Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight Is Almost as Big as New Super Mario Bros. 2

Posted by Damien McFerran

In terms of data, at least

We're all quite excited about Rhythm Hunter: HarmoKnight here at Nintendo Life - it was arguably one of the highlights of the Japanese Nintendo Direct broadcast last week. Combining platforming with rhythm action, the game launches in Japan this week, although a western release hasn't been confirmed as yet.

However, should HarmoKnight ever succeed in breaking out of The Land of the Rising Sun and landing himself on western shores, you may want to make sure you have a bigger SD card. According to NintenDaan's Twitter account, the game occupies over 2000 blocks on your SD card - almost as much space as New Super Mario Bros. 2 takes up.

Sounds like we could have an epic game on our hands...or it could mean that the number (and quality) of the songs available in the game has resulted in a large download. Pick whichever reason excites you the most!

[via twitter.com]

Buob

Buob said:

This game is actually really fun! The Pokemon stage is hilarious (yet freakishly hard).

SirSmugleaf

SirSmugleaf said:

Well I guess that it shows that it is a substantial title, backed up by the fact that it is 1800 Yen (about over $20).

DestinyMan

DestinyMan said:

I hope this comes westward too, because I like the concept and it would be a lot of fun. Of course, there's always been good-looking games that never leave Japan, but this game looks like it can have wide appeal.

Angelic_Lapras_King

Angelic_Lapras_King said:

There's seemed to be a fair bit of Englisg in the trailer anyway, so I can't see why it couldnt be released outside of Japan, especially from a big name like Gamefreak

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

World map reminds me of Super Mario World! Totally worth the blocks, but either way a 32GB card is only about $20, so no worries.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

I do love me some innovative rhythm games (especially Rhythm Thief & the Emperor's Treasure :D) so I'm quite looking forward to this one leaving Japan!

Lunapplebloom

Lunapplebloom said:

@Buob That's good to hear. I wasn't knowing what to suspect from this one, though I knew I was going to get it if it comes stateside. Lucky you.

As for storage, I got no problems with the size. Still got plenty of space on my 32GB SD card.

Porky

Porky said:

I don't have a 3ds yet, so I wouldn't know this, but retail 3ds games now take blocks of data? If so, then why?

Zyrac

Zyrac said:

Mighty Switch Force is about 1800 blocks for some reason. So a big download does not necessarily mean a big game.

Windy

Windy said:

Looks great! it's good to see quality titles finally hit the Eshop where probably 70% of the games are absolutely hideous. Come on Nintendo you need to be doing it better than Android and Apple where 90% of the games in their shops are hideous. Definately a step in the right direction

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

If this comes stateside and it is as good as it looks, then I would buy a new SD card solely for this. I could also delete all those demos I don't touch anymore.

Radbot42

Radbot42 said:

I'm surprised no one has mentioned that this is going to play a lot like BIT.TRIP RUNNER

chucknorrmis

chucknorrmis said:

@ ninryan
lol you JUST got bored of Nintendo Video? I thought it was a waste of space and a piece of crap of an app about a month. nothing good ever really shows on it (can't really blame them though)

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

I hope there's a demo. I would think we'll be getting it.
I may have to clear off or get a new SD card though. The one it came with isn't quite cutting it anymore, and I'd the new Pokedex app will be pretty big too.