La Mulana European Release Also Confirmed for 20th September

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Rejoice, Europe!

Yesterday we confirmed that La Mulana is arriving as a WiiWare download in North America on 20th September, after a long saga of release delays and publishing issues. When Nicalis withdrew earlier in the year, EnjoyUp Games stepped in to help Nigoro release the title outside of Japan, and we suggested that a European version was very likely as a result.

Nigoro has since published a blog post confirming a release in Europe, yet the wording was a little unclear on whether the release date applied to both regions. We've clarified with EnjoyUp Games and, yes, La Mulana will be also be released in Europe on 20th September.

Some WiiWare enthusiasts have been waiting a long time for this one, but it's only three weeks away.

Omega

Omega said:

One can only hope that the WiiWare is completely different than the original free PC version. Otherwise I feel sorry for those who expect a great game. It seems that some people think this is like Cave Story (for some incomprehensive reason). But it's not. Not even close.

Linkstrikesback

Linkstrikesback said:

I'd love to care, I really would, but it's too late for Wiiware for me, so I'll be giving this a miss.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

Very cool, I have some leftover points on my wii system.

But at this point I am more likely to grab the PC version of La Mulana.

WiiLovePeace

WiiLovePeace said:

Oh man heavens yes! Been waiting years for this to be released & now its gonna be! I would've bought the PC version but I wanted to play it on my TV & now I can :D Thanks Nigoro & EnjoyUp! :D

Pastry

Pastry said:

Darn, I played the Japanese version for nothing. Well, it was good enough to replay at least. I'd recommend it to everyone!

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

YES! :D I guess my patience paid off. Still woulda rather it go to 3DS but eh...

chiptoon

chiptoon said:

My Wii won't connect to the web anymore for some reason. I will have to wait for Wii U :(

DaveyBoy

DaveyBoy said:

Great news. I'll be snapping this up. It will be my first WiiWare purchase since Hydroventure back in December 2010.

Henmii

Henmii said:

Ah come on! Does anyone really believe this!!

It won't come to Wiiware...EVER!!

JulioMoruno

JulioMoruno said:

Hi guys, is not only for Europe and America, also will publish it for Australian users of WiiWare. Thanks for your support!!!!

SKTTR

SKTTR said:

Glad it finally worked out for everyone. Thankyou, EnjoyUp and Nigoro for not giving up, even with Nintendo's bad service.
My points are ready.
I always thought La-Mulana looks like a great retro action platform adventure with adorable design and love to detail, an interesting story, and a beautiful soundtrack.