Last Chance To Cash In On Those US Club Nintendo Rewards

Posted by Jon Wahlgren

Platinum and gold members, hop to it!

Oh, the decisions US Platinum-level Club Nintendo members have to make. Mario hat or Doc Louis' Punch Out!!?

If you're a Gold member, the decision is much easier since you only get the option of a 2010 Animal Crossing-themed calendar. Still, if you're eligible and haven't cashed in on this yet, you might want to get on that as today is the last day to do so.

So the question is simple: Mario hat or Doc Louis' Punch Out!!?

warioswoods

warioswoods said:

I went for the hat, because I need a permanent and tangible reminder of just how much money I threw at Nintendo over the past year.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

I got the game, and so should anyone who likes Punch-Out!! even in the slightest. Oh, and Jonathan, the first mention of Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! spells his name "Lous."

ShadoWolF_XF

ShadoWolF_XF said:

I got the hat, mainly because it claims it is "one size fits all" which usually DOESN'T fit me when it comes to hats.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Mr_G

Mr_G said:

Damnit i picked the hat the moment they were anounced and then i realised that the punch out game sounds much better, now nintendo wont let me change it even though they havent sent the hat.

Bahamut_ZERO

Bahamut_ZERO said:

I chose Punch-Out, it's the only way I can get it, I can jus tbuy the hat off eBay or something.

Tails

Tails said:

bought the hat cause sorry to say i'm not a fan of the Punch out series :(

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

"Not a very tough decision for me as I have 2 platinum Club Nintendo accounts! :D"
You disgust me.
"This was probably one of the toughest decisions I have ever made. Is that bad?"
Same here. But yeah, that's probably bad.
"bought the hat cause sorry to say i'm not a fan of the Punch out series :("
You should be very sorry to say that. Jk.

geek-master

geek-master said:

so i went for the calender im only a gold member :( im sure that would have changed if they alowed my wii to give me club nintendo points :(

Slapshot

Slapshot said:

Ill prob just sell the hat on ebay so you guys can buy mine. Ill then buy a game with the profits. ;)

HappyHappy

HappyHappy said:

Juampi

Juampi said:

It was a really tough decision for me, but I ended up choosing the hat. I'm not really sure the game is worth it if it's just a single battle.

Odnetnin

Odnetnin said:

"I am getting the Punch-Out!! game. I can't wait to beat Doc for giving me lame advice. "Join Club Nintendo today Mac." Why would I think of that when I am getting my face pounded by crazy boxers."
Because then you can go online, register games, choose Doc Louis' Punch-Out!!, and then beat him up for giving you the advice in the first place. It's quite an interesting paradox.

tripunktoj

tripunktoj said:

Hey! Is there anyone here who would sell me his/her unused wii download number for this game? Seriously, since Club Nintendo isnt available in my country and I am a collector.

James

James said:

@7.Alejandro_Talavera - I don't think the download code will work as it's region specific.

I held one of those Mario cushions the other day and they're quite nice, although I was disappointed I couldn't wear it on my head.

mjc0961

mjc0961 said:

Hat, easily. I have no desire to pick up a 1 level game that should just be on WiiWare.

Starwolf_UK

Starwolf_UK said:

I have a feeling the Punch-Out will be avaialble somewhere down the line (plus can't it be gifted?). Look at the Game & Watch Collections. If I'm not mistaken they are being torn apart and shoved onto DSiWare.

Then again, look at Exclamation Warriors and Tingle's Balloon fight...

LittleIrves

LittleIrves said:

Whoa. I thought the calendar was a general Nintendo-themed one, and not just Animal Crossing... this is a concern of mine, since I'm only a lowly Gold member, (No jokes, please) and not a huge AC guy. Any clarification?

StarDust4Ever

StarDust4Ever said:

Hat all the wayy!!! Seriously, there has never been an officially liscensed Mario hat. Every one I've ever seen was fan made...

I cashed in 800 points for the hanafunda card set, earing me platinum status in the process, and was overhoyed when I found out about the hat --- Punchout just doesn't interest me that much; I want something red and tangible to go with my overalls!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

TKOWL

TKOWL said:

the punch out game is just one fighter, only for the die-hards
so i got the hat bc im a die hard mario fan

stokley316

stokley316 said:

The gold status reward was down right Terrible. I wrote nintendo and told them to keep the $&?! Calendar and I suggest more people do the same.

Link79

Link79 said:

Wait a minute, I'm confused. Wasn't there an article on this site a while back that said we have until june 30 to register with club Nintendo to claim these prizes? Now you are saying today is the deadline? Somebody clear this up for me. I haven't registered yet so am I too late?