deserves a sequel too :D

Bacon_Gal_Blaze

Bacon_Gal_Blaze said:

Sounds interesting. The original is still sitting on my shelf somewhere, waiting to be played. Perhaps now would be a good time to play it?

MegaLegends3

MegaLegends3 said:

I bought it launch day to show my support! I would TOTALLY do the same for a 3DS sequel. It must happen! SOON!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Yeah, I would love a sequel! Hopefully with some added Zelda-esque puzzles!

Tail concerto on the 3DS is also very appreciated, since I have never played it!

Ganmaku

Ganmaku said:

I loved the first one. The art direction was probably the best on the DS. The only let down was it was a little too easy, regardless I'd love a sequel though.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I am in the boat of "bought it, but still in the shelf". Besides getting good reviews, I got as a way of supporting Xseed for localizing The Last Story, and I ended up buying two copies of that one, although it was not intentional, haha.

Anyway, as soon as White 2 leaves me any hint of free time, I will get to it.

Marioman64

Marioman64 said:

yes Yes YES! Solatorobo was a beautiful game! not just from the immersive platform-esque psuedo-rpg elements with real time combat awesomeness, but you think the story is over and then BAM gameplay times a million! and then new game plus! I can't wait to see a sequel for sure

Nintendawg

Nintendawg said:

Not only is Red the Hunter an amazing game, it is also DSi-enhanced and optimized. If they show all that love to the 3DS instalment, it is going to set a new standard for rpg's on the system.

edcomics

edcomics said:

The DSi game was decent, though I felt it got boring in the second segment. There did seem to be a great amount of content, but I almost would have been more entertained by a shorter game. I did feel a bit ripped off after playing the real game, because the trailer made it seem like animated cinematics would appear throughout the game. Instead, you get a beautifully animated intro video with great music, and then it's just jagged pixels and MIDI music for the rest of the experience. Perhaps I expected too much. Like I said, though, it was a decent game. It just got old after a while.