Amoebattle's Quarantine Period is Nearly Over

Posted by James Newton

Release due soon

After a long wait, Intrinsic Games' Amoebattle is nearly ready to infect DSiWare.

The real-time strategy game with a distinctly germy theme has been approved for release by Nintendo of America, with a definitive release date expected in the near future.

If you want to know more about Intrinsic's RTS, you can read our Amoebattle interview.

Retro_on_theGo

Retro_on_theGo said:

I remember this. Better refresh my memory with that interview. Screenshots make it look nice. Hope a release date is given soon!

Other_R

Other_R said:

ohhh this looks great!!! to me as a biologist, this is a must have, can't wait!!! :D

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

I am really interested in getting this. I just downloaded Penguin Patrol and it is surprisingly good. I am also thinking about downloading Divergent Shift since they made that game as well.

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

last interesting dsiware titel maybe?

cant wait for reviews/videos. my 3DS needs a cool RTS game. this one looks promising

Maggots

Maggots said:

dang it... another cool looking game that I'm not going to buy because it wasn't developed for the 3DS... if i were a developer and i knew the 3DS was releasing i would instantly begin development for it... regardless of what stage of production i was in

Sam_Loser2

Sam_Loser2 said:

Finally! I don't like that it's on DSiware though. I'm out of system memory, but I have over 100,000 blocks on my SD card.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@TheNintendOtaku

He doesn't like the fact it doesn't play from the memory card. Ill probably get it but I've got no space on my systems memory either. I should have to take something off just to download this game. Nintendo needs to figure it out already and allow us to load them from the card. I've got like 30+ games just sitting there.

Kitsune_Rei

Kitsune_Rei said:

Wow this looks really cute and sounds great! I'd never heard of it so I'm glad I happened to see it here.
I look forward to a release date! Keep us updated!

Bassman_Q

Bassman_Q said:

Saving up my 1000 DSi Points for this game. I refuse to spend any of it until I know an exact price for it. I just purchased Penguin Patrol (also from Intrinsic Games), so hopefully that'll last me until Amoebattle.

~I'd be pissed if it just so happens to be 1200 points...~

liavcol

liavcol said:

This one is looks nice! But I have a big list of DSi(when I say DSi I mean DSiware and not DS retail games) games that I want to try first...

Morphbug

Morphbug said:

Hah I had forgotten about this one. Now all I need is news about Spirit Hunters Inc.