Get Heard on the Nintendo Life Podcast!

Posted by James Newton

What are your hopes for E3? Let us know!

It's just over three weeks until Nintendo's big E3 show on June 15th when we'll finally get our first look at the new Legend of Zelda, the 3DS and plenty of other surprises too.

We'll be starting to get into the E3 spirit from Monday June 7th when the next episode of the Nintendo Life podcast will be available. What we really want to know, however, is what you want to see at E3 this year.

What announcement would make your E3 complete?

Whatever you can think of, let us know: email it to the podcast team, Tweet it to us on Twitter or leave a voicemail on our Skype account nintendolife.

Check back on June 7th when our pre-E3 podcast will be available.

Denkou

Denkou said:

i wanna see the third myster mario game "that is not new super mario bros wii or super mario galaxy 2" that reggie talked about. everyone else seems to have forgotton about it... also more details on sonic 4 and hopefully a new smash bros game. can ya tell im obsessed?

Olorin

Olorin said:

I'm hoping for some info on the wiiware demo's. The test period ended several months ago now and it would be nice if they roll out the full demo system soon.

Philip_J_ReedStaff

Philip_J_Reed said:

That'd be Pikmin 3, definitely one of Nintendo's most interesting franchises, and one I really don't think they should ignore. Ignoring F-Zero makes sense if they're favoring Mario Kart, and ignoring Star Fox is fine if all they were going to do was turn it into Zelda's half-cooked younger brother, but Pikmin was unique, and there's lots of room for that idea to evolve, unencumbered by comparison.

Oh, and a post-Wind Waker Zelda that isn't a) portable or b) awful.

KiroX777

KiroX777 said:

i want a new mario rpg. if they can make super mario galaxy 2 so sexy then a supermario rpg remake would be lovely. but one problem is square enix. maybe a "smash bros 4 DS" that would be crazy. we're also in need of a new console. i just want to see the so called "highly detailed graphics" in the 3ds that is my top priority so far. all nintendo does is talk the talk but never develop the develop. it better be over 8 gb nice sized screens and powerful i want ipad/ HD console looking games on my 3DS.

i NEED some sexy graphics to enjoy the already fun games the ds has to offer 3x as more (with the ability to boast to sony/microsoft fans and make them defect to Nintendo) call of duty on ds can be sooo much more with a better processor, graphics, and higher internal memory 8gb must be minimum. we can have mappacks and stuff. idk what is it about nintendo to intentionally leave out cool stuff that we will obviously enjoy
smh the wii, most games they put out, and their accessories (like wiispeak) are examples. its usually too little too late, but they can change their attitude at e3...
fingers crossed

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

While the 3DS and Zelda have dominated my dreams as of late, I'd love to see a new Pikmin game and a remake of Link to the Past on 3DS. I'd even settle for a new Kid Icarus game (that's never coming) and maybe a 3DS system that I can take home with me from the show. :D

[shameless plug]J-Man and I just got through having a great chat about the upcoming E3 show and you'll be able to check that out on the podcast as well. [/shameless plug]

Adam

Adam said:

I want to see a Zelda-like game set on Wuhu Island with a soundtrack by the Sugarhill Gang.

Dammit, Orlick, I said stay in your cage.

Ahem, I meant to say: one new Fire Emblem, on Wii please. I'll accept an imminent release date of Dragon Quest 10 as a suitable substitute, though.

Deviant_Mugen

Deviant_Mugen said:

I'd love it if Nintendo would announce that Other M's release date was being bumped up to at least July. Another thing that would floor me is the announcement that Metroid Dread does exist and it's a proper 2D Metroid that takes place after Metroid Fusion and will be either a launch title or close to it for the 3DS...

@Corbie: You spend some quality time playing the final version of Other M so you can bring back a detailed report for me, okay? :P

pokemonzrpg

pokemonzrpg said:

Although almost impossible, A Luigi's Mansion 2 or new Paper Mario would be nice. I also would like an excellent DBZ game, and am I the only one who wants a MySims Agents 2?

Token_Girl

Token_Girl said:

A 3DS with 3D gameplay that works well with the announcement of DSiWare transfer capability.

This would be acceptable for me to enjoy E3, if they announced a 3DS Virtual Handheld, a Zelda trailer, and a new Pikmin or Star Fox game, that's be pretty good too.

