Rayman Arrives on North American eShop This Week

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Not just in Europe

We normally find out about the North American download offerings on Thursday each week, but we've been advised ahead of time that Rayman will be hitting the 3DS Virtual Console stateside.

Europe gets the Game Boy Color title this week too, so gamers on both sides of the Atlantic will have the chance to warm up ahead of the release of Rayman Origins on 3DS. Virtual Console releases aren't always consistent across both territories — North America is yet to receive the Game Boy Color version of Prince of Persia — so this is one case where everyone should be happy.

We'll have our review ready soon, but until then is this one that you're interested in downloading?

Chriiis

Chriiis said:

Trying to recall whether or not I got to have a go at this before. Either way, looking forward to add it to my collection of downloads, a fan of these games. :)

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

YES! I have been hoping this would come this week. Can't wait to download it! Now it's time to be excited for Cave Story+ and VC news at E3! (Please?)

pikku

pikku said:

I liked the GBA version of Rayman (which i believe was a port from the PSOne?), How does this compare, can anyone tell me or do I actually have to read the review this time? :O

Knuckles

Knuckles said:

Its on my wish list. Now I need The Legend Of Zelda released [on eShop] so I can spend my eShop cash without worrying about buying LoZ. :)

Undead_terror

Undead_terror said:

we were right,we also get 99seconds(dsiware),dont know what else we get or if there is anything else,and CN is updated friday

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Two GBC games in a row? Surely this is some kind of mistake. Nintendo simply is not that generous.

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

Cool

Also calling rayman origins and other already released 3DS and DS games kn eshop.

Shadowflash

Shadowflash said:

A VC game? Announced before Thursday? Are you sure you don't have us mixed up with Europe? XD

realar

realar said:

Ah I have fond memories from this game. One of the first GBC games I ever owned.

Torchwood

Torchwood said:

I'll get it. I don't think there are really that many great GBC games anyway, since the system's lifespan was so short.

DraculaX

DraculaX said:

Huh, was not expecting this. Well, looks like I have another game to add to my VC collection.

RR529

RR529 said:

Played the Rayman Origins demo, and while it was fun (and drop dead gorgeous), it just never really clicked for me (while fantastically crafted, the art style clashed with my tastes. It reminded me of Ren & Stimpy, Cow & Chicken, and Rocko's Modern Life, and I personally can't stand that art style).

Because of that, I'll probably be skipping this VC game as well. Hope all you Rayman fans enjoy it though.

Tsuchinoko

Tsuchinoko said:

Maybe Japan will end up getting this, just later. We're getting Rayman Origins a litter later than other regions.

Joshers744

Joshers744 said:

Hm. Never really played Rayman much...always been a hard core First Party Nintendo kind of guy. This looks pretty good though.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Sigh So, in NA, Nintendo will put a past release on VC to promote the upcoming release of a third party game. Yet, it didn't release Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (and STILL hasn't) to promote it's own first party game, KI: Uprising (sales of which have sucked here). WAT DA... ??

I am happy about more VC. Nintendo just makes no sense to me sometimes. Walks away mumbling to self

YUXLOA

YUXLOA said:

I'm still waiting for Super Mario Land 3: Wario Land in north america.

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

I doubt Of Myths and Monsters being released would have improved Uprising sales.