Box Art: Metroid Prime Trilogy

Posted by Darren Calvert

Take a look at the delicious Collector’s edition

Our good pals over at Nintendo just sent over some sweet images of the box art for the upcoming Metroid Prime Trilogy: Collector’s Edition which you can see in our gallery below.

Exclusive bonus content includes:

• Collector’s edition metal packaging
  • Special Metroid Prime Trilogy art booklet
  • 16x9 wide screen presentation
  • New Wii controls for Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 2: Echoes

We’re not sure how much extra the Collector’s Edition will cost yet, but it looks essential for any Metroid fan to own. It’s out on 24th August in North America so there is still two whole months to wait until you can get your hands on this slice of gaming history.

bboy2970

bboy2970 said:

Does the collectors addition only include some art past the normal addition or do you have to buy the collectors edition if you want the tin case?

Will

Will said:

Sweet, I never got to play Metroid Prime2. Any word on European release?

Machu

Machu said:

Oh my goodness, hey there pretty ;)
I wanna stroke it, any news on PAL release?

VGM

VGM said:

I own both Metroid Prime games on gamecube and corruption on Wii,and I'm still getting this. :P

CorbsAdmin

Corbs said:

I wonder if they'll send us the collector's edition as a review copy? I bet they do. And hopefully another t-shirt. I might never have to buy clothes again. :)

Mik

Mik said:

I've never played Metroid Prime on a home console before so I'll be keen to check this one out when it hits European shores

Objection

Objection said:

Looks like I WILL be getting this...even though I already have the trilogy...as of now. Runs to eBay

King_Elemento

King_Elemento said:

Wait... so does the regular edition of the game not have the features listed, or is the Collector's Edition the standard release of it?

Vendetta

Vendetta said:

2 whole months to liquidate our current Metroid games at GameStop or wherever else!

TanookiMike

TanookiMike said:

LOL, I'll probably end up buying the game just based upon the kick awesome packaging alone. :D

Schembeck

Schembeck said:

lol what a sweeeeeeet art design... anyone cares shipping one of those to Brazil once is released? :P

Dezner

Dezner said:

F*** YES!

I was already sold, but I'll gladly pay another $10 for this if I have to. I wonder if there will be a normal version? >_>

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

I'm also a bit confused about whether or not there will be a regular version. Two of the things listed as exclusive "Collector's Edition" content are supposed to be in the Prime Trilogy pack period: Widescreen support and Wii controls for the first two games. So I think this may actually be the only version.

Noire

Noire said:

Hello sexy.

I don't know where I'm going to get all this money, but its going to be spent. And some of it will be spent on this.

Andrew

Andrew said:

Nintendo doesn't have much (or any) history of releasing collector's editions in addition to the standard version. I would bet that this is the only one released.

LEGEND_MARIOID

LEGEND_MARIOID said:

Looks really nice. But I don't think I'd get it purely for the aesthetics. I'd rather the money go toward another quality game eg. Metroid Prime Other M.

I already made the decision not to get NPC MP 1&2 before the announcement of the trilogy set. I already have played the GC MP1 as well as MP3 Wii

Sabrewing

Sabrewing said:

So... This is different from the Trilogy already announced? Because two of the "bonuses" are things we already know about the game (Wii controls for MP1 and 2, and widescreen visuals). I'm guessing this particular edition is a limited-run thing like the "Collector's Edition" of The Conduit?

Terra

Terra said:

Nice, I'm definitely selling my copies of the Metroid Prime trilogy

WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart said:

Darn it! They just had to go and make a collectors edition. I can't resist the temptation so I guess I'm getting this for sure now!

cr00mz

cr00mz said:

eurogamer has it listed for september 4 but i have no idea how accurate that is

JimLad

JimLad said:

Never playing any of the Metroid Primes finally pays off!
As will never playing any of the Pikmins.
As did never playing Resident Evil 4.
No idea why I skipped all these games, but I'm told they're good. :o

ueI

ueI said:

Will the collector's eddition be available anywhere, or will it be like the Zelda Collector's Disc? I really wanted that, but it was a rare game.

Jockolantern

Jockolantern said:

That Collector's Edition metal packaging edition is all mine. Wow, that's some sexy cover art design. And here I thought I couldn't get any more excited for this particular release!

After playing Corruption with the vastly superior Wii controls, it's been absolutely impossible to go back to playing the first two games with a stiff analog stick. The 16x9 enhancements for Prime and Echoes will also be very welcome additions.

August 24th can't come soon enough.

Metroid133

Metroid133 said:

First of all I love this, but does anyone else notice on the back that it is only single player. :| I hope the didn't take out multiplayer in Echoes. :(

XD375

XD375 said:

Even as a fan of the FPS genre, I couldn't get into the first Metroid Prime when I tried it a few weeks back. I'm probably going to pass on this one and maybe get The Conduit. ^^;

Cthuloops

Cthuloops said:

Pretty sure the Japanese box art looks cooler. :P
Still though, I'm sure I'm going to get this though. :D

Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1 said:

Hey, mjc, don't be a jerk! I'm starting to wonder why I ever suggested you visit this site, since your posts are usually so negative... :(

BobberyFan98

BobberyFan98 said:

Is this gonna be for the gamestop to? i pre-ordered my copy from there, will it be in metal to? please reply!