Ace Combat Takes 3DS to the Skies in NA on 15th November

Posted by Zach Kaplan

New screens of Assault Horizon Legacy inside

Namco Bandai has just announced a North American release date for the newly titled 3DS game Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy of 15th November. The publisher also promies touch-screen targeting and added control mechanics to dogfight and perform aerial acrobatics with ease. Carlson Choi, Vice President of Marketing, said about the game:

The three dimensional screen of the Nintendo 3DS really captures the immediate and visceral thrills of aerial combat and ACE COMBAT ASSAUL HORIZON LEGACY is the perfect showcase for that.

You can also check out six new screens below. Are you excited for this high-flying title?

zionich

zionich said:

WTH, another November game. When will companies get that we cant buy all the games we want in one month ><

Pokefanmum82

Pokefanmum82 said:

does this mean that the add-on is coming before then? because this was one of the games that you use it for

Collinhall

Collinhall said:

This looks pretty decent, if it has (decent) online play I may have to look into this!

6ch6ris6

6ch6ris6 said:

the trailer showed gameplay footage which didnt look like a typicall ace combat game so i am not hyped anymore for this game.

and this doesnt sound good:
"touch-screen targeting and added control mechanics to dogfight and perform aerial acrobatics with ease"

Wesker

Wesker said:

Could be good. I doubt Namco would do a Ubi and put out a pile of stinking you know what for the 3DS version.

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

The circle pad add-on is supposed to be compatible for this game, right? Yeah, I know it's optional but I would like the opportunity to try it out.

taffy

taffy said:

Enjoyed Ace Combat on the PSP. Now that I don't have the PSP this will be a nice addition to my soon growing 3DS collection

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

Brings back memories of F15 Strike Eagle II on my old Tandy computer, back in the dark ages.

moosa

moosa said:

The 3DS library is going to seem a lot more robust by the end of the year, that's for sure.

cheapogamer4life

cheapogamer4life said:

I'm really looking forward to this game, but online play would definitely bump this up to a day one purchase for me.

C-195

C-195 said:

When I was looking at the screen shots the phrase "Highway to the Danger Zone!" kept repeating itself in my head. This is a must buy for me!

BiasedSpring5

BiasedSpring5 said:

There's two typos (promises and assault) :). This game seems pretty cool, though I already have Starfox, so I'll have to see how much money I have when this comes out.

gamecubefan

gamecubefan said:

after pilotwings and now starfox64 i am not gonna be interested in a flying game in quite some time i would imagine. so not interested unless it gets crazy good scores from all reviewers

darkgamer001

darkgamer001 said:

Why do ppl keep comparing it to Starfox...ok so they both feature aerial combat, but that's far as comparisons go. They're two completely different games, and I'll eventually try to get both

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

If this has online, I'll pick this up along with Star Fox. That is huge and this is supposed to be a good franchise. I agree with @Darkgamer that one's a arcade flight game, the other is a sim.

Spoony_Tech

Spoony_Tech said:

Yeah LOL at the people saying I already have star fox. This game is 10 times more intense then star fox. Just the speed alone makes it more intense. This game also looks very good. Haven't played ace combat in years though so it should be a fresh experience!

chiefeagle02

chiefeagle02 said:

The big reason I'd consider this over Star Fox is, frankly, I've already played that to death on the N64 back in the day and on the Wii's Virtual Console. I also liked the Ace Combat series on the PS2, so this could be fun. I'd like to see more info when it's made available.

capitalism

capitalism said:

This is probably my most anticipated third party 3DS title coming out this year. Cant wait for some 3D dogfights!!!!!

Glade

Glade said:

Starfox... Ace Combat.... I think I'll go with this because I enjoyed one on them for the PS2

Traxx

Traxx said:

Any comment in this article including the phrase "Star Fox" in a comparative way, is so "noob". Sorry...