Tetris Axis Lines Up 8 Player Online Modes

Posted by James Newton

Friends not included

With the announcement that Nintendo had picked up publishing duties for Tetris Axis came a fact sheet proclaiming two to six player online play. Great news indeed.

Fast forward a few weeks and Nintendo has updated the fact sheet with one minor change: online multiplayer will now support up to eight players for maximum line-dropping chaos, with another variant of World Battle included too.

skywake

skywake said:

"Does the promise of duking it out with another two players put this one nearer the top of your buy list?"

..... yes, yes it does

Dyl_73

Dyl_73 said:

!Does the promise of duking it out with another two players put this one nearer the top of your buy list?"

As an occasional player I don't stand a chance against most others.
A video of the AR mode is needed. I can't imagine trying to play that with the tower wobbling about as you move around.

FluttershyGuy

FluttershyGuy said:

Is it wrong that I'm more excited about this for the possibility of Nintendo also releasing Game Boy Tetris on VC?

timp29

timp29 said:

Does two extra players change whether I will buy this game or not? God no!

I will be buying this game no matter what.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

I think the fact that it even has online at all is the only reason I would give this a spin. You can only do the single player for so long before it gets boring! It would be a blast to see how good I am compared to other people across the world! Still not sure if I will pick this up right away though since there are so many good games coming out and the games I already have I need to play!

Justaguest

Justaguest said:

why are people still paying for this game?it can be played on anything today and for free.

StephenYap3

StephenYap3 said:

I do like multiplayer games and all, but I wouldn't care if it lacks online play. If it does, cool. If it doesn't, oh well, I can do without it.

bofis

bofis said:

Too bad that's still 2-less players than Tetris DS could manage with one cart...but even so, I've never had even 8 players together for Tetris, so can't wait! It just better be as perfectly controlled as Tetris DS, which is my current ultimate Tetris version

Mr_Reece

Mr_Reece said:

Tetris has to be the most timeless game in existence. Few games still hold their appeal this much after so many years

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

It sounds like new Tetris! for the N64. Great now I really want to play that and I can't because the only person I know, that owns it lives almost 5000 miles away :(

Anyways, I can't wait for this game!

timp29

timp29 said:

3D tetris people! You can play that on the virtual boy and that's it.

ecco6t9

ecco6t9 said:

Picking this one up day 1, hopefully since Nintendo picked up the USA version it turns out a bit more polished then Tetris Party.