Rumour: Limited Edition Zelda 3DS to be Released in North America

Posted by Thomas Whitehead

Don't open the champagne yet

Good news, we hope, for eager 3DS buyers in North America. It has been reported by Siliconera that the gorgeous limited edition Zelda 3DS bundle, already confirmed for release in Europe, is also on the way to North America. The source of the claim is a scan of an advert from major US retailer GameStop, clearly showing the new version with its Zelda design.

At the time of writing this hasn't been confirmed by Nintendo of America, nor is the bundle available for pre-order on GameStop's website. Lets be positive and assume that it is on the way to North America: are any of you planning to pick one up?

[via siliconera.com]

zezhyrule

zezhyrule said:

Yes. This will be my 3DS, was waiting for something like this. So much sexier than that MH 3DS crap.

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

I would seriously consider this, despite already having a 3DS, but not with the same weak battery. When they include a better battery, I'll replace the entire console.

Henmii

Henmii said:

If it's true, then there will also be a Mario bundle. But with a red 3DS (wich is more appropriate) instead of a white one.

But I guess I'll go for the Zelda one. It looks awesome, and I never had a Zelda-branded Nintendo device before!

timp29

timp29 said:

Burning_Spear

Burning_Spear said:

"If I had heaps of cash, I would buy this and hopefully somehow transfer my ambassador status to this sexy beast. Is that even possible?"

The update scheduled for later this month will supposedly allow a full transfer from one 3DS to another.

Flowerlark

Flowerlark said:

I'm planning on getting a 3DS soon, and I'm trying to hold out until this one comes out.

Drewroxsox

Drewroxsox said:

I went on gamestop's website and was able to find this bundle on there, but your not able to pre-order it yet. So I guess that confirms it for America... Now to wait for super Mario 3d land bundle to be announced

Supremeist

Supremeist said:

Can I transfer everything from my current 3DS if I buy this one too it? Because I was planning on buying this limited edition 3DS but I still want to be a ambassador. Can I switch it over?

bahooney

bahooney said:

Seriously, Nintendo? Seriously? How this makes sense is beyond me. I bought a 3DS specifically for OoT:3D... and I definitely would have bought this one if it was released simultaneously, as that would make sense. Guh.

bowkid50

bowkid50 said:

i don't get why people want that 3ds it looks just like a black 3ds but just with a Zelda sticker on it xD.

Scissors

Scissors said:

@1/ Ultra128

Tell that to my brother who had to be rushed to the hospital because he overdosed on Zelda last night.

KryptoKrunch

KryptoKrunch said:

I was waiting for this exact bundle, and the 3DS looks better than I imagined. So yeah, definite buy for me.

bonesy91

bonesy91 said:

@21 Yes, it does look like a sticker... now say it was gold like the DS, GBA, GBA SP before it. Then I'd lay down another 170.00 for it...

sillygostly

sillygostly said:

This really isn't a surprise considering that GameStop is what EB Games was renamed to in the U.S. and other territories (and the name will probably carry over to Australia at some point in the future).

The Australian bundle however, doesn't include Ocarina of Time 3D.

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

I think I might wait for an update with the slide pad built in. And hopefully an update of the Start and Select buttons- proper buttons please!

SLiM

SLiM said:

@27 That looks like a regular cosmo black 3DS that just happens to come with OoT3DS.

chevx