Capcom Not Ruling Out Marvel vs. Capcom 3 on Wii

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Don't hold your breath, though

During E3, Joystiq had a few words with Marvel vs Capcom 3 producer Ryota Niitsuma about the upcoming game and the Vs. series in general, leading to a few probes about why the Wii was left out. According to Niitsuma, Capcom just wants to spread the fight love.

Well, [after Tatsunoko vs. Capcom], we felt now it's time to do a Vs game on Xbox 360 and PS3. It was just a matter of deciding we wanted to work with those consoles. There's no mindset, personally, within Capcom where we want to go out of our way to avoid Wii or do it only on Wii this time. It's just the flow of development.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the Wii will be entirely left out of the loop in the future, he said, but it's not their focus at the time.

Well, we can't get into any specifics, but all I can is that the game we made right now, as it is, it's for Xbox 360 and PS3. We want to see how it does and maybe see where we'll take it from there.

Considering the license and Capcom's fighting game pedigree, MvC3 will in all likelihood do quite well. The game is still a year off, and any potential announcement of a Wii version would most likely not be until well after that, if at all.

Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 doesn't use the same engine as Tatsunoko did, instead built on the company's made-for-multiplatform MT Framework engine. In October 2009 it was reported by Japanese newspaper Nikkei Industrial that Capcom had plans to bring the engine over to Wii, but no new developments have surfaced from it yet.

[via joystiq.com]

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

This game looked amazing at E3. Every time I passed by Capcom's booth, I had to stop and watch a few minutes of people playing it. I'll definitely be picking it up for my Xbox 360 when it's released next year.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I don't see why this cannot be on Wii. Even if they don't adapt MT for Wii they could certainly rework the game to use the same engine as Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom.

I seriously hope that Dr. Strange will be in the game (since Dormammu is in it would be criminal to leave him out - besides he knows martial arts!).

Shiryu

Shiryu said:

I can't see a reason nto to have this and quite a few others games ported on the Wii, but im sure Capcom must know why they're not doing it...

Chile

Chile said:

For some reason I believe this will be coming out for the 3DS & not the Wii.

RaylaxStaff

Raylax said:

I bought Tatsunoko VS Capcom today. I don't really 'get it' yet (I'm button-mashing lols) but it's pretty awesome.
6-year-olds that can destroy 20ft robots with broomsticks FTW

MasterGraveheart

MasterGraveheart said:

Capcom... you guys brought out TATSUNOKO vs. Capcom for the Wii, it sold like hotcakes, no one knew who the heck Tatsunoko even was, and it remains one of the most played games on the platform... so what do you think would happen if Marvel vs. Capcom 3 came out for the Wii?

Egg_miester

Egg_miester said:

theres no reason for capcom not to put on mvc3 on the wii just like with re5 but who knows on what capcom will do, anyways i am more then happy with tvc and if we are lucky capcom will give the wii exclusive tvc series

DAaaMan64

DAaaMan64 said:

Warning, MVC3 would significantly worse on Wii. I mean, there entire style would likely get lost unless they hired a TEV programmer.

dizzy_boy

dizzy_boy said:

actualy, i`d love to see capcom make a cross over just featuring their in house brands. somrthing like dark stalkers vs rival schools vs street fighter, would be pretty cool.

kevohki

kevohki said:

No thanks. Getting it for PS3. TvC was built for the Wii which is why it was good. MvC3 would be a watered down port. Wii ports = terribly bad compared to the originals.

LordJumpMad

LordJumpMad said:

Well, I'm Glad to hear that Most of you really did Play Tatsunoko vs Capcom, (or TvC for short).

I love playing TvC, It made me a Fan a big Fan of Street Fighter, and I had to get Super Street Fighter 4 for my 360, and i love that too.

But, If MvC3 is Coming to the Wii, it will be down Graded to run the game.

But Wii owners who don't have a 360/PS3 will be sad if they can't get it.
This is one Game, that took 10 Years in the making, that you don't want to miss.

other then that, I know most people here in NL, can't beat me in any type of Street Fighter game if they Try.

Caliko

Caliko said:

im glad im not back at wiichat. If this article came up you'd get so much "but teh Wii graphx is fail, cant run marvel vs. capcom, its ps2 graphx."

siavm

siavm said:

It is not coming to wii. Just like lost planet, bionic commando (retail and download), mvc2, dark void, and re5. Just get another system to play it when it comes out. I am getting the ps3 version.

Splat

Splat said:

The 3DS is not even out yet and I'm all ready sick of it, I want this on the Wii.

WaveBoy

WaveBoy said:

The only advantage of having this on the Wii is that you would get to use the 'handle-less' classic controller which imo beats the crap out of a 360 pad(especially) or dual shock for fighting games.

postmanX3

postmanX3 said:

Well, anyone "serious" enough to care about fighting games really ought to have something other than a Wii anyways... Tatsunoko vs Capcom was a fluke, really. A fantastic fluke, but a fluke nevertheless.

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

I may get a 360 just to play this game. I found an arcade deck of Marvel vs. Capcom 2, and I spent $30 in coins on that sucker. And it was worth every minute of it.

motang

motang said:

That would be a nice addition to my Wii library sitting right next Tatsunoko vs. Capcom! :D

UrbanYeti

UrbanYeti said:

I don't have a playstation 3 or an Xbox 360, and I have typed in Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Wii on Google almost every day for the past 2 months. This might push me to get an Xbox

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

Well, if they're saying it's fair to get MvC3 for the PS3 and 360 because the Wii has TvsC, then what about Street Fighter 4? Wii didn't get that one...

Acidfoxdyi831

Acidfoxdyi831 said:

yes please!!!
it would b jus another reason why i wont really need to buy another system
MvC3 on wii
yes sirr um down for it

Adam

Adam said:

They said the same thing about Street Fighter 4, and I don't see that on Wii yet, so no, I'm not holding my breath.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

I wouldn't be surprised if Resident Evil Revelations made it's way to Wii in a basic port form. It plays in the RE4/5 style after all.

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

I am not "serious" enough to get another console just to play a fighting game, but I would still like to see this on the Wii.

Boonehams

Boonehams said:

I seem to remember Capcom saying something very similar about Resident Evil 5... and Street Fighter 4. [looks at watch] Third time's the charm...?

Then again, due to the outcry from fans, we all got Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom outside of Japan. (Not only that, but it was a superior version with more characters and better balance.) Maybe we should try yelling at Capcom again for MVC3.

komicturtle

komicturtle said:

Maybe keep MvC3 on the 360 and PS3. I only have a Wii and thoroughly enjoyed TvC.

But I'd really like to see Nintendo vs Capcom. Now THAT will outsell
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 no doubt. The produce was also talking about that possibility too- and how he wanted Mario in a Vs. Capcom game. Let it happen. As a matter of fact, after MvC3, work with Nintendo and seal the deal.. Please D:

Rerun

Rerun said:

I hope this makes it over to the Wii. Tatsunoko vs. Capcom proved that there are fans of the fighting game genre on the Wii.

Acidfoxdyi831

Acidfoxdyi831 said:

yea ...no ways im buyin a new system for this. not wastin money like that yeah its games on ps3 not really 360 that i want but....no way.