Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D Celebrates Japanese Launch at Hooters

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Where else?

Here at Nintendo Life we often attend or read news of launch events, some of them quirky and full of character. The Japanese press reception to celebrate the release of Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, however, may have seized the crown for the most unusual launch party yet.

As reported by Andriasang, game journalists in Japan attended this particular event at Hooters: for those of you unfamiliar, these are a series of restaurants renowned for waitresses wearing clothes that can only be described as 'flattering' to their figure. Aside from enjoying lunch in the surroundings, the guests did also go hands on with the game and get a look at the Metal Gear themed 3DS console.

Hooters may seem like a peculiar choice of venue, but in the Japanese version of the title a real-life magazine called Hooters Japan, as well as posters from the same publication, are apparently found throughout the environments. If you don't believe us, check out the picture below.

Untitled

[via andriasang.com]

LeasTwanteD

LeasTwanteD said:

I could have bet they focused on promoting Naked Snake when i read the header. :o
And while their camouflage is quite striking it doesn't matter much. Who could ever want to do any harm to these three nice angels. Except for jealous women of course.

Samholy

Samholy said:

hooters things in the game itself? it must be a joke hahahaha
no? really ?

rjejr

rjejr said:

Nintendo at Hooters? Never ever not even ever going to happen in the states.
I'm kind of surprised that there's even a Hooters in Japan, isn't that kind of overdressed for what their used to at conventions?

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

@Gavin_Rozee To each his own I guess!

The graphics are sharp. The game play is spot on and its got some of if not the best 3d visuals ive seen to date. The only real complaint could be the frame rate at times but even that doesn't bring the game down much. Great example of what the 3ds needs going forward.

The_Fox

The_Fox said:

You know, my last boss used to hold our weekly meetings at Hooters until they closed down and he had to change the venue to a strip club. That's when he went from being a good boss to being an awesome one.

Crystalline

Crystalline said:

@odd69 Actually, people don't tip in Japan :) It's seen as a rude act. In fact, if you do that, the store clerk/waiter or waitress will most likely chase you down to give you your money back :3

Funny isn't it? ^^

Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus said:

First I learn that you can shoot a Yoshi in the game, now I learn this? Snake is living the dream.

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

Lame publicity for a game, of all things. Edit: Just my opinion, & I like girls (esp. attractive ones), don't get me wrong but seriously, don't these women ever feel embarrassed that they're getting paid to be viewed as objects, instead of women?

RR529

RR529 said:

In the U.S. Version of the game, the magazine says MGS 3D on the top (for those of you who don't have the game, they are used to distract guards). Actually, the posters mentioned in the article are in the U.S. version as well.

HaNks

HaNks said:

i like the middle one, but american hooters girls have them beat!!!

but japanese make the best videogames :3

Radixxs

Radixxs said:

That picture has told me I need to go to one of these Hooters in Japan...

Sh00kst3r

Sh00kst3r said:

My parents were so crazy, I had my 10th birthday party at Hooters.
My 10th birthday party.
10th.
When I was 10 years old.
Good times...

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I'm sure somebody either photoshopped that screenshot, of used the in-game texture editor with the 3DS camera.

By the way, Hooters is kind of overrated anyway. My fiance and I ate there once. They have great food and hot wings, but we'd probably eat there more often if it weren't for the skimpy atmosphere.