Something Bugs Us About This Centipede: Infestation Trailer
Posted by Trevor Chan
Time to tuck those trouser legs into your socks
Before arcade shooter Centipede: Infestation gets released on the Wii and 3DS later this year, Atari would like to open our eyes to the types of bugs we'll be disposing of via a trailer aptly named, "Bugs Trailer".
Players will take on the role of Max as they travel the wasteland that the planet has become and protect a young girl called Maisy, whose garden could be the key to saving the world. Not only will the game contain enough creepy crawlies that will make most minor celebrities scream: "Get me out of here!", Centipede: Infestation will also feature a selection of weapons that players must utilise if Maisy's garden is to be protected.
Armed with weapons that come with intimidating names like the Lightning Orb Gun, Nuke Cannon, Freezethrower, and Mine Launcher, Max will have to flex that trigger finger like there's no tomorrow if he is to exterminate the giant mutated centipedes, spiders, beetles, grubs, caterpillars and perhaps the most annoying of all, moths. Everybody hates moths, right?
The bodies of dead bugs can also be used to create power-ups and new defences such as turret guns and barricades.
- Reimagined version of the classic gaming franchise designed specifically for the Nintendo Wii and 3DS
- Explore an expansive new world with 7 environments, 40 stages and 5 boss battles
- Choose from over 20 different weapons and power-ups to battle against more than 20 different types of bugs
- Immersive storyline filled with a variety of gameplay and intrigue
- Team up with a friend to kill even more bugs with 2 player co-op multiplayer
- Unique “street pass” feature for 3DS – Unique content shared between passing Nintendo 3DS units
Centipede: Infestation is scheduled for a Wii and 3DS release this Fall.