Angry Birds Trilogy Achievement Requires 300 Hours Of Play

Posted by Damien McFerran

Got plenty of spare time on your hands?

Angry Birds creator Rovio has cheekily revealed that the forthcoming Angry Birds Trilogy contains an achievement that is expected to take around 300 hours to unlock.

The achievement is to clear all 700 stages with 100% destruction using the 'Mighty Eagle' bird.

Speaking to Digital Spy, executive producer Kalle Kaivola gleefully added:

I'd love to meet the guy who does that first, I'm just totally going to congratulate them.

Got 300 hours spare?

[via digitalspy.co.uk]

MAB

MAB said:

300 hours of excruciating boredom must be endured to accomplish this task :P

BenAV

BenAV said:

I can easily spend 300 hours on a game... but 300 hours on Angry Birds sounds like torture.
Three minutes is plenty.

Linkuini

Linkuini said:

We don't have to pay real money to use the Mighty Eagle in the 3DS version, do we? :P Uh... do we?

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

God, it didn't even take me that long to collect all 493 Pokemon in Pokemon Pearl, and that was excruciating enough as it is considering the extraordinarily sluggish pacing of the game (relative to the GB games and subsequent DS instalments).

Who the hell has the patience to endure such a crappy game for such a ghastly amount of time?! :|

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

300 hours of bird flinging fun.
Too bad I couldn't get into the game on the PSP for 30mins.

bezerker99

bezerker99 said:

Angry Birds is unplayable for any amount of time...much less 300 hours. What are these people thinking???

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

Uh no... I already have all 4 for my iPod Touch, why rebuy them, and why spend that much time on that game? I think if I combine all the time I've played KIU and MK7 I'd have about that much time... nope too long for me.

Dashtag

Dashtag said:

The only reason I would do that is for bragging rights, but even then, I'm basically saying "Hey! I wasted 300 hours trying to get this stupid achievement"!

misswliu81

misswliu81 said:

and yet it will cost £29.99, $29.99 to buy in stores when you can easily download it for free on your phone.

Banker-Style

Banker-Style said:

Them people at Rovio are brilliant bunch of comedians,I'm still laughing that they can see people playing Angry Birds for 300 hours.

Barbiegurl777

Barbiegurl777 said:

Sweeeet! :D

This will be my first time officially playing angry birds on my 3ds & not on the computer in japanese lol. :D I don't know why but every time I google search to play it in english some how I alway's get the japanese version online which isn't bad but can't tell if I'm winning or losing lol. Be great to finally be able to play this on my 3ds. Yayy!!!! :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

V8_Ninja

V8_Ninja said:

I'll watch someone get this achievement in 1/4th of the time. And then I will laugh.

Windy

Windy said:

.99 cents in the apple and android market. 29.99 on the 3DS no thanks.

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

300 hours od angry birds is in the same league as "7 Days survivor" from dead rising -.- An achievment that schouldnt give you a trophy but just a message saying "get a life"

Wheels2050

Wheels2050 said:

as @Linkuini said, I hope you don't have to pay for those Mighty Eagles - perhaps that's why it takes so long (in my Android version of Space, I get a Space Eagle every day that I log in). Surely with a retail price point everything will be included.

Hokori

Hokori said:

There's a difference between 300 hours of fun and 300 hours of doing the same thing over and over and over and over, 300 hours of Monster Hunter, Final Fantasy, or Pokemon is more ideal for me

Einherjar

Einherjar said:

@HarmoKnight
Definitly, 300 hours of content is a huge difference over doing roughly 10 hour content over and over again ;)
And 300 hours of Monster Hunter is a good minimum playtime :P

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

That in no way sounds fun.

Just trying to clear a stage, repeatedly restarting because I can't get my bearing for the first shot, isn't fun either.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

@StephenYap3
The 3DS or Wii may not have system-wide achievements or trophies as the 360 or PS3 do, but it can still have game specific achievements.
Xenoblade Chronicles or StreetPass Mii Plaza for example.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

I haven't even played 300 Hours of Pokemon, Mario Kart, or Monster Hunter yet. Why would I do such for a bland iOS title?

Morpheel

Morpheel said:

Oh wow, the only game I have played for that much time was pokemon diamond, and that took like 4 years! (and then I restarted!)

RR529

RR529 said:

Like almost virtually everyone here, it's a no go for me.

TBH, I think this particular version is going to underwhelm sales wise. Not that it's a bad game (although it bored me, personally), but because you can play AB for much cheaper elsewhere, whether it be on a smartphone, tablet, or computer.

Windy

Windy said:

@RR529 I agree I don't think sales will be all that good. There are alot of fans of Angry Birds and I hope the game will do well for the developers sake but a price of 19.99 or maybe even a Bargain download at 14.99 or something would have been the way to go. I don't know I think it was just dead in the water from the beginning. There was just noway to compete with the low Android and apple prices.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

Angry Birds hate on this site? No way!

Really, Angry Birds is a fine little title although 300 hours of it seems a bit overkill.

rayword45

rayword45 said:

Seriously, it wouldn't be half as bad if the developers didn't act like arrogant assclowns all the time. "ZOMG WERE GONA BE BIGGER THEN DISNEY!!!11!!"

It's not atrocious, but it's NOTHING original or worth money.

SomeBitTripFan

SomeBitTripFan said:

Yay! Mow people can waste their time getting a worthless and boring achievement that will get them nothing in life. Why do these achievements even exist? No one will try to get this.

Grodus

Grodus said:

Completionist: I have 100%ed every game I've ever played!
Guy: Here's angry birds trilogy!
ONE WEEK LATER
Completionst: I can proudly say I have fully completed every game I've ever played (to self: but angry birds trilogy.)

lanabanana

lanabanana said:

Nope. Every time i play Angry Birds, I'm usually the angry one , not the birds :P Playing it for 300 hours would kill me ! XD

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

Am I the only person willing to PAY for entertainment anymore? Or has the iOS warped people's minds into thinking that entertainment should be free or practically free? What wrong with paying for something that artists worked hard on making? Smart phones and internet have really pandered to the 'I want it so I deserve it for nothing' mentality.

rjejr

rjejr said:

I think it's a marketing dare. It probably only takes 30 or 40 hours but he's daring all of Korea to buy the game to get the achievement.

Hokori

Hokori said:

@Flowerlark No but it's what you get out of it, for most of us we wouldnt get more then an hour out of angry birds, if we wanted to pay $30 we might as well get 20 hours outa it

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

If you get the other achievements along the way, then it's fine. But if it's just ONE very hard achievement, WHY WOULD YOU BOTHER?