3DS XL Cradle and AC Adaptor Available 24th August

Posted by Katy Ellis

In the UK, that is

3DS XL owners in the UK can now unite for one mighty sigh of relief, as online retailers play.com and amazon.co.uk are both currently advertising the 3DS XL console's charging cradle and AC adaptor as available to purchase from the 24th August, at the sum of £19.99.

While separate 3DS AC adaptors have been readily available for 3DS XL consumers to purchase, those who like their handheld to sit in a comfortable plastic bed while they charge might want to make a note of these offers; we're sure that more retailers will be jumping on board as well.

[via play.com, amazon.co.uk]

Geonjaha

Geonjaha said:

It's bad enough that we have to pay more than NA for their bundle anyway...

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

It's stupid they sell it apart but luckly i got my dsi/3ds adapter...

i will buy one around my birthday i guess along with a vita and wii u

Portista

Portista said:

I still don't understand why there is even a cradle. I mean, just plug it in!

DeMoN-13ruce

DeMoN-13ruce said:

ow lol stupid laptop...

ohwel yh the craddle is stupid what if you have circle pad pro xl?

TimeGuy

TimeGuy said:

@Portista I don't have a 3DS yet (less than a week to go for the XL in NA), but I think it'd be nice to not have to worry about the cable and just be able to set it down to charge.

Medicham

Medicham said:

Hmmmmm... interesting. I currently got a 3DS and I don't plan on buying a 3DS XL. I still think the 3Ds XL is a slap in the face to current 3DS owners who look at the XL in envy. The cradle is a okay idea but I don't think many people will buy it when it should come in the package to begin with.

MrWezzle

MrWezzle said:

I dunno, I really enjoy just setting my 3DS down in its cradle instead of potentially scratching it up by plugging it in every night. I feel it goes a long way to protect the outside of the system, and I'd be hard-pressed to get one for my 3DS XL, too.

RupeeClock

RupeeClock said:

I would like to have a cradle for my 3DS XL, it's nicer than just letting it sit anywhere.

But I'd only consider getting the actual cradle on its own, I'm already covered for AC adapters.

That, and it's way too expensive, £19.99? How much of that is the Cradle?

Edlicious

Edlicious said:

id rather get no AC and have that awesome silver color 3DS XL then be stuck picking between blue and red...at least bring white so its the color of our flag or something D:

hydeks

hydeks said:

should just come with the system. I think europian gamers are getting screwed :P

ThumperUK

ThumperUK said:

This is a rip off - bearing in mind you can pick up a charger for less than £5, how is a bit of plastic worth the other £15?

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

What, you can't use the DSi/DSiXL/3DS adapters? Can't wait to see Nyko release a power grip for it to extend battery life to ten hours or more... (my current 3DS runs a very, very long time with the Nyko Power grip and I keep brightness on it's lowest setting unless I'm playing outdoors in the sun, when I bump it up to 3 or 4.

ToxieDogg

ToxieDogg said:

The 'charging cradle' is the biggest waste of plastic anyway. I've barely used the one I got with my regular 3DS. Don't see the point of it when the charger plugs straight into the back of the 3DS anyway, plus you can't play and charge at the same time whilst it's sitting on the cradle. Don't see the point of them releasing this at all.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

@Stardust

Of course you can use your existing adapter. That was the reason why it was not included, as Nintendo did not want you to buy a second adapter if you already have one.

Anyway, I just have my vanilla Cradle stored in a drawer.

Shane904

Shane904 said:

@SomeBitTripFan The power grip for the 3DS is available at Best Buy. (At least, when I was there a week or two ago). The only "data" you would lose would be the system clock/calender (you'll need to reset those), what brightness you had your screen on, and if you had wireless toggled on or off.

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

@SomeBitTripFan The "Niko Power Grip" requires no tools and clamps on to the back of your 3DS. It acts like just a mobile charging cradle + comfort grip, and won't void the warranty. The "Nyko Power Pak" replaces the internal battery with a bigger one and requires replacing the back plate. The two are not the same device. No way was I going to void my warranty by removing the stock battery and back-plate from my 3DS. With the Nyko Power Grip, even with 3D mode on, I can go over 10 hours gameplay on low brightness (which is even brighter than the original DS) and leave my 3DS in standby mode for days at a time.

TruenoGT

TruenoGT said:

I would guess Nintendo will sell the cradle separately through their online (North America) store (store.nintendo.com). You can currently purchase the original 3DS cradle for $4. You can also pick up replacement parts like the battery cover for the 3DS. I currently have a nice red back on my black 3DS! :)

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

@Heatran5400 Nintendo already gave ambassadors 20 games for free, so I think that's fair enough. This should have been included in the first place, if you ask me.