Pop+ Solo Release Dates Announced

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Pop+ Solo is go for launch on DSiWare!

Nnooo has just announced that their upcoming DSiWare release Pop+ Solo is coming to DSiWare in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the UK on August 21st and in North America on August 24th. The title will also only set you back a paltry 500 Nintendo Points.

You can check out the official press release below for a taste of what you can expect from this unique DSiWare release.

Nnooo are proud to announce that Pop+ Solo™ has been approved for release in both Europe and North America for Nintendo DSiWare™. Pop+ Solo will launch on August 24th in Americas and August 21st in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and the UK for 500 Wii Points™.

In Pop+ Solo not only are users tasked with popping bubbles to make long chains and trying to keep the timer alive but also in a first for the series Nnooo have introduced a new Adventure mode with four boss battles. Players can now play through 16 waves of popping action with bosses interrupting the flow to try to stop players in their tracks.

"Pop+ Solo features eight main modes each of which are unlocked as the player collects more badges or progresses through each mode. Training, Normal, Advanced and Chill have been carried over from the popular WiiWare™ version while Adventure, Challenges, Timed and Bonus modes are new additions to this version. We think users will be really excited with all the new content we have added." said Nic Watt, Creative Director, Nnooo.

Adventure mode introduces the aformentioned boss battles as well as mines which detonate after a countdown to set of a chain reaction; jets of water which push the bubbles about and golden fish which the player can pop for loads of points!

Challenge mode allows users to choose a mode and wave and then set a score and time threshold to test or practice their skills on; Timed mode tasks the player with trying to progress as far and score as high as she can can within the set time limit and finally Bonus mode allows players to take on each bonus round in a series of progressively more difficult rounds.

Pop+ Solo is the latest version of Pop™ the popular bubble popping and score attack game first introduced on WiiWare. Nnooo have now successfully introduced this franchise to gamers on Wii™, iPhone™, iPod Touch™ and now the Nintendo DSi™.

We'll keep you informed of any new Pop+ Solo developments and we'll have a full review of the game shortly after its release.

Popyman

Popyman said:

The same thing will happen to me on Monday...So expect Cave Story or something else awesome to come out =P

Cryptonic

Cryptonic said:

exactly 1 week before school!!
no more waiting!!! wait except for waiting for the 24th

SonicMaster

SonicMaster said:

My school's been going since the 6th. :p Just because a game is released during the school year doesn't mean you can't have a lot of fun with it.

ASDFGHJKL

ASDFGHJKL said:

It just means you cant play it to a majority of your day being consumed to responsibility. Every year there is more work. it becomes overwhelming. You have the weekends to use it, but there is so much you want to get done during the weekends, not mentioning projects and longer homeworks. Just wait till higher education. Or maybe my school is just hard on me...

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I'm just bummed I won't get to review it. It was my most anticipated DSiWare title. :(

Cheezy

Cheezy said:

I'm glad at least we finally get to know! And I get to spend a week with it before school starts the following Tuesday :)

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

If a game is released in Europe first, a European reviewer gets it. I'll still be grabbing this one on day one. I loved the WiiWare version. Still one I go back to often.

Nnooo

Nnooo said:

@Corbie That is a shame man :( For us it was the best way to get the dates as close together as possible.

To everyone else can we push the Internet Channel off the number one slot for a week :P Doubtful I know but it would be awesome!

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

It's alright Nic. I'm just glad the game is almost here. I wish you luck with the launch of the game. It looks great!

astarisborn94

astarisborn94 said:

Aw, this had to come on the first day of school for me. Oh well, it's still a good way to start. Hopefully, WiiWare and especiallly Virtual Console will follow suit (Probably will, since Star Wars games are still coming to the Virtual Console.).

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I could, but I don't like to detract from the reviews on the site. I generally review non-Nintendo stuff on the blog.

brandonbwii

brandonbwii said:

Is it wrong to be looking forward to myNotebook more than this? I didn't care for the iphone demo.

y2josh

y2josh said:

Lots of people still in school here. lol. If I had a DSi I would DL this day 1

Objection

Objection said:

That's a good price point. It looks like they added a lot of material for this semiquel.

lockd

lockd said:

finally lol i have been waiting for this forever and i will (try to) download it on the 1st 2 minutes it comes out!!!

and also my school starts september 7th...

Nnooo

Nnooo said:

@lockd It is what I cry out when I lose at games :P Or when I cannot believe how cool something is!

Roopa132

Roopa132 said:

Yay my school doesn't beginn until the 14th September :P so I'll have a lot of fun with it. This will be my first DSiWare title I pay for :P Except Mario vs Donkey Kong or Mighty Flip Champs come out before it, what I doubt ;)

Wiiloveit

Wiiloveit said:

Well, this is good news, but what's with all the varying dates for starting school across America? Crazy yanks, going to school in August...

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

Still don't understand the excitement for this particular title. The WiiWare version is by far my least favorite of the 40+ I currently own, though I suppose maybe the direct tapping controls of the stylus would crank up the fun level of this one up to where it should have been originally. It just doesn't play well as a console title. Here's hoping this DSiWare release will be different.

Nnooo

Nnooo said:

@jockolantern We have added a lot more to the DSiWare version such as boss battles, new bonus rounds and quite a few modes. We think there is more depth and longevity to it :)

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

"With this, the Metroid Trilogy, and Professor Layton 2, August 24th is going to be awesome."
Almost too awesome, lol. I plan on getting all three of these titles.

lockd

lockd said:

i just remembered im going to oregon on the 24th... i need something to entertain me on the 7 hour drive....

Terra

Terra said:

This should be a lot better than the WiiWare version, as the controls (IMO) would be more suited on the DS. I was never interested in the WiiWare version but this one has my interest

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

YYYYYEEESSSS!!!!

The WiiWare version was brilliantly addictive simple fun and was generally reviewed well as far as I know. I can't wait for solo!

SanderEvers

SanderEvers said:

My DSi currently @ Nintendo for repairs (non-working R-button)

But I'll download this (and FlipNote Studio) as soon as I get it back.

Kenji510

Kenji510 said:

Nice!! Ill be getting both of those for sure and other games as well. :D

"My buy games list"
Pop+Solo (DSiWare)
Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii)
Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3)
Dissidia Final Fantasy (PSP)

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

I've been waiting for this for like forever! It was a launch title on Wiiware, and when I first heard about it for DSi, I thought it would also be available at launch. No such luck, but it's nice to have a release date. I just hope Nintendo don't botch up the release like they have done so in the past.