SuperMarioFan1995

SuperMarioFan1995 said:

Another 2D Mario would be great for me. I am a big fan of those games, and it would be nice to see the next one announced. I really want the Tanooki, Frog and Hammer Suit returned, and possibly the cape feather from SMW. :)

The next Zelda should have more dungeons, items, and a higher difficulty system. At least that's what I'm hoping for. :)

Gogata

Gogata said:

I really want the 3DS to be revealed and everything it can do. Also I wanna know the launch titles and backwards compatibility... I wish that you can transfer your DSi Ware games on it...

TheBaconator

TheBaconator said:

Star Fox, Kirby, F-Zero, Pikmin, Chibi Robo, Earthbound, or any other under-used Nintendo franchises getting a game would be good enough for me.

Majora

Majora said:

As I said in the forum:

For Wii: Star Fox Universe, Pikmin 3: Olimar Big Adventure, The Legend of Zelda: The Fallen Kingdom, F-Zero Revolution, Lugi's Mansion 2, Animal Crossing: Welcome to my Country, and a big update for the system menu (PAL 60Hz Virtual Console mode, skins, Nintendo Community Channel...)
For Wii (3rd party): Okami 2, Dragon Quest X, Final Fantasy VI remake, Kingdom Hearts 3, and Kingdom Hearts Collection
For DS: Ninokuni
For 3DS: Super Mario Bros. 3D, Paper Mario: The Third Dimension, and Virtual Handheld channel (GameBoy, Virtual Boy and GameGear games)

I wish ;-)

McGruber

McGruber said:

Someone on here said Luigi's Mansion 2 is almost impossible. I am actually half expecting it to show up as a title (launch) for the 3DS. Why? Because a while back it was reported that Nintendo updated the patents for it or something like that, and the ghosts and the way the original looked would work PERFECTLY for 3D.

Phobos

Phobos said:

For the Nintendo 3DS, I'd love to see... New Super Mario Bros. 3DS, Luigi's Mansion 3DS, Mario Kart 3DS, Super Smash Bros. Brawl 3DS, Star Fox 3DS, Kid Icarus 3DS (Yes, we need this! Get back in the game, Pit!), The Legend of Zelda 3DS, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Third World [3DS] (maybe a follow-up to FFCC: Echoes of Time) and Animal Crossing 3DS (I'd love this).

On the technical side, maybe an inbuilt wireless access point for wireless fidelity internet connections (Wi-Fi) for those of us who don't have easy access to it, and backwards compatibility with other Nintendo handheld predecessors, and of course, wireless transfer of our DSiWare to the 3DS (personally, I feel this isn't a must). Nothing here for other consoles from me. Just the 3DS. :D

Sean_Aaron

Sean_Aaron said:

Bally Pinball Classics or Williams Pinball Classics Volume 2 (would have to have Defender, Firepower 2 and Cyclone at a minimum).

Feld0

Feld0 said:

smashbrawler331 wrote:

"i wanna see the third myster mario game 'that is not new super mario bros wii or super mario galaxy 2' that reggie talked about. everyone else seems to have forgotton about it..."

Putting all the pieces of the puzzle together, it makes sense for this to be the next Yoshi platformer.

Every 3D Mario game has had a corresponding 2D one so far:
Super Mario Bros. = Super Mario 64 (a revolution; kicked off the series)
Super Mario Bros. 2: The Lost Levels = Super Mario 64 DS (same game, but more levels)
Super Mario Bros. 2 (the "American" one) = Super Mario Sunshine (the "odd one out")
Super Mario Bros. 3 = Super Mario Galaxy (a return to form; harkens back to the original, but introduces a crapload of new stuff that boggles the mind)
Super Mario World = Super Mario Galaxy 2 (in a way, more of its predecessor; retains same basic mechanics, but has a different set of power-ups and [re-]introduces Yoshi)
Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island = this mysterious third Mario game

It all makes sense, doesn't it? They can even give it a gimmicky name like Super Mario Galaxy 3DS: Yoshi's Planet, Yoshi's Island 3DS, or something like that.

This may be the more exploratory 3D Mario game everyone wants. They could replace the "galaxies" with "planets"; less-linear, more open worlds that beg to be explored so one can find all the little collectibles, like the original Yoshi's Island.

Besides, on the SMG2 start screen, you see Yoshi flying around on his own, separately from Mario and the luma. If they wanted to go for a cinematic effect, they would separate the luma from Mario, too, but there has to be a reason Yoshi is flying off on his own, especially when you take into account that you never, EVER see him doing his own thing anywhere in the game or the artwork. I like to think of it as a sign of things to come...

Gawd; I sound crazy, don't I?