Even a Wii Remote or a DS Stylus Can Be a Sonic Device

Posted by Zach Kaplan

Pretend you're The Doctor even when you're not playing his games

Every fan of Doctor Who (or, simply, The Doctor) knows that he'd have a lot more trouble fighting Cybermen and Daleks without his trusty Sonic Screwdriver. It seems that no matter what the problem is, it can be solved by him pointing the device at it and acting like he's concentrating really hard as the Time Lord tool shines a light and makes a noise. Voila! Machine fixed, non-wooden door unlocked – and now, Nintendo Wii or DS manipulated.

Even if the upcoming release of Doctor Who: Return to Earth for the Wii and of Doctor Who: Evacuation Earth for the DS are as lifeless as Gallifrey (the Doctor's home planet which was destroyed in the Time War), you can bet that this amazing Sonic Screwdriver-themed Wii Remote and DS stylus will still be as cool as bow ties and fezzes. They'll be zooming to store shelves courtesy of Koch Media – presumably only to the U.K., other parts of Europe and Australia, however, as those are the only territories so far scheduled to receive the upcoming titles.

You can pick up yours before London is destroyed this Christmas.

[via reghardware.com]

Related Games

Zen

Zen said:

Awesome, i might just have to import these.

@grenworthshero - And being a member on a Nintendo news site isn't just as nerdy? Everyones a nerd here, and just like "normal people" we all have personal tastes.

grenworthshero

grenworthshero said:

Then go for it, no one's stopping you. I didn't say it was bad. I just said it was nerdy. I think buying one of those things is definitely nerdier than being on a Nintendo news site, but there's no denying everyone here is a nerd.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

Nerdy? Being a fan of Football and Baseball is what I call 'nerdy'.lol
God forbid those who wan't to experience something out of this world into fantasty land and beyond :p. If playing videogames is nerdy, than so is watching movies. You're staring at a screen for both, but with videogames you're interacting. But really 'nerdy' is a stupid word. Movies and videogames are amazing forms of entainment!

Bobpie

Bobpie said:

' It seems that no matter what the problem is, it can be solved by him pointing the device at it and acting like he's concentrating really hard as the Time Lord tool shines a light and makes a noise. Viola!'

edhe

edhe said:

Impressive!

Most tie-in peripherals are recolours (like the Goldeneye Classic pad) or cheap plastic that slots onto the wii remote. I can only imagine they'll cost a packet.

But I can't stand Doctor Who.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

That looks... really uncomfortable. And they moved the buttons around... why... WHHHHHYYYY?!?

Demonic_St33V

Demonic_St33V said:

I hate to say this, but since I spent part of my day at the office yesterday debating "Darth Vader Vs. Magneto: who would win in a fight?", I've not a leg to stand-on.... Yeah, if I lived in a region these games were being released in, I would buy two of those Wiimotes.

One to use, one to sell to some fan boy on eBay 6 months after it was released.

Chris720

Chris720 said:

@zkaplan Hmm... it looks changed to me... I'm not sure if that's because its bigger or something... it just doesn't seem right...

Zach

Zach said:

@xDemon720x It's longer on both ends and it's got that grip thing in the middle, but I think that those are the biggest changes that would affect this sort of thing. And I don't see a strap, but they probably just edited it out of the picture.

SilentJ

SilentJ said:

God I can't believe how much of a geek I am! I wasn't too excited about the Dr. Who games themselves but I want these Sonic accessories.

Arthur

Arthur said:

When I read the title I thought this had something to do with Sonic, not Dr. Who.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

If anything, I want that Epic Mickey Paint Brush Nunchuck.....And the charge station! :p

Robo-goose

Robo-goose said:

@WaveBoy
Are you saying that to get back at the jocks who gave you a swirly?
'Cause I can tell that you wouldn't survive twenty seconds of physical activities as strenuous as football. God forbid you try competitive swimming!
I do, however, agree that movies and videogames can be amazing forms of entertainment. (Me having an account on here is perfect proof of that statement.)

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Dr Who himself has always been this cool "nerdy" style character anyway. The sonic-mote looks brilliant, but will prob cost too much

the_shpydar

the_shpydar said:

Being released separately, or only bundled? If separate, then i'll definitely import it.
LOL @ the "...before London is destroyed this Christmas" bit. XD

pixelman

pixelman said:

Baaahahahahaha, that last line made me lol irl. The game will suck without David Tennant though. :(

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

"You can pick up yours before London is destroyed this Christmas". Lol.
Great article, Zach. I would never get this, but it does look awesome. I just wish the Who writers would stop overusing the Daleks and Cybermen. Make up some new monsters FGS! I get so tired of the same old unfrightening monsters. And get rid of Karen Gillan.

the_shpydar

the_shpydar said:

Get rid of Karen Gillan?! HERESY!!
(though i agree on the overuse of Daleks and Cybermen, particularly the Daleks, awesome though they may be)

LuWiiGi

LuWiiGi said:

@the shpydar I bet you only like her cos she's fit. She's really loud and shouty, and annoying.

lOnE-WolF

lOnE-WolF said:

Dear God, please send these to America. I don't care if that game end's up being shovelware. I want that stylus!

YorkshireNed

YorkshireNed said:

I'm more excited by this wiimote than I am by the rather dull looking bit of shovelware. I've got the free PC games from the BBC, unless the Wii game is much better than those, why on earth would I pay for it?