Kirby's Pinball Land Dinging to Virtual Console

Posted by James Newton

Bumper crop

3DS Virtual Console fans can get another dose of Kirby download fun soon as Kirby's Pinball Land is heading to the service, as outed by — you guessed it — the Australian Classification Board.

The Game Boy pinball game stars Kirby as the ball across three themed tables, but there's a semi-story mode to progress through: each table has three screens, with a Warp Star at the top leading to a boss. Defeat all three bosses and you face King Dedede (who else?) as the final obstacle.

Bluecup

Bluecup said:

YES! Day one get! This game is in my top 3. I've spent countless hours playing this.
It's a game so good that I borrowed it off my cousin and never gave it back.

GameCube

GameCube said:

Next I want Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble on the VC, making use of the 3DS's gyro sensor.

Shugo

Shugo said:

@GameCube Woah woah woah there; this is Nintendo we're talking about, remember. They can't even be bothered to put multiplayer into GB VC.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

god i hated this game. this was the one my siblings and I shuffled around at each other when we had to share SML2 and Tetris on long vacations where we forgot to bring more games. D:

DarkEdi

DarkEdi said:

Sega need to help Nintendo with this own games. I will very happy if all gamegear options could be possible in gb/gbc games (frames, colors, button options, screens, etc)

RevolverLink

RevolverLink said:

Kirby's never steered me wrong before, so there's a good chance I'll get this, but the portable Kirby I'm really hoping for (well, aside from Dream Land 2) is Tilt 'n' Tumble. I've never had the chance to play it, but I tend to love the non-traditional Kirby games that take a unique concept and just run with it, like Canvas Curse and Mass Attack, more than a lot of the more "traditional" Kirby games.

With the 3DS' gyro controls, you'd think (hope?) a VC port would be more than possible.

JoeDiddley

JoeDiddley said:

I still have this on GB. I have been waiting for this ever since the 3DS VC was announced :)

TheDreamingHawk

TheDreamingHawk said:

I wondered where this game went. Seeing how Block Ball came out first, I thought they wanted to skip this game. Glad that's not happening. Now all that needs to happen is for Japan to release it and then the rest of the world can get it. (Unless they will release it in the west first, like they did with Mario's Picross.)

3DSLUIGI

3DSLUIGI said:

Kirby's Pinball Land is a game to me I always wanted but never had the chance to buy back when I was a little kid. For some reason, I always remember this game being a bit more popular to play over Kirby's Block Ball. I think maybe it had to do with the fact that kids wanted to try and play with Kirby as the pinball for a change instead of having him break through blocks, I don't know. But for me, if this game ever shows up in North America, I'll get it day 1.

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

It sucks. Since this game is coming out, I guess there's no chance Revenge of the Gator will make it to the Eshop now :(

I'd rather have that game with the awesome music and gators.

shinobi88

shinobi88 said:

I played Gator Golf on a Game Boy Rom and it was pretty xcellent. Would be cool if that came along too. Kirby's Pinball looks pretty cool, and I guess it's the best we get since Pinball Arcade may never come

Donjwolf

Donjwolf said:

Oh, Pinball Arcade is still coming. It's just taking a long time to fix the ROM emulation. Doubt we'd see it anytime soon though.

Beau_Skunk

Beau_Skunk said:

This is one of my sister's favorite Gameboy games, (she got a really really high score in it, I recall that I could never beat, and I was usually better at her at video games) and the first Kirby game we ever got. It's a pretty good game, it's like a very interactive pinball game. The boss & bonus stages are pretty fun to. (And there's a cool cheat code to access them, as well.)