Fans to Have Direct Input in Mega Man Legends 3 Project

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Capcom reveals what this "project" entails

When Capcom announced that they were working on a Mega Man Legends 3 project for 3DS, we took this to mean that the name of the upcoming game had yet to be decided. It's now been revealed that the word means much more; as Capcom's website explains, "'Project' is in the [working] title for a reason."

As explained at the recent New York City Comic Con by Keiji Inafune, Capcom Global Head of Production and the creator of Mega Man himself:

The usual way we make games is that game makers make games. They make the game, they put it out there, they give it to the fans, they say, "So you like it? How was it?" But for a game like this we felt that that wouldn't be enough. ...we want to make this game with you guys. We need your help.

Capcom's opened a Devroom in which fans will be able to submit, comment and vote on ideas that will be implemented into Mega Man Legends 3, according to a recent press release. The first piece of content that members will be able to vote on is the character design of a new heroine to be featured in the game, picking between nine selections, one of which was designed by Inafune himself.

Check out the Devroom and get involved, or in the meantime watch the announcement from the NYC Comic Con panel below.

[via capcom-unity.com]

KDR_11k

KDR_11k said:

I believe only one of them is designed by Inafune, each is from a different designer.

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

I wonder who I should choose...

This is cool of Capcom to let us decide.

Zach

Zach said:

She's got flying goggles, people! Flying goggles!! Well, I hope they're flying goggles... maybe I'll suggest it in the Devroom?

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

To be fair, the Inafune drawing was going to be original choice, if it weren't for the goggle chick.:P

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

Sensei (pictured) and Komaki have been the most popular choices, and they were the two I liked. If I had to choose I'd probably go for Komaki.

Alphack3r

Alphack3r said:

Man, Capcom is really interested in their fan community...I mean, for the Resident Evil/Biohazard series they make frikin movies ALL THE TIME! And Ninty gives us nuttin...oh well, at least we have Zelda fanboi's to make it all better don't we!
lol I'm totally not a Zelda fanboy <;3

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

YES KEEP THE FEATHER HEADBAND GOGGLES.

If anyone votes against those, I hate you D:

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Okay, I'm officially signed up and my vote for Miss Feather Goggles has been cast. I see that she's currently winning with a full 25% of the total votes. Sweet.:D

Peznaze

Peznaze said:

Yeah, Dr. Next-to-Youngest Child has an interesting design. Fits with their profile, too.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I AM MAKING MY PREFERENCE KNOWN.

I should probably stop writing in caps

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

Clearly Itou's girl is the number one choice, just look at her finger! Suetsugu (the girl pictured here) is the second best, though...

WaveyChristmas

WaveyChristmas said:

Yep, NL picked the best choice as well, she looks like a distant female cousin of Mega Man. Anyways, funny how Infune's actual art design looks a bit iffy compared to some of the others. :p

Gamesake

Gamesake said:

It isn't iffy-it's classic. Anyway, I hope that girl with the helmet or the one in the cape are chosen. They'd fit in best with the MM Legends world, since they both look like scavengers.

CanisWolfred

CanisWolfred said:

@WaveBoy

It looks more like a Sketch compared to the others. IMO, the design is pretty good, but I wonder if he just threw in something quick as a joke?