Etrian Odyssey IV Coming To North America In Early 2013

Posted by Shaan Joshi

More JRPGs for the 3DS? Sounds good to us

Atlus has announced plans to localize Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan, the latest entry in the long-running JRPG franchise.

Legends of the Titan marks the series' arrival on the Nintendo 3DS, which utilizes an improved graphics engine to provide improved 3D visuals. Like previous titles, players will explore dangerous yet beautiful environments — each littered with various flora and fauna — while mapping their journey using the touch screen and stylus. Character creation and party customization is back, and to help ease new players into the series, a Casual mode option ensures that newcomers will not feel intimidated.

Here's the skinny from Aram Jabbari, Manager of Public Relations and Sales at Index Digital Media, Inc:

The Etrian Odyssey series is an enduring love letter to a bygone era, a time when the thrill of adventure; the rewards of imagination; and the satisfaction of true challenge could truly transport gamers to another world.

While Legends of the Titan continues to be a bridge to that past, the series now enjoys its most technologically sophisticated foray yet. Enemies are rendered in 3D and practically pounce out of the Nintendo 3DS at the player. The areas to be explored and mapped have never been as intricately detailed and memorably vibrant. The wondrous music of Yuzo Koshiro is back, fully orchestrated and as epic as ever. At the risk of sounding oxymoronic, we're proud to bring our fans the newest, most exciting old school CRPG throwback yet!

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan is scheduled for release in early 2013, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS. As of now, there are no plans for release in Europe, but we'll let you know if that changes.

fchinaski

fchinaski said:

Release dates for the 3DS are pilling up for North America while we hear next to nothing on the European side. Let's hope today's Nintendo Direct changes that.

Adam

Adam said:

This is a great series. The casual mode will be much appreciated by many.

Marow

Marow said:

I've heard great things about this franchise, so if it comes out in Europe, I might just give it a try.

Mollutje

Mollutje said:

Fchinaski's right. I'm not particularly interested in this game, but it is worrying to see Europe being left in the dark, 3ds-wise. I sincerely hope today's nintendo direct will alleviate that at least somewhat.

Samholy

Samholy said:

only played the first one yet. the two other titles still sleep on my game pile of ds games. a fourth is coming ? wow, that will provide me insane amount of hours of gaming...bring it to NA !!!!

didnt tried the 2 and 3 yet, so i dont know what they can improve from them. but from the first one, a bigger inventory space would be more than appreciated :-)

Expa0

Expa0 said:

Yeaahhh... Thank you so much for the region locks once again Nintendo.

Samholy

Samholy said:

i must agree once again. region locking is one of the stupidest thing nintendo ever done. someone please tell me why they lock systems by regions. Theyre afraid people will buy games from gamestores around the globe ?
how would this hurt them if i wanna play a japanese game on my 3ds,even if i dont read japanese ?
monster hunter would already rock my 3ds at this time.

please give me good reasons they do so, i jsut dont get it.

Nintendawg

Nintendawg said:

"oxymoronic"..?
Epic fail, to use a contemporary term.

Anyway, this is great news indeed, I was hoping this would make it to NA. I'm still playing through the 3rd instalment, "The Drowned City", and having a blast indeed. Lots of grinding required, it's true, but the rewards are well worth it.
I'm pre-ordering this day 1.
And now that there will be a casual mode, I'm sure more gamers will be able to appreciate this amazing series.