Project Happiness to Put a Smile on 3DS Owners' Faces

Posted by James Newton

Open the TOYBOX

That Project Happiness trailer we showed you last week certainly looked cute, but we didn't know if it would definitely come to Nintendo platforms. And now we know it will, we have an excuse to show it again.

Publisher Rising Star Games confirmed the game will reach Nintendo 3DS and mobile platforms. Project Happiness is the new game from Harvest Moon creator Yasuhiro Wada and his new TOYBOX studio, with music from Final Fantasy legend Nobuo Uematsu and Pokémon artist Atsuko Nishida.

We don't know much more than we did last week but at least we'll see Project Happiness on 3DS sometime next year.

[via facebook.com]

Taya

Taya said:

I'll keep this on my radar since I'm a big Harvest Moon fan, but this looks like a browser game.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

I have a feeling that the kind of game this is trying to be will be done better with Fantasy Life, when that eventually comes out. :)

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Considering the people working on it, and the title I was expecting a nice relax rpg or exploration game, farming/daily life sim or something. I'm not a fan of these browser games like they have on Facebook. I mean, when people make the casual/hardcore gaming argument my brain usually just shuts off to it, but to me THIS is too casual.

Anyway, like I said, Fantasy Life. Spread the word. Been waiting for that game forever. :)

Chrno-x

Chrno-x said:

I love Wada-san's games and I'm happy that his Project Happiness is coming to 3DS (couldn't be better :D). I hope that on TGS they will show some good gameplay and explain more ;]

mamp

mamp said:

This trailer looked horrible didn't really put a smile on my face, so far they're off to a rough start with me. Plus after so many Harvest Moon games and Farmville anything with farming as the main idea kinda turns me off.

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

There was a blue feather at the end.
The average Harvest Moon fanatic knows that's your token to getting married. Will we have to go through the same relationship system as past Harvest Moon games?

James

James said:

Apparently it's more like you run a shop than a farm. But yeah, I expect many HM similarities!

jibberldd5

jibberldd5 said:

its not this game/harvest moon that looks like farmville, its farmville that looks like harvest moon! (Farmville ruined the farming genre... D: if that is a genre...)