Cloudberry Kingdom Goes Hardcore In This New Trailer

Posted by Shaan Joshi

You can change the difficulty, thankfully

Cloudberry Kingdom is one of the few eShop titles that's set to launch this November for Wii U. While most of the game is still shrouded in mystery, its stand-out feature is its use of procedurally generated levels, which scales the difficulty to the player's level of skill.

Of course, this means that things can ramp up quickly. How quickly you ask? Well, just check out the trailer below.

Are you as scared as we are?

[via youtube.com]

Reala

Reala said:

Would have to try a demo first looks fun but possibly a bit too difficult for me, could never get very far in lost levels and this looks just as if not more difficult than that.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

:O

It must be easier than it looks or something. I mean, it would have to be... right?

...

(whimper)

MAB

MAB said:

The MAD old-school gamer in me can't wait to get Cloudberry Kingdom in a cobra clutch then powerbomb its difficulty from the top of a steel cage onto a canvas of nails ;)

MrWalkieTalkie

MrWalkieTalkie said:

Looks like they're trying to incorporate more story into it. I'm mostly happy they changed those bland backgrounds of blue skies and white clouds to all these awesome new backgrounds.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

When are we gonna see games that don't look like a computer flash games, the whole "Retro Platfomer" thing has been beaten to death already.
I don't know about you guys, but I would like to see what the Wii U is made of, not to see water down iPhone games on a home console.

BenAV

BenAV said:

I know I'll completely fail at this, but that won't stop me from trying... if I buy it.

Norfair

Norfair said:

To me, this kind of looks like a simple Super Meat Boy.
Can't wait to try this out.

Xiao_Pai

Xiao_Pai said:

....Game scares me...not the difficulty, just the game. I guess the difficulty does too, but whatever...yeah. xD

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

Yeah...difficulty needs a good balance. There are obviously people that like easier or harder games, but make a game that's far too easy or far too hard and you're doing something wrong - reach further to either end of the scale and you're just losing consumers. Zelda II doesnt have respectable difficulty - it has a frustatingly high level of difficulty due to bad design.

Knux

Knux said:

Out of all the games announced for the Wii U, this is the one that actually makes me want to buy the console in the future. :D

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

They should make a trailer of someone playing and dying, and dying, and dying and dying. Which would be the actual gameplay most of us would get to play.

Am I correct in assuming any hazard is a one hit kill here?

ueI

ueI said:

If it scales the difficulty to the player's level of skill, there's nothing for me to worry about.

Shining-Void

Shining-Void said:

Am I the only one who finds the intro hilarious? Well, I can safely say most of us have a lot of rage inducing hours in front of us.

JayceJa

JayceJa said:

watch this thinking: screw that

into animation is incredible quality though

brooks83

brooks83 said:

I'm not sure why people think Zelda II is hard. I played through it recently on the VC and it wasn't that bad. I did play the game a lot as a kid though, so maybe that helped.

sebman30

sebman30 said:

i backed it on kickstarter and played the beta and ive got to say, i was quite impressed.its actually a lot of fun even though i cant get to level 80 (damn u level 56-75)......i can never get up to it :(......i just....cant D:

Bobhobob

Bobhobob said:

You all do know that this game adjusts the levels depending on how good you are, right? So that stuff is only gonna happen if you're like Chuck Norris or something.

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

It looks like there is one and precisely one way to get through and everywhere else a constantly flowing wall of death. The sheer business on screen is almost to be a distraction.

Rect_Pola

Rect_Pola said:

It's like the insane mode of another game. The kinda thing a pop up would tell you straight out it was hardly fair when selected. I wonder if the scaled down difficulty has names stressing your shame.