More Nintendo Costumes For Tekken Tag Tournament 2 Wii U Edition

Posted by Orla Madden

Dress up as Sheik, Captain Falcon and Toad

Last month, Namco Bandai announced that gamers would be able to dress up as certain Nintendo characters in Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition; including big N's mascot Mario.

New outfits have been added to the wardrobe, with players be able to dress characters up as Sheik (Zelda), Captain Falcon (F-Zero) and Toad (Super Mario). These extra costumes will be added to the list we previously mentioned a while back.

That's not all the news we have for you regarding Namco's upcoming brawler, as a new trailer reveals the comeback of Tekken Ball. This mini-game, which first appeared in Tekken 3 on the 32-bit PlayStation, sees two players volleying a ball back and forth, charging it up to deal damage to their opponent. Dodgeball, anyone?

Tekken Tag Tournament 2: Wii U Edition will be available to buy alongside the Wii U when it launches in Europe and North America. Check out the new trailer below and let us know what you think in the comments section below.

[via siliconera.com]

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

What the hell is going on in this gameXD?! Not my type of game, but I like what crazy stuff they've done with it.

Xilef

Xilef said:

My little brother has been thinking about getting this. That CF costume might just convince him. It convinced me.

And you know, the game looks fun.

Marks

Marks said:

I'd buy the game just to do those dance moves wearing a Toad suit.

LavaTwilight

LavaTwilight said:

I'm not either but this is looking pretty awesome... must... resist... urge... to buy... beat-em up... crap...

Wildfire

Wildfire said:

I'm totally going to buy this! And this damn costumes and crazy trailer were the decisive factor!

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

haha!! nice to see namco bandai pay homage to nintendo this way! :-)

they should've added ike from fire emblem too but this looks fun.

GameLord08

GameLord08 said:

Looks interesting. May look into it if I ever have the extra mon- oh, who am I kidding, like I'll ever have extra money with the way the Wii U's going. ;___;

akabenjy

akabenjy said:

This is my least favourite fighter behind Soul Calibur and DOA but I am getting this game because of the costumes. Being able to play dressed as Link brings back fond memories of Soul Calibur II:)

Hokori

Hokori said:

:o so does this mean Toad is playable in the next SSB? Maybe Namcos hinting something here?

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I'm still waiting for a Donkey Kong suit, but those other suits are just so hilarous and wrong at the same time.

Yosher

Yosher said:

I'd love a Yoshi suit myself but hey, I'm loving this already. XD This will probably be the first Tekken I will play for a good while once I get it!

rjejr

rjejr said:

Oh well, I submit, we'll have to buy it now.

I like how the trailer has 33 seconds of funny costumes, 3 seconds of naked beach volleyball, and 33 more seconds of funny costumes.

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I'm not a fan of the Tekken series but that trailer was hilarious.
@Bensei The Peach costume had already been revealed. They were only mentioning the newly revealed costumes.

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

This is absolutely hilarious. I think Namco and Nintendo might really start doing things with their fighters. I think this is on my BUY list.

Chunky_Droid

Chunky_Droid said:

All third parties should have done this in their ports to the Wii U for launch.

Or am I the only one who wanted to see Batman Arkham City: Captain Falcon Edition?

Emaan

Emaan said:

Captain Falcon and Sheik fit in a lot better than...TOAD. I'm dying right now. That's insanely hilarious. :D

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I am definitely getting this over the PS3 version. This one will be ten times more fun. Things like this and netting Club Nintendo coins on every third party game would really make balance towards the Wii U version of multiplatform games.

Squid

Squid said:

This looks good but I truly doubt I'd be getting a Wii U anytime soon. But it looks like they certainly have some crazy things in that game that do make me want to play it right now, haha. I mean seriously. It has a panda dressed as Peach that beats the living poo outta people with giant flaming volleyballs.

How could you not want to play such a game.

Ichiban

Ichiban said:

Been playing this on PS3 at work, its a great game. I've been holding out for the Wii U version myself. I cant wait to beat the spandex out of a Capt. Falcon lookin' wannabe!

LeVideoGamer

LeVideoGamer said:

Who is that dressed as Captain Falcon? It looks like the big guy himself!
Day 1 purchase for me. Hopefully they announce a DK suit, along with costumes from Fire Emblem, Pokemon, Yoshi, Golden Sun and Kirby. Even if they don't, I'm still buying it.
@HarmoKnight Why would they be hinting anything? It's just a costume, you're over-thinking it. And have you forgotten that Toad is one of Peach's moves? It should stay that way. SSB doesn't need to be ridden with unnecessary Mario characters; this isn't Mario Kart 7.

FJOJR

FJOJR said:

I fear (with some exceptions depending on personal preference) for the DK suit if it's just the characters naked with a necktie.