Max & the Magic Marker Trailer and Screenshots

Posted by Corbie Dillard

Check out the game in action!

Press Play has just released a brand new trailer for their upcoming WiiWare release Max & the Magic Marker.

Below is a bit of information about the game and you can also check out the first world of the game in action in the trailer below.

Max & the Magic Marker is a physics based 2D platform game, in which the player controls the boy Max and his Magic Marker. While Max enables good old platforming fun, the marker pro vides the game’s signature feature: the ability for the player to draw directly inside the game world where everything drawn becomes physical objects. This feature is used to complete levels and overcome challenges but it also provides the player with a unique tool that in itself is fun to play around with.

The objective of the Max project is:

• To reinvent and celebrate the 2D platformer
  • To make a game that you can play with – not just play
  • To utilize the drawing mechanic in an speedy action game
  • To make a game that is for everyone

We'll have more information on Max & the Magic Marker as it becomes available, as well as a full review of the title once it hits the WiiWare service.

[via youtube.com]

Dicesukeinuzuka

Dicesukeinuzuka said:

oh its a face the two "T's" on each side are eyes that have tears and the "A" is the mouth, its a sad face.

accc

accc said:

"ttatt" is supposed to look like a face? what drugs are you on? Anyway, this game looks amazing.

TeMPO

TeMPO said:

I've been waiting for a new trailer for this game for quite a while now. Looks bloody brilliant!

odd69

odd69 said:

Wow another platformer for wiiware. Between this, Super Meatboy,3 Musketeers and Cave story i'll have my hands full . I will have a very empty wallet if Nintendo keeps releasing all this gaming goodness.

Doogle

Doogle said:

Now this looks quite interesting, it's nice to see some innovation on WiiWare for a change, not just shovelware puzzlers.

JimLad

JimLad said:

The drawing parts remind me of the DS homebrew game: Crayon Physics
if anyone has played that.
Looks awesome.
I know I say this with every user-created content game but, I really hope they include freestyle mode, possibly with WiFi sharing.

Victoria

Victoria said:

This looks like another great one. I wish games like these would hurry up and come out already. They're just teasing us.