E3 2010: More Third Party Games Unveiled

Posted by James Newton

A Boy and His Blob, Sonic, Contra?!

We know your poor hearts can't take much more excitement following the revelation of the 3DS, its already-amazing catalogue of titles and the rest of the E3 hullabaloo that, let's face it, has been Nintendo's best show in years. Your heart's about to take a bit more of a pounding, though.

Nintendo's released a list of more titles due to hit the 3DS during its lifespan, and although many of them could have been predicted – Marvelous is making Harvest Moon 3D, who knew? – there are plenty of surprises in there too.

Surprises like Ninja Gaiden, Contra, three Shin Megami Tensai games and loads more too. Want the full list? Here you go: feast on it to your heart's content:

Activision Publishing, Inc.
DJ Hero® 3D

AQ INTERACTIVE
cubic ninja

ATLUS
Etrian Odyssey
Shin Megami Tensei
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor

Capcom
RESIDENT EVIL® REVELATIONS
SUPER STREET FIGHTER IV 3D Edition (name not final)

Electronic Arts

DECA SPORTS franchise
KORORINPA franchise

KONAMI
Baseball franchise
Contra franchise
Frogger franchise
HIDEO KOJIMA’S METAL GEAR SOLID SNAKE EATER 3D “The Naked Sample”
PRO EVOLUTION SOCCER franchise / WINNING ELEVEN franchise

LEVEL-5
Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (name not final)

Majesco Entertainment
BloodRayne: The Shroud
A Boy and His Blob
Face Racers: Photo Finish
Lion’s Pride: Adventures on the Serengeti
Martha Stewart
WonderWorld Amusement Park

Marvelous Entertainment
BOKUJYOUMONOGATARI 3D (name not final)

NAMCO BANDAI Games
Dragon Ball® franchise (name not final)
Gundam® franchise (name not final)
PAC-MAN™ & GALAGA™ (name not final)
RIDGE RACER® (name not final)
Super Robot franchise (name not final)

Nintendo
Animal Crossing™
Kid Icarus™: Uprising
Mario Kart™
nintendogs™ + cats
Paper Mario™
PilotWings Resort™
Star Fox 64™ 3D
Steel Diver™

ROCKET
Crash-City GP
VS-robo

SEGA
Sonic (name not final)
Super Monkey Ball (name not final)

SQUARE ENIX
CODENAME: Chocobo Racing® 3D
DRAGON QUEST® franchise
FINAL FANTASY® franchise
KINGDOM HEARTS franchise

Take-Two Interactive
Carnival Games® franchise

TECMO KOEI GAMES
DEAD OR ALIVE® 3D (name not final)
DYNASTY WARRIORS® (name not final)
NINJA GAIDEN® (name not final)
SAMURAI WARRIORS® 3D (name not final)

TOMY
LOVELY LISA 3D
NARUTO SHIPPUDEN ACTION

THQ
de Blob 2
Kung Fu Panda Kaboom of Doom
Marvel Super Hero Squad Infinity Gauntlet
The Penguins of Madagascar
Puss N Boots
Saints Row: Drive-By

Ubisoft
Assassin’s Creed™ Lost Legacy
Battle of Giants™: Dinosaur Strike
Driver® Renegade
Hollywood 61 (name not final)
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon™
Tom Clancy’s Splinter Cell Chaos Theory™

Warner Bros
Batman franchise
LEGO franchise

And this is only a partial list. Time to start checking those sofas for lost change.

DamoAdmin

Damo said:

The launch for this machine is going to be incredible.

King_Boo

King_Boo said:

so the 3DS will have 3 or 4 straight months on non stop games coming out.

Mizore

Mizore said:

bashes head against desk Just give me a release date of this thing already! xD

Terra

Terra said:

Only a Partial list? Seriously? I think I may also have a heart attack after yet another joygasm. :O

grumblegrumble

grumblegrumble said:

Wow. I really love that color and the style of the system itself. OK. I know this has been probably asked a million times but I don't see any info on it: Will we be able to carry over our downloaded dsiware games onto this new system or off the SD carts? I have heard they are tied to the hardware itself but I refuse to believe it. :-/ Any official word yet?

JGMR

JGMR said:

Contra. Ninja Gaiden, Pilotwings, Final Fantasy, Pacman & Galaga...wo hooooo!

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

Just amazing! I can finally play Street Fighter 4, AND on the go! I can't wait!!

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

3DS should be bundled with either a New Super Mario Bros. game or a Tetris game like the olden days. Then you'll see the end of the PSP.

But if not, I'm buying a 3DS regardless. Any self-respecting gamer will. It's... love in the a handheld. :)

ReZon

ReZon said:

This list is absolutely incredible. I was reading through it saying "holy crap." Just.. incredible.

bullet7105

bullet7105 said:

awesome, amazing, wonderful, marvelous, outstanding, spectacular, beautiful, and incredible.....just a FLAWLESS list of games :D

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

Noice. I guess they're not releasing it with a Mario platformer to show some love for 3rd parties. Exciting.

Also, on e3.nintendo.com, they mentioned that the 3DS was inspired by luigi's mansion played on a 3D screen they rigged up, wonder if we'll be seeing a port or remake of that at some point.

3DS

3DS said:

OM..........................................................G THINK AM ABOUT TO HAVE MY 10 000 HEART ATTACK

Fuzzy

Fuzzy said:

A Boy and His Blob on the 3DS. That will look awesome! Also interested to see what Dragon Quest game they will come up with.

Karakato

Karakato said:

Dam... I try to resist this feeling, but I can't hold on any longer... My urges are growing for every new game announced for this handheld. Please, my wallet can't take any more punishment.

piguy101

piguy101 said:

No Mario and Luigi Bowsers Inside Story 2? Who else is going to preorder a 3DS like me?

jangonov

jangonov said:

I bought a DSi on lauch day, but I want this. I am pre-ordering on day 1 to pick it up as early as possible

firecookie29

firecookie29 said:

now I have a heat attack. havent even had my Metal Gear PSP and NOW I get second thoughts... MAN am I stupid!

Markystal

Markystal said:

I've had my head explode, brains spew all over the place, eyes melt, wind pipes fly out, come my ba**s off, had seizure like symptoms, asthma attacks, heart attacks, and moments of temporary insanity all in 1 day because of this conference's WIN. I've become the living poster boy for the result of too much WIN. The console itself was awesome enough, but all these game announcements and this lineup are just too much for my weak human body to handle. Nintendo, I'm sorry for doubting the 3ds at first, I have always been faithful to you and knew this day would come, but this might be too much to handle. All hail Nintendo, they've been back since this year's beginning with games like Monster Hunter and Galaxy 2, but this just officially declared Nintendo's return to it's original fan base. I think Nintendo may have just started new religion. All are welcome (casuals) and the truly faithful (hardcore) will be blessed to no end (E3 2010, 3ds). May Nintendo's new reign last a long time. AMEN!

HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel said:

P-P-P-Persona?! Is that a remake of Revelations: Persona, like the PSP one? Or is it Persona 5? Excited much!