Zelda: Skyward Sword Origin Trailer Sets the Scene

Posted by James Newton

May contain spoilers

Whether or not you agree with Nintendo's dripping tap approach to marketing The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, you can't argue that the game looks anything less than beautiful, particularly in this new trailer.

Although Nintendo's termed this the "origin" trailer, it might still contain the odd spoiler for what lies ahead, so if you want to preserve that sense of wonder when the game's released probably don't press the "play" button. You might want to come back later for some more beautiful Zelda artwork though.

ImDiggerDan

ImDiggerDan said:

2 weeks until my copy should arrive. Sadly, I'm then away doing a SCUBA course, so won't have any time to play. :(

shingi_70

shingi_70 said:

thought this was a new one.

Also Rich from iGN said most of the stuff in these videos are real early.

RoyalBlur

RoyalBlur said:

DARN IT! I wish this game was on the 3DS because I hardly ever am at home! That trailer was beyond epic! Why can't we have Zelda comics and a TV show?

FonistofCruxis

FonistofCruxis said:

I dom't see why that was called the origins trailer but it was still an epic trailer. I wonder who that blond girl that confronted Ghirahim was.

theblackdragonAdmin

theblackdragon said:

@shinesprite: that was Japan-only, though, iirc. we never get cool stuff like that here in the west — not that plain old rabbit-ears like that would even work in the US now anyway ;)

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@TokyoRed: When I was almost five years old, this came out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwBOzzh9-gY&feature=channel_video_title

It was loosely based on the first 2 Zeldas. It was a Friday afternoon deal, where a Mario cartoon was regularly. It lasted 13eps(episodes), only a few months, & is infamous for Link's now-well-known phrase, "Well, excuse me princess!", w/ a long drawn-out emphasis on the "Well excuse me" part.

Around the 90's, there were Nintendo comics, including Zelda: http://www.zeldawiki.org/Valiant_Comics

Capt_N

Capt_N said:

@mariofanatic128: #16 - I think I know, but I won't spoil it for you. Anyway, I might be incorrect.

This trailer is interesting, I still think some of the characters have rectangular arms, though.

drumsandperc92

drumsandperc92 said:

this trailer was on the GT TV special with Reggie Fils-Aime. They said it shows the connection that SS has with OoT & the rest of the Zelda series. The trailer clearly has people, creatures, places, and objects from other Zelda games in it but that's kind of the most obvious thing lol. I didn't really catch what other connections this necessarily had...the GT TV episode was pretty bad since they barely analysed the trailer at all...I guess it's just teasing that this game will bring a lot of "OHH!!!" moments from fans who've played the previous entries in the game, like me! But then again both Wind Waker & twilight princess had a handful of "OH!" moments themselves connecting both games to OoT. But since this is a prequel, it may do a lot more to explain things..can't wait till the 23rd! (thats when my preorder from amazon arrives)

NINTENBOY

NINTENBOY said:

Umm how is this a spoiler again? I really don't get why, I mean showed a bit much but it was stuff I already expected seriously where have you guys been?