Now You Can Buy That Goomba Head You've Always Wanted

Posted by James Newton

"But Goombas don't really have heads," you say

You know Goombas, right? Mushroom things from the Mushroom Kingdom that get flattened very easily. Well, yes, but you may remember they looked a little different in the classic Super Mario Bros. movie: in fact, you'll probably never forget that unbelievable film. Now you can keep a piece of that unforgettable character with your very own bust.

It's not clear whether this is a genuine model used in the production of the film or simply a convincing replica, but it would certainly be a breathtaking centrepiece for any dinner party and potentially a valuable piece of art in the future.

The bidding starts at just $150, with five available to buy. Why not get all your Christmas shopping done now?

[via cgi.ebay.com]

irken004

irken004 said:

I always thought the movie versions were just Goombas with bodies, since the game versions only had a head and legs (and possibly wings, helmets, etc.)

Rensch

Rensch said:

'Unforgetable' sure describes this movie.... as in a trauma you never get out of your head.

WildMan

WildMan said:

That doesn't even look like a goomba. Goes to show how horrible the movie was!

Kawaiipikachu

Kawaiipikachu said:

Sort of freaky without the colouring but still a nice item from an underrated movie.
The Super Mario Bros. movie is a nice movie & i even own a copy of the DVD here.

WaveWarlock

WaveWarlock said:

The goomba's in the Super Mario Bros. Movie are truly memorable indeed. And yep, the movie is so bad it's good :p

XCWarrior

XCWarrior said:

I would pay $15 for it. $150, not so much.
And there is only one question to ask when you think of the Super Mario Bros movie - Great movie OR Greatest movie?

SMEXIZELDAMAN

SMEXIZELDAMAN said:

OMG that is so beautiful!
so the movie's called Super Mario Bros.? I'll have to pick that up and lol at it with my buddies :P

Collinhall

Collinhall said:

Oh god, that brought back sooooo many disturbing images in my mind that I was trying so hard to forget!

Bass_X0

Bass_X0 said:

That doesn't even look like a goomba

Because an accurate looking Goomba would be taken much more seriously and be threatening?

KyubiStewie

KyubiStewie said:

That thing scared the living sh*t out of me when I was a kid. And yes, it does deserve the "OH GOD MY EYES" tag.

ShinRPGGamer

ShinRPGGamer said:

@fishman100 In my opinion this flim is one of the worst I have ever watched but I can't help but laugh at it.
(but does making a british actor, Bob Hoskins and a Colombian actor, John Leguizamo play Italian plumbers make sense to Anyone!?)

opeter

opeter said:

To be honest, I liked the movie. It had something dark in it (gothic, emo, whatever you call it today). With all that pizza-chess-type of a mushroom around the city. It was horroristic!