Kirby Mass Attack Trailer Storms the Stronghold of Your Brain

Posted by James Newton

Duck and cover

The adorable pink ball of whatever-he-is, Kirby, is coming back to DS for one last appearance with Kirby Mass Attack. Nintendo has just shot over a hot slice of video footage and some screenshots too, which you can find below.

We played the game in July, so if you want to know more you can hurl yourself into our Kirby Mass Attack preview.

Kirby reaches North America on 19th September.

Blaze

Blaze said:

I suspect this will be my last DS purchase. They should have put this on 3DS! :-)

Mikau94

Mikau94 said:

Woah, the Sorcerer dude looks like Onix from Zelda Oracle of Seasons!

SuperLink

SuperLink said:

Looks great, but really weird at the same time...:P

Also, might be my last DS purchase too, but who knows...depends what games will come out.

KaiserGX

KaiserGX said:

This game has a LOT of cameos from all around the Kirby series present in the AWESOME Sub games. Past Final bosses and such in an RPG Battle kind of game, Pinball and Shoot-Em Ups. The Sub games almost look better then the main game itself.

NintyMan

NintyMan said:

I think this will be my last DS game too, and I'll even play it more on the 3DS then the DSi XL. It looks really hectic, but really fun!

PSICOffee

PSICOffee said:

God that music was terribly annoying! But the game seems fun, like a cross between Docomodake, Yoshi Touch and Go, and Pikmin, with Kirby stuff thrown in.

Doma

Doma said:

The first touch Kirby game was awesome, so this should be good.

BluTyGer

BluTyGer said:

Looks fun!
This, prof Layton, Solotorobo and maybe the aliens game made by Wayforward, will probably be my last ds games.
at least that I buy new.

Rensch

Rensch said:

This game looks interesting. (There is an overkill of Kirby on the DS by the way. Thankfully so far it's a good mix of traditional and innovative.)

eirikr

eirikr said:

I want this game so bad, but I think this game should be for Nintendo 3DS, we need a 3DS Kirby, Nintendo: then don't ask why 3DS sales are bad while you are still releasing DS games. Do an effort! I love you Nintendo, I love you!

motang

motang said:

These pink puff balls are destructive, can't wait to pick this game up!

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

Want this one so bad, I've already seen most of the Japanese version footage :)

Punny

Punny said:

Just like everyone else, this will probably be the swan song of my DS library. That, and The Last Specter. My only gripe is the music. It doesn't sound very Kirby-ish to me. Other than that, the gameplay looks crafty and imaginative. :)

Mowzle2

Mowzle2 said:

This looks so much fun!
I do hope Europe won't have to wait too long for it to be released over here.

TeeJay

TeeJay said:

I won't be getting this anytime soon, even though I want to. I bought Cave Story and Donkey Kong instead. If Kirby had come out sooner, I might have bought it.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

This looks really really great! I wasn't too excited when I first heard about it but my excitement has definitely been building since then. It looks really creative and challenging! Plus it reminds me of Pikmin which is a VERY good thing :) Between this and Professor Layton it looks like the DS isn't quite dead yet!

Henmii

Henmii said:

Awesome trailer! This will be much better then I expected!

By the way: Do you guys think it takes place in a different world? Because sooo many enemies are new to the series. I don't think it takes place in Dreamland.

sinalefa

sinalefa said:

I will be buying this one before both Kirby Wii and Starfox on the 3DS. It really looks interesting and fun. Plus I am intrigued about playing without any buttons.

Nightsider

Nightsider said:

ew this game looks bad. just my opinion. it doesn't look good to me. i just got kirby superstar ultra

SunnySnivy

SunnySnivy said:

I've never been a huge Kirby fan but I think this looks great. Will be picking it up!

Teh-Ray

Teh-Ray said:

Still with that same song, huh? I really hope the other music in this game is a lot better than that...

Gotta say, I can't wait though! I'm almost done with Pikmin 2 ( yeah, it really did take me this long to start playing it ) so another game in that vein of gameplay style may be fun while I'm still in the mood!

....Wait, why wasn't this a Pikmin game?

MeloMan

MeloMan said:

I'd pick this up at some later date but not the highest on my list. I'm getting ready for Kirby Wii personally. A Kirby party is definitely one I don't want to miss.

Blue_Yoshi

Blue_Yoshi said:

Looks like we have a Nightmare inspired villain but he actually looks more menacing than him I can only imagine how hard he will be. The editors at IGN had a hard time beating King Dedede in the beginning so its gonna be difficult and the absence of copy abilities leaves more to be desired tho I hope they at least decide to implement them in some form. We have 10 Kirbys here! Imagine if each one had a different power? This game would definitely be a mindf*ck if that were the case and it would certainly get intense.